Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:11 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times

Advertisements

[b][/B]Suffering Wrong -Genesis Chapter 4
The Challenge of Raising Cain #1 Ever met a destroyer...someone who can inflict tremendous hurt without feeling any guilt? Sadly, destroyers are everywhere. They're really tuned in to their own pain, but are incapable of caring whether their victims are in pain or not. Destroyers are nothing new...in fact, the first destroyer was born into mankind's first family. Today: we'll learn what motivates destroyers.
Series: Suffering Wrong
A Demon at the door
interesting video,
Running to Win - Long Version (Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer) - Broadcast Archives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,001 times
I dont think Cain was a sociopath because all signs point to him being a very devout man after killing Abel and being confronted by God. Look at all the names of his decendents, they contain the name of God for the most part and many scholars believe this is in thanks for the mercy God showed him.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:49 PM

Do you think that he was one before He killed his brother?
DId you get a chance to listen to the video?
I have to listen to it again without being distracted
Thanks
God Bless You

Old 05-21-2009, 03:52 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
Isaih 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:53 PM

btw in this sermon he has alluded to Cain having sociopathic tendencies
these were not my words

Old 05-21-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Isaih 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

Care to elaborate more little elmer?
I'd like to understand why you've quoted Isaiah 54:16 as to it's correlation to the video?
which btw is one of my favorites passages of scripture
Thanks

Old 05-21-2009, 04:00 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
I don't think that Cain was a sociopath. I don't even think he meant to kill his brother like he did.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM

We all recoil hearing stories of killers who slay without conscience or remorse and then complain if they're not treated properly. In their twisted minds, these people have a real double standard. They're like Cain of old, who had no sorrow for killing Abel, but was quite worried that someone might kill him. Today: understanding the mind of the self-absorbed.
Series: Suffering Wrong

Running to Win - Long Version (Dr. Erwin W. Lutzer) - Broadcast Archives
I should have posted this thread after listened to the both of these sermons thoroughly
Dr. Lutzer seems to use Cain as an example to those who have no remorse, and are self-absorbed. I think listening to this sermon would be of great benefit, I heard it initially on the radio as it was playing in the background, and this sermon came on, and his words caught my
attention.
Check it out for yourself and give me your feedback, if you would
Thanks

Old 05-21-2009, 04:36 PM

But let's take a look at the scriptures and see the condiotion of Cain's heart and what would have driven him to commit this calculating murder
Hebrews 11:4
"By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did." When Abel came for worship, it was by faith that he brought his offering, the "fat portions from some of the first-born of his flock" (Genesis 4:4). The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, and it was accepted.

His brother Cain brought "some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord" (Genesis 4:3). But on Cain and his offering the Lord did not look with favor. We do not know how He expressed His rejection, but it was evident. In Jude’s epistle, verse 11, we read, "They have taken the way of Cain," referring to lawless men. This may mean that they, like Cain, disobediently devised their own ways of worship; they did not come by faith. Cain’s offering, while acceptable in his own eyes, was not acceptable to the Lord. The result was that Cain became very angry, and later, in the field, he killed his brother Abel (Genesis 4:8).

Why did Cain kill Abel? It was premeditated murder, caused by anger, jealousy, and pride. John wrote, [I]"Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his own actions were evil and his brother’s were righteous" (1 John 3:12). The evil in his heart was further revealed when the Lord asked Cain, "Where is your brother Abel?" "I don’t know," he replied. "Am I my brother’s keeper?" (Genesis 4:9). The Lord brought a curse on Cain, and he went out from His presence.[/i]

Here it states that Cain belonged to the "evil one" and had evil in his heart, not his mind
so could he have been demonized?
When God asked where Abel was , he smarted off at the mouth at Him, that must have took a lot of guts, unless he was really demonized.

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 05-21-2009 at 04:46 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Could the same anger and rejection cause siblings today to be at war with one another?
when parents play favorites?
I'm not intentionally trying to jump from topic, but I see alot of things that can learned from this
scripture.or at least discussed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity