Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

1) Why are you on here debating and arguing about the doctrine of eternal torment , when there's millions going there . Shouldn't you be out there witnessing to the lost and snatching them out the fire ?.Where is the love of God in watching countless millions going to hell.
You do not need to be skilled in shouting to someone your house is on fire and if you do not get out your going to burn.

2) If your justification is "well we are telling people on here" , well where are your gospel posts on here proclaiming Jesus ?

3)Why do you never share on here the good news ? . It is always God only loves a few or God is against sin and the sinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 08:17 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,892 times
All good points, pcamps. In what certainly appears to be the last days, we indeed should be reaching out to those who are lost and spreading the good news of Jesus.

The message of Jesus is of love and salvation, it shouldn't be a doom and gloom "you're going to burn in hell if you reject Him" speech. Hell is seperation from God and it will be miserable. What's sad is some christians actually deter unsaved people by their self-righteous attitudes. We are no better than anyone else. God sent his son to save everyone who accepts him. I, as a christian, am no better than anyone reading this. I was merely fortunate enough to make a good decision (with assistance from people who cared) that changed me forever.

As far as the last comment, God hates sin, not the sinner. The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). God gave us the perfect alternative (or gift as the verse reads), his Son, to defeat death. The emphasis on this verse, and the bible, is not of a scare tactic but of His gift of salvation. It's there for the taking.

Thanks, pcamps, for hopefully lighting a fire under some of us to reach out to those in need.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
1) Why are you on here debating and arguing about the doctrine of eternal torment , when there's millions going there . Shouldn't you be out there witnessing to the lost and snatching them out the fire ?.Where is the love of God in watching countless millions going to hell.
You do not need to be skilled in shouting to someone your house is on fire and if you do not get out your going to burn.

2) If your justification is "well we are telling people on here" , well where are your gospel posts on here proclaiming Jesus ?

3)Why do you never share on here the good news ? . It is always God only loves a few or God is against sin and the sinner.

They are trying to figure out how to not go there themselves.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:26 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
1. Someone has to post the truth that hell is eternal.
2. Posted it already.
3. Never said God loves only a few because that is not true, He loves everyone, He died for everyone. God hates sin, but He loves the sinner, which we all are.

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 06-29-2009 at 09:02 PM..

Old 06-29-2009, 08:56 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,998 times
Quote:

1. who said we are only on here? Many of us have real live lives...ones in which we work, raise children, have families. Some of us have talked to thousands of people outside of this forum...
2. no justification needed here. You must be a person who only spreads His word here to think that all others are this way.
3. God loves everyone...he wants us all to go to heaven...but it is our choice...he comes to all...but only a few choose the one way there is to enter heaven. I share this quite frequently...yet, it is only believed by a few....God loves everyone! Let Him in.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 PM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
1. who said we are only on here? Many of us have real live lives...ones in which we work, raise children, have families. Some of us have talked to thousands of people outside of this forum...
2. no justification needed here. You must be a person who only spreads His word here to think that all others are this way.
3. God loves everyone...he wants us all to go to heaven...but it is our choice...he comes to all...but only a few choose the one way there is to enter heaven. I share this quite frequently...yet, it is only believed by a few....God loves everyone! Let Him in.
Great answers!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times
Quote:

The best way to answer these questions, IMO,........is while standing in front of a mirror. Truth will find a way.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:32 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Not meaning to hijack this thread but I had to ask somewhere:

ILNC, how on earth did you get your reputation level up to 12,171????

I've been slaving here for over a month just to get it to 33. Doing the math I will be 98 before I arrive at this magnanimous honor.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:36 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
Quote:

#1 everyday my life is a witness to the love of Christ and sharing with other's the beautiful gift of salvation through Him!! Never do I tell people they're going to hell!

#2 Well if you can not figure out the post that are proclaiming Jesus to the world, I don't know what to say....And just like sherry said, not all of us sit all day on a computer posting and debating, arguing, who has it or not!
Many have real lives that Christ has given us to be good stewards of!!

#3 Never once have I read a post of what you call a ET Christian proclaiming that God only loves a few people... it seems your the one and a few other's keep projecting this onto other lives......
And I have read many beautiful post through some pretty awesome Christians posting the good news of Jesus Christ...
Sorry you miss them! Maybe one needs to quite focusing so much about hell, then they could see the post of other's who love Jesus with all the hearts and that wants the world to know Him too!!

God's plan for you...
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Who has sinned...
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Rom. 3:23)

The penalty for sin...
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is etenal life." (Rom.6:23)

Can I be saved....
"That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved" (Rom. 10:9-10)

What happens.....
"Hear I am! Standing at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me." (Rev. 3:20)

Blessings

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 06-30-2009 at 06:00 AM..

Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:
Two fold question. I didn't till you arrived? there were universalists here before you till the threads started coming out that we drown our children in bathtubs furthermore I do witness to people especially on the internet.

Quote:
Again they were here before you arrived undermining our gospel; telling us we are disobeying God, that we are self righteous and we really hate everybody and want to see people go to hell.

Quote:
3)Why do you never share on here the good news ? . It is always God only loves a few or God is against sin and the sinner
Your kidding right. Remember our "carnal" gospel is not as loving as your gospel

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 06-30-2009 at 07:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity