Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,585,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is not true. Another statement made out of pure ignorance of what we believe.

People who die go to the grave and that's that. They must wait for the resurrection to meet their Maker and then be judged as to what they did. If I knew you personally, and didn't believe what I believe, I probably would commit suicide due to what you believe, since I would think: "Well, I'm going to hell anyway. May as well kill myself and as many people as I can."
Hey, that IS what they do.

It was a question, that's all. You are way to hung up on an eternal hell and have no scripture to back up your accusations or your feelings

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-22-2009 at 08:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 08:28 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
Quote:
It is the doctrine of demons called "Eternal Torment" which drives people to do the things they do thinking they are doing God a favor.

Here's how it goes:
Brother A believe God is going to eternally fry everyone that does not believe like he does.

Brother B believes God is eventually going to save all mankind.

Brother A thinks if people are swayed by Brother B that they will be fried by this God for eternity. So Brother A believes it is O.K. to destroy the good name of Brother B as long as it furthers Brother A's objective which is to save people from the eternal frying pan.

Why do you think Eternal Tormentists put poison in kool aide to murder their whole church? Or women who believe God is going to eternally fry people like Andrea Yates believed causes her to drown her own children? It is this doctrine of demons which pushes people to be twice the sons of Satan.
Had to quote this because it is the truth.

The despicable lie of ET has been the most damaging darkness that has been spread on this earth. It is the EPITOME of darkness. The ABSOLUTE EPITOME.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Had to quote this because it is the truth.

The despicable lie of ET has been the most damaging darkness that has been spread on this earth. It is the EPITOME of darkness. The ABSOLUTE EPITOME.
Sparrow my friend. What verse is that from? because I can think of much worse things based on scripture.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:50 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Sparrow my friend. What verse is that from? because I can think of much worse things based on scripture.
What verse is what YOU just said from? I'm not sure why you think that every word out of a person's mouth has to be in the form of a verse?
Did you yourself not argue just a little while ago that God gave us a Conscience so that we would know right from wrong?

Hmmm. I believe that God is who HE says He is:

Isaiah 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him

Isaiah 45:22 "Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other. 23 "I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow,
every tongue will swear allegiance.

and that He is doing what He said he is doing. He is the saviour of ALL mankind.

If someone comes along and says that God is going to torture part or most of mankind for eternity... than YES, THAT LIE is the EPITOME of darkness. They are attributing EVIL to God.

God is love.
Perfect love casts out all fear.

peace.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:10 AM

[quote=.sparrow.;8931492]
Quote:
What verse is what YOU just said from? I'm not sure why you think that every word out of a person's mouth has to be in the form of a verse?

Yes! my friend
. It doesn't always have to be in the form of a verse but it should be supported by scripture RIGHTLY because if it claims to be based on the word and it is not supported in scripture, It is not of God

Quote:
Did you yourself not argue just a little while ago that God gave us a Conscience so that we would know right from wrong?

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts."—(Hebrews 8:10)

Quote:

Isaiah 40:28 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him

And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow,
every tongue will swear allegiance.

and that He is doing what He said he is doing. He is the saviour of ALL mankind.

If someone comes along and says that God is going to torture part or most of mankind for eternity... than YES, THAT LIE is the EPITOME of darkness. They are attributing EVIL to God.

God is love.
Perfect love casts out all fear.

peace.

Bible says nothing about "torture", shouldn't add words to what we say, now you can use "torment"
furthermore those verses you placed does not support your statement, and I quote: "The despicable lie of ET has been the most damaging darkness that has been spread on this earth. It is the EPITOME of darkness. The ABSOLUTE EPITOME"

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-22-2009 at 09:21 AM..

Old 05-22-2009, 09:43 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,001,476 times
[quote=Fundamentalist;8931827]
Quote:
Yes! my friend. It doesn't always have to be in the form of a verse but it should be supported by scripture RIGHTLY because if it claims to be based on the word and it is not supported in scripture, It is not of God

"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts."—(Hebrews 8:10)

Bible says nothing about "torture", shouldn't add words to what we say, now you can use "torment" furthermore those verses you placed does not support your statement, and I quote: "The despicable lie of ET has been the most damaging darkness that has been spread on this earth. It is the EPITOME of darkness. The ABSOLUTE EPITOME"

Where is the verse that says people go to hell forever because they did not believe in Jesus?

Remember, the verse has to say they go to hell forever because they did not believe in Jesus.

Well? Where is it Fundy?

Old 05-22-2009, 09:47 AM

[quote=Eusebius;8932337]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

Where is the verse that says people go to hell forever because they did not believe in Jesus?

Remember, the verse has to say they go to hell forever because they did not believe in Jesus.

Well? Where is it Fundy?
The bible nor I ever said that. We go to hell because we broke God's Laws.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-22-2009 at 10:16 AM..

Old 05-22-2009, 10:19 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,393,078 times
Quote:

If that is the God you believe in, perhaps you should catch up with what He has told us. While he kept things secret at one time, as a part of His eternal plan He has decided to reveal His secrets were you only willing to listen to His Word.

1 Corinthians 2 (New International Version)

1 Corinthians 2

1When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power. Wisdom From the Spirit

6We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"
— 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
16"For who has known the mind of the Lord
that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.

You realize those questions and answers in 1 Corinthians 2 are a direct response to Isaiah 40 (Isaiah 40:13), right?

Old 05-22-2009, 06:11 PM

14,911 posts, read 17,223,400 times
Quote:

And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

Amen.

Quote:
We go to hell because we broke God's Laws.

Where do the scriptures say this? Everlasting hell? God knew that we would break His laws when He created us. If He knew this, then this must have been part of His plan. God bless.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:18 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,001,476 times
[quote=Fundamentalist;8932399]
Quote:

The bible nor I ever said that. We go to hell because we broke God's Laws.
Where is the Bible verse that says "we go to hell because we broke God's laws?"

Remember the Bible verse has to say: "We go to hell becauae we broke God's laws."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity