Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 08:48 AM

14,885 posts, read 17,167,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Romans 8:18-22
18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope*21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

*hope=elpis=expectation

Thank you for sharing. God bless.
Quote:
Did not know the devil and demons were "children of God"?

I did not say that there are, Fundamentalists. Whenever I share that God's intention is to restore all mankind to Himself, another poster continues to post this post.
Quote:

There is no salvation for the devil and his seed and angels..no reconciliation..but Jesus will say this to them:

The poster believes that the seed refers to the nonelect, and I believe that you are aware of this. I believe that Jesus died for all men, including the nonelect and that God did not purposely created people to burn in an eternal or everlasting hell with no opportunity to salvation. My reference is to mankind and this is what I am addressing. I do believe, however, that with God all things are possible and that He is able to overcome evil with good, to bring about change. He reigns. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 08:49 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

I did not say that there are, Fundamentalists. Whenever I share that God's intention is to restore all mankind to Himself, another poster continues to post this post. My reference is to mankind and this is what I am addressing. I do believe, however, that with God all things are possible and that he is about to overcome evil with good, to bring about change. He reigns. God bless.
Well you were using a verse dealing with the "children of God"

Old 06-30-2009, 08:51 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
The Divine election of certain individuals was made by and through Jesus christ, as He was the head in whom all the elect were chosen, hence the very fact that scripture sets forth christ as being chosen, automatically means the choosing of all his memebrs, of which he was the head...

And NO, the devil and his children [seed] were not included in the headship of Jesus christ, but Gods children only..
I think if you had the truth Beloved, you would be able to answer the question as to which seed was going to be punished with God's vengence in Deuteronomy 32:32.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Well you were using a verse dealing with the "children of God"

Please reread my posts in 259 and 263. Thank you. God bless.

Original post being addressed:

those who wish to understand God's predestination, consider this:

Read Eph 1:11. What were they predestined for? They were predestined according to God's purpose.

What is God's purpose? It tells us in Eph 1:10. To unify all things and bring the under one head consummated in Christ. Here it is in the Amplified:
Eph 1:9 Making known to us the mystery (secret) of His will (of His plan, of His purpose). [And it is this:] In accordance with His good pleasure (His merciful intention) which He had previously purposed and set forth in [a]Him,
10 [He planned] for the maturity of the times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, [both] things in heaven and things on the earth.

That is what the elect have been predestined for. Christ will work through the elect to bring all things (including the non-elect) together.

b57, you seem to miss verse 9 and 10

Shana's post

Yes this is affirmed in Romans 8.

18. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.19. For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope*21. that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.22. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

*hope=elpis=expectation

Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Please reread my posts in 259 and 263. Thank you. God bless.

Original post being addressed:

those who wish to understand God's predestination, consider this:

Read Eph 1:11. What were they predestined for? They were predestined according to God's purpose.

What is God's purpose? It tells us in Eph 1:10. To unify all things and bring the under one head consummated in Christ. Here it is in the Amplified:
Eph 1:9 Making known to us the mystery (secret) of His will (of His plan, of His purpose). [And it is this:] In accordance with His good pleasure (His merciful intention) which He had previously purposed and set forth in [a]Him,
10 [He planned] for the maturity of the times and the climax of the ages to unify all things and head them up and consummate them in Christ, [both] things in heaven and things on the earth.

That is what the elect have been predestined for. Christ will work through the elect to bring all things (including the non-elect) together.

b57, you seem to miss verse 9 and 10

Shana's post

Yes this is affirmed in Romans 8.

*hope=elpis=expectation

I am talking about your last post dealing with that verse.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:01 AM

What last post? This is what I was referring to. The creation is to be delivered as presented in the scriptures.

*hope=elpis=expectation

God bless.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:08 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,335,353 times
Revelation 4:11

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things (or "the whole" Gr. ta panta), and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Ezekiel 33:11

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, therefore He would not create any being for everlasting dying.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
God has no pleasure in the death of the wicked, therefore He would not create any being for everlasting dying.
Amen. God bless.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:50 AM

7,997 posts, read 12,277,938 times
Good morning/afternoon, folks!

The PERSONAL ATTACKS on one another have to stop, otherwise, you know the drill:

June will be having to say what June hates to have to say, and doling out what June would truly rather not have to dole out. --Your choice! (Meaning everyones!)

"Cabish!?"

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2009, 09:57 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,132,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
No He brings salvation to all elect people..for thats whom paul is addressing from titus 1:

Titus 1

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
Here you are twisting the words of God again. If Paul had meant the elect in Titus 2:11, He would have said elect, just like he did in verse 1:1. Lets see what He really said:

Titus 2:11
[NIV] For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

[Amplified] For the grace of God (His unmerited favor and blessing) has come forward (appeared) for the deliverance from sin and the eternal salvation for all mankind.

[CEV] God has shown us how kind he is by coming to save all people.

There it is in three versions. Quite clear. All mankind will be delivered from sin. God will save all people. This is the truth, you cannot bend and twist it into your own doctrine.

Quote:
Gods grace doesnt bring salvation to the devil and his children..for they will hear these dreadful words matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Your taking scriptures out of context to promote a false teaching isnt going to work with me..
Why do you think Matt 25:41 proves "eternal" torment? I already debunked this here. Yet you keep posting Matt 25:41, as if it proves something.

You know what is interesting about Matt 25:41? It doesn't specify how long people are thrown into the everlasting fire for. All we know is they are thrown in there, but not what happens next. This verse does not prove eternal punishment at all. And that's not even getting into the translation issues with "everlasting". (Its really the word "eonian").

Furthermore, Matt 25 is speaking about a judgment for works. But salvation is not based on works. So this judgment described here has nothing to do with salvation! LOL who is taking scriptures out of context here? Matt 25:41 has nothing to do with salvation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity