Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:06 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,576,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Let me take a shot at that question...

Yes.

(Wow, turns out I didnt have a hard time answering that question at all )
trying to get a yes or no answer from most universalist is like pulling teeth and proves my point that their doctrine is not truth. How can you have truth if one can't give a yes or no. Fundie, do you like blue? I like blue if it is the blue from the sky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 11:07 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Now, please show where I deconstrued anyone's question.
that conversation is taking up a lot of bandwith with little to show for the effort.

I tire of some people here going on and on about that they may have or may have not done on a forum 4 or more pages back in the topic history.

Perhaps a better idea would be to just answer the question and go on from there?
Or just ask a new question now...

Old 06-07-2009, 11:08 AM

14,898 posts, read 17,188,625 times
And trying to get Fundy to show where I deconstructed his question is like pulling teeth and shows me something about him. Making this statement about what I've done is not true.

Quote:
I tire of some people here going on and on about that they may have or may have not done on a forum 4 or more pages back in the topic history.
No one is forced to read the thread, alanMostad. Thanks and God bless.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Perhaps a better idea would be to just answer the question and go on from there?
I did already, but Fundy doesn't like my answer or won't accept it. But be that as it may, carry on! God bless.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Jesus being the Savior of All is not a doctrine it's the good news . God sending unbelievers to hell is a doctrine and is not good news.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
And trying to get Fundy to show where I deconstructed his question is like pulling teeth and shows me something about him. God bless.
You deconstructed by saying there are Christians more loving by believing in a scripture they mistranslated in the bible, as if these Christians believe it and accept it because it is in the bible ONLY; that we are more loving but out of ignorance. You totally changed the spirit of the question.

Moderator cut: cross posting

Last edited by june 7th; 06-08-2009 at 09:13 PM..

Old 06-07-2009, 11:19 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,350,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
so I asked again can a Christian to be more loving than you and also accept that God is just in creating an eternal hell?
God did not create an "eternal hell"! He most certainly did not!

Quote:
To say on the authority of the Bible that God does a thing no honourable man would do, is to lie against God; to say that it is therefore right, is to lie against the very spirit of God. To uphold a lie for God's sake is to be against God, not for him. God cannot be lied for. He is the truth. The truth alone is on his side. While his child could not see the rectitude of a thing, he would infinitely rather, even if the thing were right, have him say, God could not do that thing, than have him believe that he did it. If the man were sure God did it, the thing he ought to say would be, 'Then there must be something about it I do not know, which if I did know, I should see the thing quite differently.' But where an evil thing is invented to explain and account for a good thing, and a lover of God is called upon to believe the invention or be cast out, he needs not mind being cast out, for it is into the company of Jesus. Where there is no ground to believe that God does a thing except that men who would explain God have believed and taught it, he is not a true man who accepts men against his own conscience of God. I acknowledge no authority calling upon me to believe a thing of God, which I could not be a man and believe right in my fellow-man. I will accept no explanation of any way of God which explanation involves what I should scorn as false and unfair in a man. If you say, That may be right of God to do which it would not be right of man to do, I answer, Yes, because the relation of the maker to his creatures is very different from the relation of one of those creatures to another, and he has therefore duties toward his creatures requiring of him what no man would have the right to do to his fellow-man; but he can have no duty that is not both just and merciful. More is required of the maker, by his own act of creation, than can be required of men. More and higher justice and righteousness is required of him by himself, the Truth;--greater nobleness, more penetrating sympathy; and nothing but what, if an honest man understood it, he would say was right. -George MacDonald-

Old 06-07-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
You deconstructed by saying there are Christians more loving by believing in a scripture they mistranslated in the bible, as if these people believe it and accept it because it is in the bible ONLY; that we are more loving out of ignorance. You totally changed the spirit of the question.

?

I am not undestanding this what you are asking, evidently.

You said:

Quote:
You make an absolute statement that we follow men who "claimed" to be Christian and rejoiced in watch God torment people yet somehow.....

Do you believe Christians more loving than you could believe in the doctrine of an eternal hell?
(Post #28)

I stated:

I believe that they can, due to what they may see in the incorrect translations of some scriptures, but as you shared, many do not want to believe it or accept it. Many are tormented and are in fear.

You:
Quote:
I personally do not understand nor like the eternal hell doctrine but who am I to question or judge God because I see it in scripture and I trust God is good and does everything for my good and His glory and if I am like this then there are many like me who do not comprehend the concept of an eternal hell either and would want it struck and never to be uttered again from our holy, loving letter; the bible.

Then you stated that this was not the question in the very next post #29 (,NO, that is not the question. (LOL) Do you believe that Christians more loving than you can also believe that God is just for creating an eternal hell?)

when this was the question in post # 28. Did you look at post #28. I know that my eyesight is bad, but not that bad!!

I believe that people who are more loving than me, can believe anything, Fundy. People can believe anything. If they believe that God is just for creating eternal hell, then they believe it. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-07-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 06-07-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy_56 View Post
God did not create an "eternal hell"! He most certainly did not!
I give up! just want a yes or no, it's like talking to politicians

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,350,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I give up! just want a yes or no, it's like talking to politicians
Sure you want a yes or no. I have a few questions for you that only require a yes or no. Would you like to participate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity