Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
as with all I say....LOL

(remember Im always right about this stuff)
LOL.... I'll remember that one!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
It does.

In the normal society, I'll easily pass for a hyper-religious weirdo. I don't even have to dye my hair punk green

Old 07-01-2009, 03:36 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
And if only you guys knew how the Early fathers so passionately argued on doctrine and Christology, you won't be complaining at all. You guys will be dwarfed, hands down.

Debate is healthy for the religious

Old 07-01-2009, 03:40 PM

257 posts, read 443,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Why is this happening? Is it another manifestation of the loosing of the Devil?
I am thinking this entire forum needs to be shut down, or else returned to those who believe the Bible is the word of God.

Now...watch ansd see how fast the hate mongers jump on this one!
One of the misconceptions I had at first about this forum, was that it is a Christian forum. Basically, it is a forum about Christianity, but not a Christian forum. But there are some Christians who participate here.

So we see a cross roads society at this forum, presenting thier thoughts about Christian topics.

If one wants to see all manner of false doctrines, this is the place. Also, there are some very fine Christian brothers and sisters who write here, and share some true wisdom from above.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:42 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,541 times
10. And he saith unto me, Seal not the saying of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

11. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12. And, behold I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give to every man according as his work shall be.

13. I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.

14. Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16. I Jesus have sent mine angels to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and Morning Star.

17. And the Spirit and the Bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst, come. And whosoever will, let him take the waters of life freely.

18. For I testify unto man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20. He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus.

21. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (Revelation 22:10-21)

You know, His word is the final Authority, and whether He comes now, or later, He'll find us in whatever condition we are in. Hopefully I pray, some will come, sooner than later.

His sheep knows His voice, and hearken unto Him. All we can do, is spread the word, so Towhee, and all the rest brother's and sister's in Christ...................spread the word, spread the word.

Guidance.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 PM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Hi, discussion and debate does not necessarily equal hate. Why accuse someone of being a member of a hate group because he or she may disagree with you on a subject. Hate group, please see the definition. God bless.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
I pray that God will lead as many weirdo's to this forum as possible and the light of His love will shine through to them.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,200 times
"We should think of it for what it truly is...a place where the weirdos get pointed to....."

But what criterion is being used to determine who the "wierdos" are???

Old 07-01-2009, 03:48 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,547,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Now, don't make me write a Bible for you Towhee

I just wrote one for pcamps.

This is a promising opportunity for the future though.

All you chocolate-chip, good Samaritan cookie Christians, please stop this "downgrade of the Bible" project

Thanks, but I have several translations of the Bible, and I also have access to many more via the computer. All of my faith comes from the word of God, a.k.a., the bible.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, discussion and debate does not necessarily equal hate. Why accuse someone of being a member of a hate group because he or she may disagree with you on a subject. Hate group, please see the definition. God bless.
Exactly Shana

The gospel of the church borders on hate and they want to have a go at people who keep saying God loves all mankind.

How can anyone in their right mind say this comes from hate groups.

Thank God their traditional belief in the unforgivable sin is untrue , because they would certainly be in for it , calling that which is of God what they are calling it.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
"We should think of it for what it truly is...a place where the weirdos get pointed to....."

But what criterion is being used to determine who the "wierdos" are???
I don't know ask the person further up the thread who labelled folk weirdo's to define it , because i am all for outcasts coming to know the Lord .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity