Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 AM

373 posts, read 256,880 times

Advertisements

You are by Darlene and Ron Kenoly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 12:18 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
"I can only Imagine" performed by anyone. It not the music but the words.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:06 PM

3 posts, read 3,366 times
Default New Song Message for Easter

Hi Folks
I am a full time minister in the Uniting Church in Australia and I often write song material to add to my sermons. It was my spiritual renewal through music that began my path into ministry over twenty years ago and I have found that God has never failed to use me when I finally decided I should widen the circle of the sharing of God's Gifts with others. Coincidentally I lived in Louisville when I was quite young and my father was at Southern Baptist Seminary. Foreign missions followed for our family, and this wider global vision of God's action in the world led me to Australia in 1986.
I also spend much of my ministry time writing contemporary words to well know hymn tunes - a skill I developed while training and working as a registered [Board Certified] music therapist here in Australia.

I am currently the Uniting Church in Australia representative for the National Ecumenical Church Music Committee.

This song is one of hundreds I have written in the past twenty years, and has been kicking around in one form or another since 2003, and I just finished it last week following the death of my mother's sister.
Due to my low voice I often tune down two semitones to enable me to use cowboy chords - most people with normal voices will find this sounds better in a higher key - the chorus sections will also benefit from some high harmonies.

If you wish to use this in worship please log on to CCLI and get the words from them. Feedback will be appreciated, as I am planning to up load 15-20 of my better songs over the next few weeks. Subscriptions are welcome [free]

It would be great to see how others approach the use of this song or if you have scope /need for collaboration to help with your musical needs.

Peace in Christ this Easter Season
Nicholas Randall [Rev]

YouTube - Hold Your Face up to the Light

Old 03-21-2010, 09:55 PM

692 posts, read 1,731,986 times
Simple and beautiful.

He Won't Fail - Marvin Sapp

YouTube - Marvin Sapp - He Won't Fail (I Love this Song)

Verse 1:
(When you pray), let Him have His way.
(In your moment of prayer), let Him have His way.
(In your private time), let Him have His way; He won't fail.

Verse 2:
(When He's working on you), let Him have His way.
(When He's dealing with you), let Him have His way.
(When He's speaking to you), let Him have His way; He won't fail.

Chorus:
He won't fail, He won't fail,
my God won't ever fail.

Verse 3:
(When He calls on you), let Him have His way.
(When He's reaching out for you), let Him have His way.
(When His presence is here), let Him have His way; He won't fail.

Chorus

Vamp:
He won't fail,
my God won't ever fail.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:59 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,753 times

YouTube - Edwin Hawkins Singers - Oh Happy Day 1969

Old 03-21-2010, 10:02 PM

He Saw The Best In Me.

YouTube - Marvin Sapp - The Best In Me

Old 03-21-2010, 10:03 PM

I love Oh Happy Day! Walter Hawkins writes beautiful songs.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:46 PM

373 posts, read 256,880 times

YouTube - BEAUTIFUL DAY.flv

Beautiful day by Debbie kuks. She is a dear friend and an upcoming artist. If you want it, it's on Itunes for $.99. Enjoy.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:36 AM

3 posts, read 3,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrand View Post
Hi Folks

It would be great to see how others approach the use of this song or if you have scope /need for collaboration to help with your musical needs.

Peace in Christ this Easter Season
Nicholas Randall [Rev]

YouTube - Hold Your Face up to the Light
In case you prefer electric guitar, here it is again with my G&L and in G - a bit too high for my voice but the key will suit most singers. The guitar is straight into my Fender Super Twin [valve amp] with no effects. The chords I use are G D C Em and Bm. I hope this helps.

YouTube - Hold Your Face Up To The Light - Electric guitar guide

Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times

YouTube - Captured Darlene Zschech Change Your World
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity