Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,568,894 times

Advertisements

I wish to appologize for using the term: "hate groups" in my last thread. It was not a nice term, and it would have been much kinder for me to say "the misled", because that is what I really believe they are.

Moderator cut: Better addressed/taken up via DM

I mean well in my efforts to bring forth the word of God, but I guess I am not too tactful about it.

I pray that God will raise up someone who is better with words than I, to continue my efforts.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-02-2009 at 09:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM

11,944 posts, read 3,774,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
I wish to appologize for using the term: "hate groups" in my last thread. It was not a nice term, and it would have been much kinder for me to say "the misled", because that is what I really believe they are.

I am okay with the locking of the thread, and wish the other one that I recently started would be locked, or...better yet, deleted. I requested for it to be deleted, but nothing has happened.....

I mean well in my efforts to bring forth the word of God, but I guess I am not too tactful about it.

I pray that God will raise up someone who is better with words than I, to continue my efforts.
Towhee,

now where is that hug emot {hug}

I would like to apologise to you as well ......... we all have things to learn including how to word things so that we get our message across in love.

Humans are very good at reading between the lines and making assumptions as to what we think someone else is saying and then over react.

It seems to me that as well as trying to tell everyone what the word of God says,, we all need to be open to what the Spirit of God would like to teach us.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 PM

11,944 posts, read 3,774,194 times
Towhee

We are told by Jesus to remove the beam from our own eye first, then remove the mote from our brothers eye.

You (and actually most of all of us) can sometimes come across as if [b]you/we]/b] have all of the truth and everyone who does not believe as you/we must be misled.

We all do this because it is a human trait - anyone who is deceived or misled will not know that and unless they search for the truth without holding on to what is not true, they will continue to be misled.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 07-02-2009 at 01:29 PM..

Old 07-02-2009, 01:19 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,794,119 times
Moderator cut: Orphaned

Christianity is like the water well. For some people, it's just the water that bothers them. That's how far they want to see. I'm personally interested in how it was dug and even the mosses flagellating at its water bed. And I'll be willing to hold my breath and even die if that is what gets me to achieve my aim in my spiritual journey.

Even drinking from it, Christians of today might wanna heat it or use an advanced water filter.

I'm of the breed which prefers to drink it raw, with the faith that the bacteria in it, should it cut into my metabolic balance, the God-given white corpuscles are immune enough to fend it off.

And I like the well, just the way it is, without any attempt at tampering with its replenishment or how water is harnessed out of it.

Everything around the well decays, the trees, the plants, the people, the insects and even the water, when it's drought. But that's when God fills it back with rains from the skies.

The well is still a well. However you drink that water is no concern of mine. I have my own way. And while you guys are at it, don't start adding your purifiers to this water of human faith.

This well is not supposed to evolve like computer memory, iPODs or vehicles. It's supposed to transcend through time. It's supposed to be the benchmark and lynch pin for the agriculture and irrigation which will continually thrive around it. And it's never meant to be the other way round.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-02-2009 at 10:00 PM..

Old 07-02-2009, 02:10 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,720,302 times
Oh, Towhee, we all stumble with our words especially here at times! But what is so beautiful is our Lord God does not leave us there! But He always draw us back to Him!!!
We are a family... and what is family? But to love, encourage, pray, and understand when we make our mistakes!!

Amen....Colossus_Antonis!!

Blessings....

Old 07-02-2009, 02:18 PM

14,922 posts, read 17,262,418 times
Thank you for sharing, Towhee. God bless.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 PM

23,030 posts, read 34,453,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Oh, Towhee, we all stumble with our words especially here at times! But what is so beautiful is our Lord God does not leave us there! But He always draw us back to Him!!!
We are a family... and what is family? But to love, encourage, pray, and understand when we make our mistakes!!

Blessings....

Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,966,099 times
Hey Towhee,

We're all brothers and sisters just trying to find our way back home.

Peace to you,
sparrow

Old 07-02-2009, 10:01 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,794,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post

Blessings....
Thanks

Old 07-02-2009, 10:24 PM

257 posts, read 445,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post

Moderator cut: Better addressed/taken up via DM

You owe me no apology. I support what you said and that's a fact.

You forced some to consider thier ways and some don't like it when they have to face the truth about themselves. It's called---Denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity