Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:20 AM

381 posts, read 798,876 times

Advertisements

All the talk about sin, legalism, performance and adding to a salvation by conditions is undermining the very gospel.

Jesus said:

Come to me all you who labor.
All that the father has given me are mine.
No one can snatch them out of my hand.
many will come to me saying Lord, Lord.
my yoke is easy, my burden light.
I never knew you.
do not worry
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
I speak to them in parables because hearing they do not hear.
Peace I give you, but not as the world gives.
I will send you a helper.
He will guide you into all truth.
Be of good cheer
the world hateth me, therefore the world hateth you.
I have overcome the world.

We are all overcomers through Christ. Every single case on here made for and suggesting that 100% commandment keeping perfection and sabbath recognition whether on saturday or constantine's sunday suggests that God's grace is not sufficient for us.

But that is not what He said to His servant Paul. He said My grace is sufficient.

your argument simply cannot do what Grace and the Holy Spirit through the dispensation of grace and election has already done.

It will never do it no matter how many literal verses you put forth claiming our hope is based on meeting a performance standard. There is now therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Try as you may, you can't touch that! In Christ there is total perfection based on man's inability to see beyond this world. He chose this foolishness to confound the wise.

go ahead and try and tear down the entire new convenant . I'd be weary of trying to prophesy in His name by saying what he did at Calvary wasn't enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Quote:
He said My grace is sufficient.
Amen. God bless.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:42 PM

thank you shana think about this. if I took the very verses where God said, " I will destroy you, Israel,"

I could preach a doctrine over and over about god declaring he will destroy Israel.

that is the problem as I see it. taking a few verses, then bundling into a doctrine of one's making and using it to dispel every gospel teaching from Jesus to Paul. it is apostacy at its finest.

I knew you before you were knit together in the womb
My thoughts for you are of peace
His tender mercies are new every morning.
Nothing can separate us from the Love of God

It was Satan who stood at the throne accusing Joshua...go figure.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:56 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
All the talk about sin, legalism, performance and adding to a salvation by conditions is undermining the very gospel.

Jesus said:

Come to me all you who labor.
All that the father has given me are mine.
No one can snatch them out of my hand.
many will come to me saying Lord, Lord.
my yoke is easy, my burden light.
I never knew you.
do not worry
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
I speak to them in parables because hearing they do not hear.
Peace I give you, but not as the world gives.
I will send you a helper.
He will guide you into all truth.
Be of good cheer
the world hateth me, therefore the world hateth you.
I have overcome the world.

We are all overcomers through Christ. Every single case on here made for and suggesting that 100% commandment keeping perfection and sabbath recognition whether on saturday or constantine's sunday suggests that God's grace is not sufficient for us.

But that is not what He said to His servant Paul. He said My grace is sufficient.

your argument simply cannot do what Grace and the Holy Spirit through the dispensation of grace and election has already done.

It will never do it no matter how many literal verses you put forth claiming our hope is based on meeting a performance standard. There is now therefore no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Try as you may, you can't touch that! In Christ there is total perfection based on man's inability to see beyond this world. He chose this foolishness to confound the wise.

go ahead and try and tear down the entire new convenant . I'd be weary of trying to prophesy in His name by saying what he did at Calvary wasn't enough.
Yes, you are right that know one can, not even satan can snatch anyone out of Jesus hand. But a person can step out on their on into danger. A person can reject Jesus and reject being in His hands. A person can also choose satan over Jesus.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:10 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
So Dave, how does God decide who His elect are?

Old 03-09-2009, 03:10 AM

you're kidding right? I don't know, but the word says he knew before we were knit together in the womb. Jesus tells the father in John, "thank you father, all that you have given me are mine." I am His. I've been bought with a price. BTW, the word says the book of life already is filled out. I'm just the messenger.

to clarify my title in the proper context, let me say that those who God has called through the son are kept until the day of salvation. we have an advocate with the father, the man jesus Christ, who is the only mediator between God and man.

though we may stumble in the race, we are forgiven, and If I boast I boast about the things fo God. Jesus died for our sins so that all might come to salvation. He will by no means cast anyone out who comes to him seeking mercy and forgiveness. Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:40 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave737driver View Post
you're kidding right?
No, I'm not kidding! I'm 100% serious.

Quote:
He will by no means cast anyone out who comes to him seeking mercy and forgiveness. Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
What is the person who seeks him, who calls on His name isn't one of those He chose in advance? Either the decision was made for us before we were born, or we have the freedom to either seek Him or not. If we have no choice in the matter but are already on God's list of "Those Whom I Have Chosen to Save," what's the point of our even caring? If I'm on the list, I'm saved; if I'm not, I'm damned. I don't get your reasoning. And yes, once again, I am 100% serious.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
What about, "You will know them by their fruit"? You can feel free to read the whole chapter that goes with the verse.

How about, "All things are lawful to me"? Please read the whole chapter.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:06 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No, I'm not kidding! I'm 100% serious.

What is the person who seeks him, who calls on His name isn't one of those He chose in advance? Either the decision was made for us before we were born, or we have the freedom to either seek Him or not. If we have no choice in the matter but are already on God's list of "Those Whom I Have Chosen to Save," what's the point of our even caring? If I'm on the list, I'm saved; if I'm not, I'm damned. I don't get your reasoning. And yes, once again, I am 100% serious.

Yes, the Calvinist view that God has selected those to whom he will give eternal life and therefore cannot be lost creates huge problems. For example if one believes in eternal torment in hell then it must follow that God created some people whose only destiny is to burn in hell forever.

It appears that pre election is a comfort to the sinner because he cannot be lost and he does not bear any personal responsibility for his sin in regards to salvation.

The interesting thing is that I have never seen person who believed in pre election who did not also believe the HE was one of the elect.

In one sense a Calvinist actually saves himself. They say that those who have faith are the elect and then define faith in such a way that they are included among the elect.

"I am elected because I have faith - I have faith because I am elected."

Perfect circular reasoning.

HK

Old 03-12-2009, 09:03 PM

70 posts, read 114,142 times
"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." EPHESIANS 2:8-9

I think many are interpreting this verse to mean 'its ok to do anything you want. you'll still be saved'

FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD. (JAMES 2:14)

So.

-We are saved by grace.

-grace through faith.

-and with this faith, we'll want to do good works

In other words, this does not mean we forget about doing good works!

Why else would James 2:14 say 'faith without works is dead'???
Why would the NT say the saved are those that keep the Commandments of God?
Why would NT say 'if you love me, you'll keep my commandments'?

Once We Accept Christ!

We Will Then Want to Do what is Right aka Keeping His Commandments!

It don't get any clearer than that!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity