Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:19 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times

Advertisements

by Justin Peters. One heresy at a time

YouTube - Exposing Word of Faith Prosperity Gospel:Justin Peters / SO4J-TV / 2009 DVD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 10:07 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,480 times
Okay the dude at the dest with a laptop looks like he is going to cry....and what's with the one guys odd hair do?!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,561,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Okay the dude at the dest with a laptop looks like he is going to cry....and what's with the one guys odd hair do?!
He has cerebral palsy, he goes to different healing revivals to give reports. His testimony is awesome. He says, if he didn't have cerebral palsy, he wouldn't be a Christian. Too many Christians think they should be cured or that God always wants us to be healthy, or even worse that somehow we brought our sickness upon ourselves because we were not doing God's will, that is not scriptural. Sometimes God willed us to be sick so that we can give Him the glory in what other task He has for us. Christians who are sick must use that sickness to His glory. It pains Justin Peters greatly to see what these men and women preach.

Praise God!

(John 9:1-3)
1As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2And His disciples asked Him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?"
3Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:38 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,167,113 times
I really liked his demeanor. I could easily listen to more by him. Thanks for posting this.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:05 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,480 times
I didn't really get the point though....Was the guy at the laptop supposed to be one of the word of faith guys? I've never heard of him and didn't get a lot of info from the video. Although I'll admit, he is the only one who looked like he had it together!

Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 PM

224 posts, read 405,325 times
This is one movement that I could never get into. I remember when I first was saved, God would not allow me to be comfortable with it. Now, I can listen to a few WOF ministers here and there, from time to time when they are talking some practical stuff..but, that is even rare.

I just could never get into any of this "God wants everybody rich" stuff, and send in your 'seed' to be blessed stuff. If God leads me to give I will, but I will not do it because I am looking to buy God's blessings or something. It is crazy...

Old 05-12-2009, 01:08 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Default Tithing

Choo Thomas says God revealed to her that if we don't tithe we will go to hell because we are disobeying God's law.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:49 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,882,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Choo Thomas says God revealed to her that if we don't tithe we will go to hell because we are disobeying God's law.

If that is true, then she is living under the law of the Old Covenant, where tithing was a part of the Old Testament law. Such teaching is making some televangelists filthy rich, because some Christians tithe to them. There are millions of Christians today who think we must tithe, that it is part of the New Covenant. It is not. There is no teaching anywhere in the New Testament by Jesus, or the early church disciples, to tithe a tenth of your income. (under the New Covenant). Besides that, you can't "buy" your way into heaven by "tithing" anyway...eternal life is a gift bought by the blood of Jesus Christ at Calvary, to all those who will believe and recieve Him...

Giving, on the other hand, is certainly taught and expected...

Tithe= Old covenant law, do it "or else"
Giving=a voluntary act of kindness, good will

Bud

Old 05-12-2009, 04:02 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
The biggest issue I have is that God's will for each of us is to die to the flesh - I don't hear that from WOF - they dodge the cross like it's swine flu...

Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 PM

224 posts, read 405,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The biggest issue I have is that God's will for each of us is to die to the flesh - I don't hear that from WOF - they dodge the cross like it's swine flu...
Yepper! You hit the nail on the head. You better not say that your are suffering or going through anything and God is the one put you in the trial...oh no...Suffering in their eyes is all of the devil and not the will of God that we suffer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity