Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 12:24 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times

Advertisements

This is continued from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Hi Fundy.... hope you don't mind me interjecting my 2 cents...

Exodus 4:21 ...but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.

harden his heart = doing something.
not let the people go = sin.

So God did something so that pharoah would sin.

Does that remove pharoah from responsiblily for his sin? Not in the least because when God hardened pharoah's heart, pharoah also hardened his own heart (see Exodus 9:34-10:1). The two hardenings of his heart (God's and pharoah's) are not mutually exclusive or alternating events. Every time God hardened pharoah's heart, pharoah's will and ability to choose were in complete and normal operation. God did not remove pharoah's capacity to choose nor force pharoah to sin. God simply created the circumstances under which God foreknew that pharoah's evil heart would be exposed and pharoah would chose to do that which God intended. God's purpose in doing so was not to increase sin, but to show His might and glory in freeing His people.

Whether what I have decribed falls under what you mean by "generating sin" I do not know for sure. To me it does not.

Similar passages.

God moved David to number Israel which was sin. (2 Samual 2:41)
God raised up evil against David for killing Uriah, which evil was sin. (2 Samual 12:11)

So I believe there are examples of God intending for sin to occur.

Blessings,
Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 12:26 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
No problem. I believe God hardens our heart as a judgment, to turn us over so to speak so we can finally see the utter futility of our lives without Him-showing to us, nothing good can happen to us without Him so we can fulfil His revealed will; for all to be saved. Some of us have to hit rock bottom before we can see the light. So to answer this thread. I say, no.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 05-23-2009 at 12:54 PM..

Old 05-23-2009, 12:37 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,105,229 times
Does God generate or escalate sin inside a person?

The answer is "no"

God is without sin, and sin has no place in him nor in his plans for us.

Remember the natural state of all mankind is to be in a state of sin and death.
The only way a person gets out of the pain of sin is for God to act and bring them out.

God does what he wants.
He acts where and when he wants.
The Spirit is like the wind that we can not see but can only see the effects it has on other things.
If the wind does not blow, or if the Spirit does not move then the thing or the person is left unchanged.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:00 PM

11 posts, read 28,783 times
I believe yes ..Just from my own experience. If God would've answered my prayers as a young child I would have been far better off when it comes to controlling sin. When I was young I prayed for a brother or sister cuz I was the only child and my parents argued all the time. That prayer was never answered. When I was 15 I prayed that the 1st female I fell for would be my everlasting cuz I did'nt want to end up chasing and whoring around. That prayer was never answered. Today I'm 56 and have spent my entire life alone and have stuggled to the upmost trying to control sin because of being alone with no companion or comfort.

I still can't believe God did this to me... talk about sin! I've cursed God with the worst words ever over and over again because of my situation. From the age of 22 when I was the last of my friends to lose my virginity because of enormous pressure from ppl to the age of 32 I ended up whoring and going to strip bars cuz He did not answer my prayers.

Since then I prayed and prayed along with going to church and helping the poor very generously .... He never answered. I stopped praying for a wife in my early 40's. I curse Him all the time, I can't help it. And when it comes to sexual urges and all that garbage that comes it from being alone, I get totally furious at God and anything that is holy.. I can't help it!

I try to submit to just take it like a man and do God's will...but I feel so ripped off when I see so many others with families and companionship when I know they never prayed for it, it was freely given to them, and the guy who prays for something so simple is turned away and scorned by God...that is a rippoff!! A BIGTIME RIPPOFF!

All the cursing and most of all the sinning that I've done and continue to do is all because God never answered my prayers! He forced me into this **** situation and I've sinned because of it.

Here's a few more versus where God forces ppl to sin.

Judges 9:[23] Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

2 Samual .12:11] Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.
[12] For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun.

In both cases God is making them sin even more because of the sins that ticked Him off ...even forcing fornication!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:20 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This is continued from another thread.
Jehovah NEVER intended sin and evil to come into humans life. to say that then is to say, he never meant for mankind to live forever, which he did. Many wants so badly to blame the God of Israel for everything gone wrong in our lives,(Pro.19:3- The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD), for something either satan had to do with, Or our own wicked traits. Those who know Jehovah God, understood why he allow certain things that may seem evil, happen to even his servants. He used the pharaoh because he looked into his heart. And knew he wasn’t as kind of king as his father was. Jehovah God knew this king was all about himself. He also knew satan had control of this king, this is why he was so against Jehovah’s people. If one is saying, Jehovah God takes one who’s trying to do right by him. And make him do wrong, that just what satan wants us to believe. Because Jehovah doesn’t do that. But IF we refuse to follow his rules or believe the truth, he will HELP us to believe what we want to believe regardless ,(2Thess.2:10-12, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness). peace

Old 06-20-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Does God generate or escalate sin inside a person?

The answer is "no"

God is without sin, and sin has no place in him nor in his plans for us.

Remember the natural state of all mankind is to be in a state of sin and death.
The only way a person gets out of the pain of sin is for God to act and bring them out.

God does what he wants.
He acts where and when he wants.
The Spirit is like the wind that we can not see but can only see the effects it has on other things.
If the wind does not blow, or if the Spirit does not move then the thing or the person is left unchanged.
amen!

Old 06-20-2012, 11:15 AM

Jehovah isn’t to blame for your parents arguments, with the help of satan. your parents had to learn they were to become one. Which also meant learning to sit and communicate instead of yelling. They needed to have God’s HS, they obviously didn’t have it. Maybe because they wasn’t trying to allow God to help lead them. Also you were a kid then, kids doesn’t understand Jehovah God answer us when he feel it’s time. Or IF he feels there a good reason to do so. As I child, I went through a lot, but I don’t blame God for that. I’m 51 now, and I know better, it wouldn’t make sense to hold on to what I thought as a child, I’ve grown up since then. I’ve been along for 20 years. Personally, I don’t have the brain power to wonder…where’s my husband? It’s just me, all I have to worry about is me! One can’t focus on ourselves, (being selfish), and not focus on trying to do the will of Jesus Father first!…(Matt.12:50-For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother).

Jesus nor his Followers focus on themselves. Yet Jehovah God made sure all they needed, they had. As imperfect humans, we want what we want, when we want it. It doesn’t work that way with God. Just because the one you fell for, didn’t fall for you. Didn’t mean you’ll have to go out whoring around” that would be on you, because it’s you who’s focusing on what you wanted. As always many blame God for the hurtful things they do to themselves ,(Pro.19:3- The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD). You blame God because you let others influenced you in the worst way? You blame God because others living fowl, made you feel bad about being a virgin?, And not being a fornicator? It seems to me, you need to put yourself in check, before you go trying to check God. You were 22 not 10, you didn’t have to go to ANY strip bar seeking a female. You did it because you care what others said. Place that blame on yourself, not God.

You’re NOT the only one on earth who’s had urges. For the many who had those fight, focus on trying to please God, and asking for help, it does work. You said you’re trying to do God’s will, but how are you when you say you cursed him? As long as satan has you hating “god” ,(and he doesn’t care even if you meant Jesus, or a no- name god), you will Not be able to do the will of Jesus Father, (Jehovah God,), or even follow Jesus. Because you're too stuck on selfishness. Sorry, but you’re acting like a spoil brat. Stop!…blaming God for YOUR willful sinning. You’re doing it because you want to! I can go out and fornicate, become whorish if I wanted to, but I don’t!, because i don't want to, it’s my choice. Jehovah God wouldn’t MAKE me do something he’s against. Sadly you like many takes God’s words, (which you don’t really understand the depths), just to make it fit what you want it to.

Now try showing some scriptures where God says he’s with or about us? Here’s a few…
1.1John 4:8-He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

2.Deut.32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

3.Isa.41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

4.1Cor.14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace

5.1Pet.3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

6.Psa.119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path

7.1Pet.5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

There’s more, if we are not getting answers from God. We need to check ourselves, it might be something we’re doing wrong against him. You already show much hatred towards a God you really don’t know. So how do you expect him to even hear you? Until you come out of this,…it’s all about me, you’ll continue to say and feel just what satan wants ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. either way,I wish you the best, peace

Old 06-20-2012, 11:48 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
No I do not believe so. The commandment which is good, that was given to man in his state of alienation from God in his mind causes it to escalate .

Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! But in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it produced death in me through what was good, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful. Romans 7:13

Old 06-20-2012, 12:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Exodus 20:5
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God,
punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

God does to those who refuse to love the truth.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Romans 5:20
The law was added so that the trespass might increase.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie
and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Exodus 20:5
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God,
punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

God does to those who refuse to love the truth.
I see you are still in the separation business instead of the reconciliation business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity