Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,848,522 times

Advertisements

Louis Farakan was the first one to call Obama the Messiah and Al Sharpton supported this claim.

As for Rush's Jokes, you really need to listen to the man and take him in context rather than listen to the drive by medias version of what he said.

I listen to and like Rush, no one is perfect but Rush is an entertainer with some good information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 04:44 PM

692 posts, read 1,734,605 times
Actually, a friend just informed me that the term was used long before Louis Farrakhan made the comment. He stated that the term was used in 2006, then sent the link in an email. The article was not a cheerleading article about Obama. It had more of a mocking tone to me.
Real Clear Politics - News - Elections 2008 - Opinion - Commentary - TIME

Slate was the next to use the phrase that he could find and it was not in a complimentary way.
The Obama Messiah Watch. - By Timothy Noah - Slate Magazine

I've never heard Al Sharpton call Obama the Messiah. If you have proof, please provide it.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:47 PM

"As for Rush's Jokes, you really need to listen to the man and take him in context rather than listen to the drive by medias version of what he said.

I listen to and like Rush, no one is perfect but Rush is an entertainer with some good information."

As pointed out in another post Rush a sexist, racist, lying criminal. I am always saddened when I hear Christians defending this man.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliblu View Post
"As for Rush's Jokes, you really need to listen to the man and take him in context rather than listen to the drive by medias version of what he said.

I listen to and like Rush, no one is perfect but Rush is an entertainer with some good information."

As pointed out in another post Rush a sexist, racist, lying criminal. I am always saddened when I hear Christians defending this man.
Can you defend those points or are you just repeating the liberal tune?

As for Farakan and Sharpton, Farakan called Obama the messiah in a speach he gave last year and Sharpton agreed with his statement on Real Time with Bill Maher. You can probably find them on Youtube, otherwise I dont really care.

Old 03-02-2009, 04:58 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,581,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Louis Farakan was the first one to call Obama the Messiah and Al Sharpton supported this claim.
Farakan, Sharpton and Rush belong on the same page. They are all fanning the flames of discord and using partial truths capped with their own far-reaching conclusions to hate and I believe they all love themselves and the publicity it brings.

Either way, the truth is, I have never met an Obama supporter who actually thinks of Obama as the Messiah. Get real, people.

Quote:
As for Rush's Jokes, you really need to listen to the man and take him in context rather than listen to the drive by medias version of what he said.

I listen to and like Rush, no one is perfect but Rush is an entertainer with some good information.
I have listened to Rush, and he IS the joke, he is not an entertainer IMO. I think he seriously wants to be more than a radio commentator, but he knows he never can be in politics, so he takes swipes from the sidelines.

If you like listening to Rush, great, but I disagree with you about him being an entertainer. I think Rush appeals more to the white, fundamentalist christian males.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:04 PM

Farrakan and Sharpton are supposed to be leader while Rush has never claimed to be leader of anything but himself unless doing so in a joking manner. Rush's best friend and "sidekick" is a black man, so if someone have any proof that Rush is any worse than most Democrats then please share the proof, but remember the rest are political leaders and Rush is just a talk radio host and an entertainer, whether you agree or not.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:06 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,018,998 times
Quote:
Rush appeals to the worst elements of the GOP, and no one else. He isn't funny, unless you like independent and strong women called names like Feminazies, and war heros like Max Cleland called traitors.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:29 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,581,429 times
Back to the OP, even I realize Rush was making a joke.

And if you know Rush's personality, then you can certainly appreciate that the joke is something he would say, and even more to the point, Rush himself would get a kick out of anyone who would make a bigger deal out of the joke than what it was meant to be.

I never heard anyone say Sharpton or Farakan are political leaders. What political movements/parties are they leading? They are the equivalent of ambulance chasing lawyers, grandstanding for the limelight, just as Rush does, and certain televangelists.

Rush is not an entertainer IMO, sorry, Robin. If he entertains you, fine by me, I am not trying to get any more off topic than I have already.

If you want to defend the honor of Rush, the radio talk show host and entertainer, ~~and~~ the role model for GOD, then you can start a new thread and RUSH to defend him for all eternity.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:35 PM

If you're a regular listener of Limbaugh's show you have to have heard his racist and sexist remarks. But here are just a few. Once again it saddens me that Christians support and defend a racist, sexist individual who has no problem mocking the Lord.
Rush:"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back"(to an African American female caller) and the song Barack the Magic Negro are just two examples of his racism.

Rush: "Some of these babes, I'm telling you, like the sexual harassment crowd. They're out there protesting what they actually wish would happen to them sometimes. "

The fact that Rush has a black sidekick means nothing. Robin has been with Howard Stern for years. Stern parades naked women through his studio and objectifies women on a regular basis. They are just a part of the problem.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Rush appeals to the worst elements of the GOP, and no one else. He isn't funny, unless you like independent and strong women called names like Feminazies, and war heros like Max Cleland called traitors.
So that means that 90% of the Democratic party is nothing but lowlifes because of the lies they said about GW Bush. Some people just dont have a sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity