Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:44 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,944,262 times

Advertisements

"And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads. Rev. 13:16

Many Christians are looking for a future 7-year tribulation and Antichrist man who will force them to take a mark in their right hand or forehead or be beheaded. Let me tell you: there is no such thing. There will be no man called Antichrist who is the devil incarnate; no mark placed on their body; no buying or selling with this mark. It would take too long to explain why, as I'm sure many of you already know the reasons, but let me just point out this one glaring fact: notice the phrase "free and slave" in the infamous Revelation passage. Do you know of any country in the world today that openly practices slavery? If there are no slaves to take the mark, then how can John's prophecy be fulfilled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 12:47 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,404,434 times
Are there really no present day slaves? I'd like to know that just to know.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:22 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,169,768 times
No slaves today? Yes, there are.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:36 PM

Wait a minute; don't take me out of context. Of course there are men, women, & children that are sold into slavery right in the USA, not to mention numerous countries around the world. I said "openly" meaning with the condoning and permission of the legal bodies of governance governing them. I think when John says "all" he means, in the least, the vast majority, if not ALL. So tell me even a few countries where slavery is legal and is openly practiced?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,169,768 times
You really think it has to mean open slavery? (And sorry...I didn't intend to take you out of context... )

What about slave labor in places like China?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:35 PM

154 posts, read 276,483 times
or the sex industry where women and children are kidnapped / beaten / drugged and sold to be used against their will..... even in the USA.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:37 PM

slaves are everywhere you just have to open your eyes... I'm not for or against the end time prophesy theories.... I'm just saying, that slaves do indeed exist!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:40 PM

If you go by this..... many more are slaves..... to their jobs, addictions etc etc.....

Quote:
[SIZE=5]Slave[/SIZE]

A person who is held in bondage to another; one who is wholly subject to the will of another; one who is held as a chattel; one who has no freedom of action, but whose person and services are wholly under the control of another.

One who has lost the power of resistance; one who surrenders himself to any power whatever; as, a slave to [COLOR=#006400! important][COLOR=#006400! important]passion[/color][/color], to lust, to strong drink, to ambition.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:00 PM

I think it is pretty well accepted that John was referring to the kind of slavery where one man could "legally" prove he owned another human being by producing a bill of sale, or showing title, etc. I'm pretty sure that the "slave labor" in China doesn't involve that kind of ownership of employees. Let's stick with literal definitions, rather than figurative ones ie "slave to his job". So since no legal form of literal slavery exists in the world the prophecy of John must have been referring to his time when slavery WAS legal, hence no 7-year future tribulation w/ some joker called Antichrist sitting in a mythical Jewish temple where animal sacrifice is resumed (imagine what the animal rights activists would do with that one!) and lopping off people's heads in they don't take 666 on their body, or worship some mechanical robotron that works like those things in Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland. I mean where did people come up with this outlandish nonsense like the pre-trib rapture and such. NOWHERE in the Bible does it mention pre-trib rapture, 7-year tribulation, or a man called Antichrist.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:50 PM

319 posts, read 1,464,098 times
Well throw the bible out the window.. it is all false !! (according to some people)

DID YOU KNOW ??? plans are in the worlks right now - EVERYONE in the world will be 'chipped' by 2015 or 2017

The Bilderbergs made that a priority @ their last meeting.

They are the ones controling OBAMA !! He is their puppet !!

It is very interesting to note: Not one bible prediction has ever failed !

If the bible says it.. .. you can bet it will happen EXACTLY word for word as GOD wrote it, in HIS BOOK !!

DID YOU KNOW??? There is a very strange prediction in the bible, that doesn't even seem to make sense, but it happend word for word, just as God said it would

(God speaking - in the book of Isaiah) - I will make a monument for a sign, I will place it, in the MIDDLE of EGYPT - on the border ?????????

How can something be in the middle of a country and on the border ??

that is impossible ! (isn't it )

The Great Pyramid of Giza / Gaza sits exactly in the middle of Egypt

and.. .. it is right smack dab on the border between upper Eqypt and Lower Egypt, which puts it in the middle of the country exactly !

NOW.. .. they have recently discovered, SALT WATER marks, high inside of that pyramid, several of them - that proves it was here, in place BEFORE NOAH !! ENOCH is the one person that built that !! how come all pyramids have inscriptions inside, except this one, nothing Except an empty coffin

did you know?? that the shaft that points to the 3 stars in the sky, that shaft also lines up perfectly - with the exact center of the old temple in Jerusalem to the center of the Holy of holies !!

that is just no coincidence. The master architect.. why do people limit GOD, and think that writing a book is far to difficult for HIM to accomplish ??

We have come to the conclusion based on hundreds of years of research.. man could never have built that monument !!

It is too precise ... with Jerusalem !!

The mark of the Beast.. you can betacha it is going to happen JUST EXACTLY as it is written !! GOD CANNOT LIE !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity