Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2010, 08:45 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,274 times

Advertisements

Just about Cain, and the "token", the promise YHWH gave Him to assuage his fear.

So let's begin at the beginning.
Someone asked this:

Quote:
Have you heard of Cain, have you heard of the mark on him, ...
Nope, I haven't heard of such a thing as that you speak of, as it is not in the Word of YHWH.

God gave Cain a token of promise after their conversation [a sign/token] to assure Cain that he would "not" be killed by "all" who found him. The word "not" is used by YHWH in the promise, assuaging Cain's stated fear, for which fear YHWH gave the "sign/token" of promise. "Cain would not live in fear for his life on earth", is YHWH's promise to Cain.

He also promised that Cain would be avenged sevenfold if one did seek to kill him.

Cain did not wander forever, as he was first "cursed" to do, but settled down and built a city and named his firstborn "dedicated" -as to YHWH.
Cain seems to have had grace abundant, after his first hardness of heart, when you look into the original wording of what Cain said and what YHWH answered him.

Try a Hebrew to English Jewish translation to better understand what the Hebrew states -or just go look at a good concordance and lexicon.
The word says that Cain was given a "token of promise" given to him by YHWH, "that he would not be set upon and killed", -like being a hunted criminal in the earth, as he feared.

Murder is not the unforgivable sin, and Cain killed his brother in a satanic rage of jealousy, after not heeding the warning of YHWH given to him.

On the "token" word: YHWH gave Cain the promise that he would not be hunted and killed in the earth, and that if anyone did kill Cain, Cain's blood would be avenged "sevenfold";
and YHWH gave the world the rainbow as a token/sign that he would never destroy all flesh by a flood, again, and that as long as the earth endures, the four seasons will not cease: summer; fall; winter; spring.
The same word is used in the promise of the token of the Rainbow , as Cain's token of promise for not being hunted and killed, for the avenging.

Gen 9:12 And God said, This [is] the token/sign of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that [is] with you, for perpetual generations:
token: Gesenius's Lexicon (Help)

So, if you have been taught and accepted the teaching that the Holy God of the Holy Word cursed the skin of Cain to make it black, then this is Bible truth, for you.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 01-17-2010 at 08:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,432,925 times
Hmm,well that take on the subject is different then that held by many religious leaders in the early days of this country,I'm not sure about other areas of the world.I don't believe that God cares about or uses skin color as a curse either so on that we can agree.

Speaking of cain,I know the book of enoch says that cain settled down and married his sister and had a number of children with her.I have read quotes from you from 'enoch' and I was wondering if you think God approved of his incestious marriage to his sister as outlined in 'enoch' or am I misunderstanding something here.I just read another thread on here ,[men can grow horns],where a few are debating whether the book of enoch is false or should be considered scripture.Do you consider it to be true or partially true?I confess to haveing read only bits and pieces of it but find him marrying his sister to be a bit troubling,although I'm not sure where people who believe in all coming from adam and eve think the next generation could have come from without marrying their sister.Your thoughts?

Old 01-18-2010, 10:36 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,455,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Hmm,well that take on the subject is different then that held by many religious leaders in the early days of this country,I'm not sure about other areas of the world.I don't believe that God cares about or uses skin color as a curse either so on that we can agree.

Speaking of cain,I know the book of enoch says that cain settled down and married his sister and had a number of children with her.I have read quotes from you from 'enoch' and I was wondering if you think God approved of his incestious marriage to his sister as outlined in 'enoch' or am I misunderstanding something here.I just read another thread on here ,[men can grow horns],where a few are debating whether the book of enoch is false or should be considered scripture.Do you consider it to be true or partially true?I confess to haveing read only bits and pieces of it but find him marrying his sister to be a bit troubling,although I'm not sure where people who believe in all coming from adam and eve think the next generation could have come from without marrying their sister.Your thoughts?

You cannot excuse such doctrines of a book written by sinful men -and called "scriptures" by the religion founded by those men- by claiming the "beliefs" of any peers of those men were as "equally ignorant, blaspheming and sinful". -That just doesn't excuse one sinner by making a claim that "everybody else was doing it, too".

The Holy bible tells us that all human beings [the created Adam race] is one blood, one bone, one flesh, and one [created Adam] spirit. We are all "one Adam" race/kind, and have our beginning in the "one created Adam head" -from whom we have all come forth into our being, as the seed of the one Adam kind creation. -pre-exisitence of a soul before coming into its being by germination of an Adam seed is a blasphemous lie against the Creator; for the Bible is clear that we were all created in Adam, and came from the head of the race, as seed, passed down in the loins of the fathers, and passed on down by the "one Adam spirit of our kind", and we "flow down through the river of time" to come forth in our being, in our pre-appointed time [as Enoch and as other OT prophets and as Paul affirms, also, in the NT] by the multiplication of the created seed of the Adam creation, as commanded in the beginning of creation. Levi paid tithes in Abraham, states the author of Hebrews, for he was "yet in the loins of his [patriarchal] father [Abraham] when Abraham paid tithes to Melchezedek ="king of righteousness". He was the grandson of Abraham, but he was the seed to come, passed from Adam by the fathers through the loins of Abraham. There is no separate existence outside of the germination of the seed of an Adam. That is when their existence as a separate Adam person begins.

The OT tells us that the first female/ishyah Adam person [Genesis 5:2 says that the male and the female were called "Adam", by the Creator of them] was built from a rib bone taken from the male Adam ish/head of the race], so the ishyah/female Adam was a clone of the male ish/Adam, engineered by the Creator to be the "other half" of the male, making together, one complete Adam flesh creation.

This is why the male and female are "one flesh", because the ish/female Adam person was taken out of the male/ish Adam person.

So the male Adam was married to half of himself, a clone, so to speak.

marrying siblings was the only way God ordained for the Adam flesh race to multiply itself, as Malachi 2:15 also states, because YHWH "sought godly seed/sons of God", by the multiplication of the created "Adam" seed, which seed was created in the loins of the male ish in the beginning of creation and brought to germination and to full "fruiting" of an Adam seed, in the other half of the Adam head of the race, by sexual union.

As to siblings marrying for reproduction after several thousands of years of mutations downward [which are all bad, because of the corruption of the Adam race which entered at the fall], and which increase for the worse exponentially, over thousands of years, then that eventually became taboo, because of gene mutations downward, since the fall.
Abraham was married to a niece, biblically called a "sister", who was the daughter of Haran and the sister of Lot and Milcah, as the book of Jasher tells us -and Sarai is the same Iscah of Genesis 11.

Gen 11:29 And Abram and Nahor took them wives: the name of Abram's wife [was] Sarai; and the name of Nahor's wife, Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah. But the daughter of Jacob and Leah, Dinah, was taken as a wife by Simeon, also of Jacob and Leah, after her humiliation by shechem.

Jasher 45:2
And Eliuram the wife of Reuben conceived and bare him Hanoch, Palu, Chetzron and Carmi, four sons; and Simeon his brother took his sister Dinah for a wife, and she bare unto him Memuel, Yamin, Ohad, Jachin and Zochar, five sons.

Even in David's time, Tamar asked Amnon, her half sibling, to ask for her hand in marriage from David, their father, and she believed David would give her to him, but instead, he "looked upon her nakedness" -he raped her, and sent her away in humiliation.

2Sa 13:11 And when she had brought [them] unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.
2Sa 13:12 And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly. 2Sa 13:132Sa 13:14 Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her. 2Sa 13:15
And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee. ¶ Then Amnon hated her exceedingly; so that the hatred wherewith he hated her [was] greater than the love wherewith he had loved her. And Amnon said unto her, Arise, be gone.
2Sa 13:16 And she said unto him, [There is] no cause: this evil in sending me away [is] greater than the other that thou didst unto me. But he would not hearken unto her. 2Sa 13:17 Then he called his servant that ministered unto him, and said, Put now this [woman] out from me, and bolt the door after her.

I believe 1 Enoch [what is called Ethiopian Enoch, as there are many "false enoch" writings, but only the Ethiopian and DSS Enoch manuscripts are the true writings of Enoch] is sacred Scripture, given by revelation to Enoch, the prophet, and that he wrote it in parables, which parables are all understood as they are fulfilled -most are, but some are to come to fulfillment. Jesus called it "Scripture", in one place, and "the Wisdom of God", in antother, and he quoted from it numerous times, esp about Himself and His Gospel -as most of the NT writers also did, and as Jesus' womb brothers James and Judas/Jude did.
Many early NT writers also called 1 Enoch "Scripture", and it is called sacred Scripture by the Ethiopian Orthodox and Coptic Churches. Always has been "Scripture" without ever being discarded by the Ethiopians, who brought it with them into the NT Church at their conversion, early in the Church age.
There is nothing in 1 Enoch which contradicts the OT or NT, and rather makes them most clear, for the understanding of the doctrines laid out in 1 Enoch and never re-built again, in the OT or NT, on all the essentials of the One True Faith and One True God, the Creator of all things in heaven and in earth.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 01-18-2010 at 10:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity