Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 11:36 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,668,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Playing Chess with the Devil

Satan: The Chess Master

It is anyone’s guess what Satan does for recreation in his spare time, but I imagine he would be very good at chess. For someone who spends most of his time devising strategies for ensnaring humanity with various vices, he would likely be a formidable chess opponent.

One of the greatest mistakes we can make is to underestimate Satan’s cunning. We tend to view him as a loser who ran afoul of God and got fired from his job. Unfortunately, he found new employment: the task of damning men's souls to hell.
Full article here: Playing Chess with the Devil ~ Bible Prophecy Today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 12:25 AM

307 posts, read 1,181,504 times
How did he get this power again? Did he create it or assume it?

Old 03-14-2009, 02:35 AM

589 posts, read 1,560,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
How did he get this power again? Did he create it or assume it?
If you read the entire article in the link posted by the OP, there's the answer to your question. God is in full control... he let Satan do his evil deeds but in the end it all fits into his plan.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
If you read the entire article in the link posted by the OP, there's the answer to your question. God is in full control... he let Satan do his evil deeds but in the end it all fits into his plan.

Quote:
God: The Ultimate Chess Master

God is in charge of everything that happens. His level of control is so absolute, He sets the stage for everything that will happen in the universe. How can Satan compete against a Being who knows every move he is going to make ahead of time? God does more than just rule the chess board. He controls both the white and the black pieces.

The devil is so hopelessly outwitted, God published in the Bible many of Satan’s fatal mistakes far ahead of the time he made them. There are still some blunders yet to come. The Holy Word predicts that the devil will attempt to destroy the Jews and that he will make a stand against Jesus at the Battle of Armageddon. Both will end in total failure.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:35 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i dont have that perception and i play a lot of chess. he is not an all powerful intelligent force. he has no intelligence. divine mind god is the only intelligence all satan can do is plant suggestions which come in the guise of yown thought. fear sin bad ideas poor judgement--- and you can take them or reject them. most of our populous is very receptive to these suggestions, like excellent hypnotism subjects. they think they really want to do these bad things and that the idea is entirely theirs.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 AM

307 posts, read 1,181,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilvan View Post
Who in this case is "his" evil plans?

FTA

"God is in charge of everything that happens. His level of control is so absolute, He sets the stage for everything that will happen in the universe."

"The only reason we have the impression that God is in a fair contest with His adversary is the fact He grants His creation free will."

"We can make all the decisions we want, but in the end, they all fit into God's perfect plan."

Think these statements thru.

My question stands.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:12 AM

436 posts, read 1,174,323 times
I also think the devil is cunning. Nay! He is smart. One of the things he did way earlier on in the game was to neutralise his enemy. I mean look at history, at first the christain church was persecuted. But that did not weaken the church but made it stronger. So what did the devil do instead? He cripples the church from within. And man that was effective. If you can not kill them then join them and attack from within. But God is in control. So my point is I dont think we can afford to take the devil lightly. His given us one to many blows as christians, personally and as the church. The dude knows what his doing even if its to his own detriment.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:44 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
Yes, I also agree. I call satan a loser all the time, but I'm fully aware of his ways. He will never stop his job until he is destroyed. But until then he will continue to go around seeking who he can destroy. But the good thing is that Jesus gave us authority over him, so we can keep satan under our feet, but most allow him into their lives and destroy their life.

If you give satan an inch, he will become a ruler. He wants to be ruler of the universe, but we know that want happen, and he also knows that. He only has a set time to do what he is doing, then he will be destroyed, end of him, nothing else said. Thank Jesus, satan is already defeated, but is will also be destroyed.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Yes, I also agree. I call satan a loser all the time, but I'm fully aware of his ways. He will never stop his job until he is destroyed. But until then he will continue to go around seeking who he can destroy. But the good thing is that Jesus gave us authority over him, so we can keep satan under our feet, but most allow him into their lives and destroy their life.

If you give satan an inch, he will become a ruler. He wants to be ruler of the universe, but we know that want happen, and he also knows that. He only has a set time to do what he is doing, then he will be destroyed, end of him, nothing else said. Thank Jesus, satan is already defeated, but is will also be destroyed.
Who said, "The greatest lie ever told is convincing the world he doesn't exist?" This is so true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity