Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:51 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times

Advertisements

As I always say about those who disagree:

1) The Bible is a spiritual book about God (who is Spirit) and man's spirit; (comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.) 1 Cor 2:13:14

2) Read carnally, it's a thick book which one can derive many different (and sometimes damaging) theological platforms

3) He that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

Happy hunting!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:52 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Lets welcome all.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Boy that is so true! I know.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad
(remember Im always right about this stuff)
Is it debate or fighting? Or is there a difference between the two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
if you ever have a doubt as to what I have said about this sub-forum, just go to any other of the many City-data forums and look what happens when someone brings up god into the conversation.
sooner or later the person may receive a friendly point here to the "Christian" forum.

What we end up with here then is a lot of posters that all have shown they cant post without bringing up their religion no matter the topic.
OR....

Or we end up with a lot of posters that cant stand anyone who brings up god at all.
They come here because they know this area is thick with people to debate with about god.

Yes, this is also true! But has helped me in a lot of areas I was very sheltered in with the Lord! Have been learning the different false teachings in this place. Really has opened my eyes and gives discernment in what spirit one may face and the Spirit of God helps in recognizing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
One of the misconceptions I had at first about this forum, was that it is a Christian forum. Basically, it is a forum about Christianity, but not a Christian forum. But there are some Christians who participate here.

So we see a cross roads society at this forum, presenting thier thoughts about Christian topics.

If one wants to see all manner of false doctrines, this is the place. Also, there are some very fine Christian brothers and sisters who write here, and share some true wisdom from above.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
I don't know ask the person further up the thread who labelled folk weirdo's to define it , because i am all for outcasts coming to know the Lord
Amen. God bless.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:55 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForHimByHim View Post
One of the misconceptions I had at first about this forum, was that it is a Christian forum. Basically, it is a forum about Christianity, but not a Christian forum. But there are some Christians who participate here.

So we see a cross roads society at this forum, presenting thier thoughts about Christian topics.

If one wants to see all manner of false doctrines, this is the place. Also, there are some very fine Christian brothers and sisters who write here, and share some true wisdom from above.

Yes, you are quite right.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:56 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
Agree. God bless.

7,374 posts, read 8,759,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I'd still like to know who the hate mongers are here, who do not believe that the Bible is the word of God , and are the reason why the forum should be shut down. God bless.
It certainly isn't you Shana ... I really don't see how anyone could blame those of us who believe in universal reconciliation and Gods unconditional love for being a hate group or hate mongers. As we pretty much are the most forgiving as far Christian doctrine, that is our badge of honor. We are the elite of the gospel of Grace. Even though i stand often diametrically opposed to the fundamentalist extremists, i have to agree that i have seen here lately more hate mongering than i care to witness. Its better if we don't name names, it will only start more flame wars. I just choose not to post in their threads or at least not directly in answer to them.

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Colossus

Come on then what is this gospel i am sharing you so disagree with ?

What is it you do not like ?

God loves sinners ?

Jesus died for sinners ?

That God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself not counting their sins against them ?

That God loves the prostitutes, harlots , homosexuals ?

That He was a friend of sinners ?

That He always rebuked the scribes and Pharisees ?

That He said he was anointed to set the captives free , heal the broken hearted , to bind up the wounds ?

That He said love our enemies ?

Come on which of this offends you ?

That he said he would draw all men unto him ?

That he said call no Father , we have one Father and that is not the pope ?

That when He said this is my body and drink take eat and drink he was not talking literally ?

That He said the publican left justified rather than the pharisee ?

Come on i want to know

Old 07-01-2009, 03:58 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
Already 35 posts....and I can rest my case!

Last edited by Towhee; 07-01-2009 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling

Old 07-01-2009, 04:00 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
If we can't get along on a forum, how will we get along in Heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity