Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:26 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,763,552 times

Advertisements

IF the devil did come around and repent of his evil works at the end of time ... And if it was up to you, would you forgive him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 07:40 PM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
In a heartbeat. and I would love him and be exceedingly glad that he finally came to the knowledge of truth. That he finally understands that LOVE is the MOST powerful thing in this Universe, for GOD is LOVE. And that NOTHING can keep us from the love of God.
Nothing.

Why do I feel this way? Because God put that kind of love into my heart.
It's all because of Him.

Love NEVER fails.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

peace,
sparrow

Old 06-27-2009, 10:46 PM

I guess i'm not surprised that this question would go unanswered for the most part.

So would I .sparrow.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:51 AM

14,886 posts, read 17,167,331 times
Quote:
In a heartbeat. and I would love him and be exceedingly glad that he finally came to the knowledge of truth. That he finally understands that LOVE is the MOST powerful thing in this Universe, for GOD is LOVE. And that NOTHING can keep us from the love of God.
Nothing.

Why do I feel this way? Because God put that kind of love into my heart.
It's all because of Him.

Love NEVER fails.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.

My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
Agree. Good overcomes evil. God bless.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:37 AM

106 posts, read 136,087 times
I would!

Old 06-28-2009, 01:44 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I guess i'm not surprised that this question would go unanswered for the most part.
I don`t think any of us are surprised. Just like my question on another thread, about having a child if you knew it was going to suffer. They avoid it like the plague. Eventhough a few of them love to ask hypothetical questions, they don`t like to answer them.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
I don`t think any of us are surprised. Just like my question on another thread, about having a child if you knew it was going to suffer. They avoid it like the plague. Eventhough a few of them love to ask hypothetical questions, they don`t like to answer them.
I like to ask the same question as well, along the lines of having a child that would suffer. I go so far as to ask, essentially, "If you had the chance to have a child, and you could see its future, and you knew it would end up in Hell, would you still have that child?"

I actually had one friend which said that, yes, he would have the child. (He was trying to uphold his doctrine.)

I've also asked my brother and my best friend. I told them to put all previous religious/doctrinal views aside, and I got a "no" from each. Funny how doctrine seems to warp love, as opposed to love warping doctrine.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:16 AM

43 posts, read 146,870 times
Too early for me to tell. Ask me after the millinium, when the question may be more valid. I read a book about angels written by Billy Graham where he proposes just such a possibility.

Old 06-28-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneekarts View Post
Too early for me to tell. Ask me after the millinium, when the question may be more valid. I read a book about angels written by Billy Graham where he proposes just such a possibility.

Its a very valid question.

"Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"

Will we judge in the manner which we have been judged? Indeed, we shall be judged in the manner we judge ...

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

Careful Christians ... Is not our calling of grace? If we are called unto grace, whereby should we call unto others if not of grace? Should we condemn them for those things for which we have been pardoned? What is the manner of our election if it is not according to the ministry of reconciliation?

Old 06-28-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Its a very valid question.

"Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"

Will we judge in the manner which we have been judged? Indeed, we shall be judged in the manner we judge ...

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

Careful Christians ... Is not our calling of grace? If we are called unto grace, whereby should we call unto others if not of grace? Should we condemn them for those things for which we have been pardoned? What is the manner of our election if it is not according to the ministry of reconciliation?
You know what I find interesting in relation to Christians judging angels and/or man? I've heard of those that have had Near-Death-Experiences and as they had their "life review" with "a being of light" there was another crowd of beings that would watch as the man's life was was reviewed. Whenever the man would become depressed with the mistakes he committed in his life (that he saw as he watched his review), the crowd around him would encourage him and tell him that all people make mistakes, etc. Would it not be interesting if it was believers judging this man? After all, if I die and am made perfect in God's love, I can't think of a single person I would judge to eternal punishment or annihilation.

God bless man, He IS love!

BTW: I don't necessarily hold to the validity of most near-death-experiences, but I find them an interesting subject nonetheless, worthy of discussion at least for the entertainment value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity