Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:34 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,840,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Robin.. what have I manipulated? I've obviously struck a nerve with you so please tell me where I've somehow turned things around?

Time to put up or shutup.
LOL; Look back at post 45, you took what I said and infered that I said something else....twist, twist, twist.
In 47 I said you have a racial problem, which does not necessarily mean you are a racist but that you see racism where none exists. Then you have to bring in the homosexual comment that many have used, so in a later post I play along in 50 & 51.
Then you come back in 55 twisting again, you do know personal gain is not always monetery dont you?
Then in 67 you point out the obvious but aim it in the wrong direction considering your responce of "Put up or shut up". Seems the truth hurts and you just proved whose nerve was struck.
Now if you cannot see your own manipulative ways then you really do have a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 10:10 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,074,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
LOL; Look back at post 45, you took what I said and infered that I said something else....twist, twist, twist.
Goodpasture stated:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Rush appeals to the worst elements of the GOP, and no one else. He isn't funny, unless you like independent and strong women called names like Feminazies, and war heros like Max Cleland called traitors.
You stated:
Quote:
So that means that 90% of the Democratic party is nothing but lowlifes because of the lies they said about GW Bush. Some people just dont have a sense of humor.
I replied:
Quote:
By your sentence you infer that Rush represents the republican party.. which is it?
In case you don't understand the meaning of infer I've included it below:

infer - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

If you can't follow the logic of why I said you "infer" that then I'm sorry and I'll attemp to draw the lines for you next time.

So I have not twisted anything. I made a statement of opinion and then asked for a clarification.

Next:

Quote:
In 47 I said you have a racial problem, which does not necessarily mean you are a racist but that you see racism where none exists.
Actually post 47 is my post but lets discuss anyway. I'm sorry you don't see the following from Rush as being racially charged:

"Rush:"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back"(to an African American female caller)

I say you don't see it racially charged becaue you stated:
Quote:
I am not defending the man but as usual people take his remarks out of context. If you see the two comments he made jokingly as racist then it is you who have the racial problem. Do you want me to bring a black guy over here to ask if he thinks these jokes are racial?

The man if a freaking entertainer and made a joke about the sexual harassment crowd. Man some people need a new funny bone.

If you must know the Black "sidekick" suggests much of what he says. As for Howard Stern, I cant stand him and he is much worse than Rush.
I'm assuming you are referring to your statement: "If you see the two comments he made jokingly as racist then it is you who have the racial problem."

where you "inferred" I had a "racial problem".

Let me be real clear as I understand the difficulty in connecting the dots:

I don't have a racial problem. A person would have to be completely devoid of reality not to see the following as racially charged. In fact I will state right now that if you don't find the following racially charged then you are probably a racist and don't know it (in my opinion.. and probably in a majority of others opinions).

Rush:"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back"(to an African American female caller)

Maybe you need a current events example to pull your thought process out of the 1950's. Do you watch the olympics? Did you see the group team photo where the kids were making "slant eyes". Do you remember the uproard surrounding that? If not.. google it. Read up on it. Educate yourself.

Next:

Quote:
Then you have to bring in the homosexual comment that many have used, so in a later post I play along in 50 & 51.
It was a sarcastic example of your failed logic. I'll be sure to put the "roll eyes" emoticon there next time some I'm crystal clear.

Next:

Quote:
Then you come back in 55 twisting again, you do know personal gain is not always monetery dont you?
Again..

You stated:
Quote:
Where? I did not say he represented anyone but himself. But I did point out that what people are complaining about him was done by the liberals towards Bush. G

Go ahead try to twist what I say again, we just might have to add you to the list of those who stretch the truth for their own personal gain.
I bolded the part you are referring to. Wouldn't want you to think I'm twsiting anything. You stated (not even inferred - see above for definition) that I twist what you say (clearly I don't as evidenced in this thread) for my own personal gain.

I stated in this response:
Quote:
yes.. my personal gain. I gain much in power and wealth by posting here. You've figured me out. Bravo chief.
So again Robin.. how did I twist your words? You stated my personal gain. Well.. its "my" personal gain and "I" define that as power and wealth so how am I twisting your words? In order to do so I'd have to twist my definition of personal gain. Maybe you should be more clear next time. Maybe next time if as you say personal gain doesn't always involve money you should be crystal clear on what personal gain you are referring to. Because until you do.. your statement continues to go on in my mind as one of the dumbest I've read on here. Again.. just my opinion chief.

Next:

Quote:
Then in 67 you point out the obvious but aim it in the wrong direction considering your responce of "Put up or shut up".
So I point out the obvious that I haven't manipulated anything (bigthirsty for the win! thanks).. oh wait.. it was in the wrong direction because i put "put up or shut up" because I've grown tired of your accusations and I've finally asked you to completely outline where I've manipulated anything you've said.. and you've failed at that..

Next:

Quote:
Seems the truth hurts and you just proved whose nerve was struck.
Ahh look.. you inferred again. See above for the definition. You are inferring that I am somehow "hurt" by the "truth" that I manipulate your words.. Again.. I've showed that not to be true at every point. A nerve was struck in that you have repeatedly attacked my integrity and thus I felt it time to call you on it. You've failed miserably in your defense.

Quote:
Now if you cannot see your own manipulative ways then you really do have a problem.
Are you talking to a mirror or to me?

So lets talking about twisting using your warped definition of "twisting words"

You twisted my response of "put up or shutup" into "a nerve was struck and I'm hurt".

You twsited my words with regards to race to say I had a "racial problem"

You twisted my words to say I stretch the truth for my own personal gain

So keeping score thats:

Robin Twists = 3
Bigthirsty Twists = 0

You can dm me your apology. Thanks in advance Mr. McTwisty.. if you don't like Mr. McTwisty I can use Mr. Twisty Von Twistystein

Old 03-05-2009, 05:10 PM

I owe you nothing because even in your attempt to prove me wrong you only made my case stronger. Thank you for doing the work for me. Mr. McTwisty sounds like a fine name for you.

So lets see the "Take the bone out of your nose" comment if you would be so kind as to put it is proper context was after the dear african american female curse Rush out on the radio and he was kind enough to merely address her racial attack with a mediocre joke. So please consider context, which you and many others have a problem with, the next time you critisize someones comments.

You said put up or shut up and you were the one who suggested someones nerve was being struck, so I merely pointed out what you asked for and showed where you were twisting to make yourself sound good therefore seeking personal gain where none was available. You sought to twist the personal gain to one little definition of wealth, but around here you merely seek to be right even if you are proven wrong.

So that means that 90% of the Democratic party is nothing but lowlifes because of the lies they said about GW Bush. Some people just dont have a sense of humor.

Now how do you get that I infered that Rush represents the republican party? I merely pointed out how Dems, or should I be more specific, liberals lied about Bush to try and make him look bad.

Moderator cut: removed

Last edited by Alpha8207; 03-05-2009 at 05:41 PM..

Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,456,795 times
Its just Rush I sure dont pay attention to any ignorant thing that comes out of his mouth.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
Its just Rush I sure dont pay attention to any ignorant thing that comes out of his mouth.
You are entitled to your opinion, so please do not take this the wrong way. But how can anyone critisize someone they refuse to listen to? Not necessarily aimed at you, but the majority only listen to what others say about Rush or what Rush says without actually looking or listening themselves. I see this as unfair judgement.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I owe you nothing because even in your attempt to prove me wrong you only made my case stronger. Thank you for doing the work for me. Mr. McTwisty sounds like a fine name for you.
Really.. maybe you can go with "I'm rubber you're glue" next time..

Quote:
So lets see the "Take the bone out of your nose" comment if you would be so kind as to put it is proper context was after the dear african american female curse Rush out on the radio and he was kind enough to merely address her racial attack with a mediocre joke. So please consider context, which you and many others have a problem with, the next time you critisize someones comments.
Oh.. so its ok to make a racially charged comment if you are defending yourself. I see you subscribe to the "two wrongs make a right" way of thinking..

Honestly.. I thought instead of african american female you might have said.. "that bone in the nose black woman".. you know.. to really put it in context..

How you can think that what Rush said wasn't racially charged is absolutely beyond my cognitive skills. How you as a "Christian" can defend him his sad.. very sad.

Quote:
You said put up or shut up and you were the one who suggested someones nerve was being struck
I've plainly stated this Robin. You call into question my integrity. Thats a big deal to me. I've let it slide a few times but I learned that in doing so you felt enabled to continue to do so. So I asked you to put up or shutup. You decided to put up. I corrected you where you were wrong (that would be everything you said) and yet you still continue.. thus i'll continue. I'm very hard headed like that.

Quote:
, so I merely pointed out what you asked for and showed where you were twisting to make yourself sound good therefore seeking personal gain where none was available. You sought to twist the personal gain to one little definition of wealth, but around here you merely seek to be right even if you are proven wrong.
Well you replied.. I wouldn't say you pointed anything out. In fact I clearly made a point by point response to your replies refuting everything you said. I stand and continue to stand by my original posts and my replies to your accusations of "twisting" anything. In fact I take offense to the use of the word "twisting" because its so utterly stupid.

Quote:

Now how do you get that I infered that Rush represents the republican party? I merely pointed out how Dems, or should I be more specific, liberals lied about Bush to try and make him look bad.
I thought this would be a hard one to get.. and I do appreciate you actually responding to and asking a question instead of accusing me of "twisting" anything.

I'll explain.

Your assumption, as I see it, is that because of a few squeaky wheels in the democratic party you've labeled all democrats as lowlifes (or at least 90%..I rounded up).

In that statement I assumed you also meant that because of one oxycontin gluttonous pig (read as Rush Limbaugh) running his mouth and being a liar then he represents all the republicans (since he is a republican). In fact if you look at my posts I even asked for clarification. See your assumptions works both ways with respect to who represents a political party.

Oh.. and I see you asked for my age. You won't be getting that. There are a few that know a few things about me on this board. Those few are people I trust with telling something about myself. I appreciate your inquiry but consider yourself not one of those few.

I will tell you this.. I've been around long enough and I've lived enough places to know the following. You are who you defend. You choose to defend Rush Limbaugh. That tells me all I need to know.

So finally.. back to the OP..

Rush.. made fun of a man with a degenerative nerve disease.. Rush to me is the equivalent of Fred Phelps. He is a piece of garbage that spews nothing but garbage.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Oh.. so its ok to make a racially charged comment if you are defending yourself. I see you subscribe to the "two wrongs make a right" way of thinking..

Honestly.. I thought instead of african american female you might have said.. "that bone in the nose black woman".. you know.. to really put it in context..

How you can think that what Rush said wasn't racially charged is absolutely beyond my cognitive skills. How you as a "Christian" can defend him his sad.. very sad.
You are completely taking me out of context as well what Rush said. I was listening to the conversation in question. The woman started off introducing herself as an african american female, which Rush thought was irrelevant at first. She laid into Rush in a very racially heated manner and he tried to calm her down. The slurs she was shooting at him had to be bleeped out and she did not give him a chance to respond in any way, so he had her cut off and made his comment. Now many take that as being racially charged but really think about it, how many cultures where or have worn bones in their noses? Not just black cultures, but barbaric cultures and her attack on Rush was very barbaric in content. But if you can only see a racial issue because she introduced herself as african american then you are part of the racial problem. Why should she be allowed to attack him in a racially heated manner and he not be allowed to respond in any manner?

Quote:
I've plainly stated this Robin. You call into question my integrity. Thats a big deal to me. I've let it slide a few times but I learned that in doing so you felt enabled to continue to do so. So I asked you to put up or shutup. You decided to put up. I corrected you where you were wrong (that would be everything you said) and yet you still continue.. thus i'll continue. I'm very hard headed like that.
So even though you are 100% wrong and incapable of listening to reason, I am the bad guy. LOL and you accuse me of questioning your integrity, which I will continue to do because you refuse to look at all sides of a story and take the talking points as fact without looking into the facts. That is an integrity problem and I will call you on your hypocricy.

Quote:
Well you replied.. I wouldn't say you pointed anything out. In fact I clearly made a point by point response to your replies refuting everything you said. I stand and continue to stand by my original posts and my replies to your accusations of "twisting" anything. In fact I take offense to the use of the word "twisting" because its so utterly stupid.
You refuted nothing but you did ignore fact. This is what is called twisting the truth when you ignore a portion of the truth to promote the portion you can manipulate to mean what you want it to to back up your lack of integrity.

Quote:
I thought this would be a hard one to get.. and I do appreciate you actually responding to and asking a question instead of accusing me of "twisting" anything.

I'll explain.

Your assumption, as I see it, is that because of a few squeaky wheels in the democratic party you've labeled all democrats as lowlifes (or at least 90%..I rounded up).
A stroke of honesty? If you will look at what I wrote I was being sarcastic about the democrates who were constantly lying about our president in his time of need.

Quote:
In that statement I assumed you also meant that because of one oxycontin gluttonous pig (read as Rush Limbaugh) running his mouth and being a liar then he represents all the republicans (since he is a republican). In fact if you look at my posts I even asked for clarification. See your assumptions works both ways with respect to who represents a political party.
You have in no way proven him to be a liar and you have made assuptions of my intent without considering the facts.

Quote:
Oh.. and I see you asked for my age. You won't be getting that. There are a few that know a few things about me on this board. Those few are people I trust with telling something about myself. I appreciate your inquiry but consider yourself not one of those few.
I dont really need your age, but your responces are very immature and I did not want to waste any more of my time with a child or childish person.

Quote:
I will tell you this.. I've been around long enough and I've lived enough places to know the following. You are who you defend. You choose to defend Rush Limbaugh. That tells me all I need to know.
Then I am proud to defend Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Mike Huckabee, George W Bush, Ted Haggard and anyone else whom I agree with. I would even defend you if you would stick to facts rather than rhetoric.

Quote:
So finally.. back to the OP..

Rush.. made fun of a man with a degenerative nerve disease.. Rush to me is the equivalent of Fred Phelps. He is a piece of garbage that spews nothing but garbage.
If you are talking about Michael J Fox, Rush pointed out a fact that later was revealed to be true. Fox stopped using his drugs so he appeared worse off in an advertisement and public appearances and Rush was condemned for pointing out this fact. I feel for Fox, but that is a very manipulative thing to do and very dishonest. If you are speaking of another event then please feel free to share.

It has been recommended by a few who I respect to ignore you and your childish ways, but I sincerely would like to see you look at facts and stop relying on rhetoric and lies you are being told. Look at both sides of a story and be willing to be open to the truth, the whole truth. For your information and future reference, I watch pretty much all the news channels and only listen to Rush occasionally. I like facts and truth even if they disagree with my beliefs.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
You are completely taking me out of context as well what Rush said. I was listening to the conversation in question. The woman started off introducing herself as an african american female, which Rush thought was irrelevant at first. She laid into Rush in a very racially heated manner and he tried to calm her down. The slurs she was shooting at him had to be bleeped out and she did not give him a chance to respond in any way, so he had her cut off and made his comment. Now many take that as being racially charged but really think about it, how many cultures where or have worn bones in their noses? Not just black cultures, but barbaric cultures and her attack on Rush was very barbaric in content. But if you can only see a racial issue because she introduced herself as african american then you are part of the racial problem. Why should she be allowed to attack him in a racially heated manner and he not be allowed to respond in any manner?
He can respond in any manner. He choose to respond in a racially charged manner. This cannot be denied. You can twist the conversation any way you like...

Quote:
So even though you are 100% wrong and incapable of listening to reason, I am the bad guy. LOL and you accuse me of questioning your integrity, which I will continue to do because you refuse to look at all sides of a story and take the talking points as fact without looking into the facts. That is an integrity problem and I will call you on your hypocricy.
I never said you were a bad guy.. I'm quite simply saying you are incorrect. Another way to say it is you are wrong. Or.. you are not right. All of these work for your argument.

Quote:
You refuted nothing but you did ignore fact. This is what is called twisting the truth when you ignore a portion of the truth to promote the portion you can manipulate to mean what you want it to to back up your lack of integrity.
What have I choosen to ignore? I posted that by your sarcastic remark you now infer "X" and then asked for a clarification. You turn around and say I'm twisitng your words. To me you sound thin skinned.. thats just me though.

Quote:
A stroke of honesty? If you will look at what I wrote I was being sarcastic about the democrates who were constantly lying about our president in his time of need.
I realize that. I realized it then. Thus why I asked for clarity within that same post.

but that brings up another point. what lies by what democrats? I'm not registered to either party but i'd be interested to find out what the far right wing thinks these lies are.

Quote:
You have in no way proven him to be a liar and you have made assuptions of my intent without considering the facts.
Sure I did. He said Michael J Fox was exaggerating the effects of the disease. As if Michael J Fox was twitching on purpose and more animated about it. He lied. Done. Thats just off the top of my head. If you'd like me to find more I will. No problem doing that. I'll follow the trail of ribs, donuts and oxycontin..

Quote:
I dont really need your age, but your responces are very immature and I did not want to waste any more of my time with a child or childish person.
If you don't need it.. then why did you ask for it. Just weird to ask for something you don't need.

Quote:
Then I am proud to defend Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Mike Huckabee, George W Bush, Ted Haggard and anyone else whom I agree with. I would even defend you if you would stick to facts rather than rhetoric.
1. I really don't want your defense... seriously. Keep it. Please.
2. Defend them. Its your right. Just like its my right to show what d-bags they are.

Quote:
If you are talking about Michael J Fox, Rush pointed out a fact that later was revealed to be true. Fox stopped using his drugs so he appeared worse off in an advertisement and public appearances and Rush was condemned for pointing out this fact.
Doesn't matter. He said "He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," which clearly indicates that Rush said he was somehow "over acting" his degenerative nerve disease.

The conclusions can only be:

1. MJF doesn't take his medication and deliberately twitches (which he didn't)
or
2. MJF doesn't take his medication and it shows the actual effects of the disease

Either way MJF wasn't exaggerating anything. If he didn't take his meds he is in fact showing EXACTLY WHAT THE DISEASE DOES. jfc its amazing that I have to explain this to someone who reports themselves as being so logical.. I do agree with you.. talking with someone who is childish in scope can be frustrating because they can't seem to draw LOGICAL CONCLUSIONS.

Its actually dishonest and manipulative to take the meds and cover up the effects of the disease.

Quote:
I feel for Fox, but that is a very manipulative thing to do and very dishonest. If you are speaking of another event then please feel free to share.
Holy crap are you serious? Its "manipulative" and "dishonest" to show the actual effects of the disease? Maybe all cancer patients should be required not to show their baldness because thats "manipulative" and "dishonest". I mean how would we then know if they had cancer? Maybe MJF can wear a scarlet letter of sorts indicating when he has taken his meds and when he hasn't? I can't believe I have to explain how wrong your logics is to another human being. Pathetic.

Quote:
It has been recommended by a few who I respect to ignore you and your childish ways,
Let me let you in on a little secret. Those you respect.. are probably.. nay.. 100% the people I wouldn't respect. So I truly couldn't give a rats arse if some bigoted right wing poster on here thinks you should ignore me. I invite it. I plead with you to ignore me. Just do it and stop talking about it.

Quote:
but I sincerely would like to see you look at facts and stop relying on rhetoric and lies you are being told.
I don't rely on the rhetoric and lies. Thats why I refute everything you say.

Quote:
Look at both sides of a story and be willing to be open to the truth, the whole truth.
I'm all about the truth. You can call me Truthy McTruthster. Truth Von Stinkytruthbottom.

I know the truth. Truth is Rush is a racial bigot as evidenced by the MULTIPLE racially charged things he says. He gets "conservative middle america" all fired up and he is in a position to reach lots of people. He is very smart and he knows exactly what he is doing. I call a spade a spade.. and Rush.. is a d-bag.

Quote:
For your information and future reference, I watch pretty much all the news channels and only listen to Rush occasionally. I like facts and truth even if they disagree with my beliefs.
I don't care... I really don't. You watching all the news channels has no bearing on this discussion. All it does is show me that you don't listen to all the other news channels.. you watch them.. but you listen to Rush. Your words.. not mine. Now if you can't understand or are willing to understand the funny nature of that last sentence then... don't know what to tell you. See.. I used your words exactly.. no twisting.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69

Quote:
He can respond in any manner. He choose to respond in a racially charged manner. This cannot be denied. You can twist the conversation any way you like...
So you are saying she has every right to insult him and call him all sorts of racial names but he has no right to return the favor, now that sounds like a double standard.

Quote:

Quote:
I never said you were a bad guy.. I'm quite simply saying you are incorrect. Another way to say it is you are wrong. Or.. you are not right. All of these work for your argument.
So you are saying you have looked at both sides of the story and still conclude Rush is wrong for his sarcastic reaction to her racially heated remarks, but she was right to say what she did. Double standard again.

Quote:

Quote:
What have I choosen to ignore? I posted that by your sarcastic remark you now infer "X" and then asked for a clarification. You turn around and say I'm twisitng your words. To me you sound thin skinned.. thats just me though.
You ignore the parts of the story that make you look foolish while I am willing to look at all parts. If that makes me thin skinned because I am openminded enough to look at all side, fine, but it really makes you look childish.

Quote:

Quote:
I realize that. I realized it then. Thus why I asked for clarity within that same post.

but that brings up another point. what lies by what democrats? I'm not registered to either party but i'd be interested to find out what the far right wing thinks these lies are.
They claimed he lied about WMDs when all he did was present the information the entire congress and senate shared and many of them were very outspoken in support of the intel and then turned on him for political reasons. Many of them accused him of lying about the surge working and still refuse to apologize for their own lies. They blame Bush for the situation we are in now but ignore their own part in the economic situation. Al Gore accused the president of lying, but never specified about what. Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reed, Barney Frank, Hillary Clinton, and many more constantly accused Bush of lying but never specified what the lie was except the WMDs and AlQuade being in bed with Saddam, and they are the very ones who demanded something be done and even claimed they read all the intel reports themselves. So if he supposedly lied then they lied as well. Double Standard.

Quote:

Sure I did. He said Michael J Fox was exaggerating the effects of the disease. As if Michael J Fox was twitching on purpose and more animated about it. He lied. Done. Thats just off the top of my head. If you'd like me to find more I will. No problem doing that. I'll follow the trail of ribs, donuts and oxycontin..

Quote:

If you don't need it.. then why did you ask for it. Just weird to ask for something you don't need.

Quote:

2. Defend them. Its your right. Just like its my right to show what d-bags they are.

Quote:
If you are talking about Michael J Fox, Rush pointed out a fact that later was revealed to be true. Fox stopped using his drugs so he appeared worse off in an advertisement and public appearances and Rush was condemned for pointing out this fact.

Doesn't matter. He said "He is exaggerating the effects of the disease," which clearly indicates that Rush said he was somehow "over acting" his degenerative nerve disease.

or
2. MJF doesn't take his medication and it shows the actual effects of the disease

Either way MJF wasn't exaggerating anything. If he didn't take his meds he is in fact showing EXACTLY WHAT THE DISEASE DOES. jfc its amazing that I have to explain this to someone who reports themselves as being so logical.. I do agree with you.. talking with someone who is childish in scope can be frustrating because they can't seem to draw LOGICAL CONCLUSIONS.

Its actually dishonest and manipulative to take the meds and cover up the effects of the disease.

Quote:
I feel for Fox, but that is a very manipulative thing to do and very dishonest. If you are speaking of another event then please feel free to share.

Holy crap are you serious? Its "manipulative" and "dishonest" to show the actual effects of the disease? Maybe all cancer patients should be required not to show their baldness because thats "manipulative" and "dishonest". I mean how would we then know if they had cancer? Maybe MJF can wear a scarlet letter of sorts indicating when he has taken his meds and when he hasn't? I can't believe I have to explain how wrong your logics is to another human being. Pathetic.

Quote:
It has been recommended by a few who I respect to ignore you and your childish ways,

Let me let you in on a little secret. Those you respect.. are probably.. nay.. 100% the people I wouldn't respect. So I truly couldn't give a rats arse if some bigoted right wing poster on here thinks you should ignore me. I invite it. I plead with you to ignore me. Just do it and stop talking about it.

Quote:
but I sincerely would like to see you look at facts and stop relying on rhetoric and lies you are being told.

Quote:
Look at both sides of a story and be willing to be open to the truth, the whole truth.

I'm all about the truth. You can call me Truthy McTruthster. Truth Von Stinkytruthbottom.

I know the truth. Truth is Rush is a racial bigot as evidenced by the MULTIPLE racially charged things he says. He gets "conservative middle america" all fired up and he is in a position to reach lots of people. He is very smart and he knows exactly what he is doing. I call a spade a spade.. and Rush.. is a d-bag.

Quote:
For your information and future reference, I watch pretty much all the news channels and only listen to Rush occasionally. I like facts and truth even if they disagree with my beliefs.

I don't care... I really don't. You watching all the news channels has no bearing on this discussion. All it does is show me that you don't listen to all the other news channels.. you watch them.. but you listen to Rush. Your words.. not mine. Now if you can't understand or are willing to understand the funny nature of that last sentence then... don't know what to tell you. See.. I used your words exactly.. no twisting.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:38 PM

Sorry I accidently hit submit so here is the rest.

Quote:

Quote:
It was proven he was exagerating for the stem cell commercial, but of course no one ever wants to admit a liberal would fake something like that. It was also proven he stopped taking his meds, which work very well, to lie and make it seem like only stemcell research would help him, which has since been proven wont. Now you want to continue to harp on his oxycontin use, which were proven to be legitimate perscriptions for multiple ailments with multiple doctors. All legitimate, but he should have told each doctor he was already taking the drug. Ear doctor, back doctor, joint doctor, the man is not very healthy. But like I said, he should have been open with the doctors so they would know he did not need more of the same drug. He admitted to this, apologized, payed a fine, went to rehab and you want to rehash it. Again, Double standard.

Quote:

Quote:
Just curious, not needy.

Quote:

Quote:
Then please look at all sides of the arguements, you said yourself you were not part of either party, so prove it by looking at all sides.

Quote:

Quote:
It was proven he was overacting.

Quote:

or

As I said it was proven he was over exaggerating to get sympathy for research that is a waste of tax dollars. Please look deeper into a situation before you pick sides.

Quote:

Quote:
Please see my earlier remarks.

Quote:

Quote:
So what do you think of the left, if as you claim you do not adhere to either side? Or are you lying about that as well and too much of a coward to really look at the facts that prove you wrong.

Quote:

Quote:
You have proven by your reactions that you have fallen for the left wing lies and are promoting them as your own.

Quote:

Quote:

If you are all aboput the truth than look at all sides and maybe you will find the truth. Rush does not control opinions, he promotes thought, he does not want you to take his word for anything he says, he wants you to do the research yourself and all he is doing is motivating you.

Quote:

Quote:
It does have a bearing on this discussion. It proves I am willing to look at all sides and not just one side while you stick to one side and fall for the BS. Rush is on the radio, so you have to listen or you miss something. I also listen to Glenn Beck. I watch Anderson Cooper, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Keith Olbermann, Rachael Maddow, Chris Matthews and many more to see all sides and not just one view. If I didnt listen then the TV would be off as would the radio. Yep your are twisting and leaving out key points, Rush= Radio, Glenn=Radio/TV, Keith=TV, you forgot to mention their media outlets therefor twisting what I say to mean other than what I meant. Childish, so childish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity