Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:03 PM

852 posts, read 1,368,900 times

Advertisements

Goodnight all...nice to end the night on such a nice note
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
OK I agree that God loves us unconditionally.
Who have you loved unconditionally lately? Or are you leaving it up to God so you don't have to participate?

I want to participate and God is teaching me everyday. I am not ashamed or afraid of God if I don't get it right all the time. It is great and wonderful if you have already learned how.

God is love and we can count on it.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:27 PM

14,944 posts, read 17,291,404 times
Thank you Father for your Spirit that dwells within us. Let your loving light shine through us on the forums to spread the news that you are a God of love, love for all people no matter what they have done and no matter where they are. You love them and gave Your beloved Son to die for them. Help us to lift You up in all that we do, pick us up when we fall, and help us to always know that we can be assured of your love, infinite love for us, because You are love, in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 PM

23,036 posts, read 34,475,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Thank you Father for your Spirit that dwells within us. Let your loving light shine through us on the forums to spread the news that you are a God of love, love for all people no matter what they have done and no matter where they are. You love them and gave Your beloved Son to die for them. Help us to lift You up in all that we do, pick us up when we fall, and help us to always know that we can be assured of your love, infinite love for us, because You are love, in the name of Jesus, Amen.
AMEN!!! I pray we can carry this kind of attitude with us to other threads. Love you Shana!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:33 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,974,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I want to participate and God is teaching me everyday. I am not ashamed or afraid of God if I don't get it right all the time. It is great and wonderful if you have already learned how.

God is love and we can count on it.
Agreed! Since understanding just how immense and intense God's love is for us, He has greatly expanded my heart. Forgiveness comes so much easier that ever before. Seeing people as my brothers and sisters, even if they hurt me. I may be hurt, but I won't stop loving them. Because I know the truth. I know that all of their dross will eventually be burned off completely just as mine will.

One of the things the cross is teaching us, is that God loves us with such an intense love, there is NOTHING that we can do to escape this love. Not even nailing Him to a cross and trying to kill Him. Think about it... "Father forgive them they know not what they do.." Should we do any less to our fellow brothers and sisters in this short life? This is where your heart starts to expand... and you cling to God and your clinging to God allows your heart to grow larger and larger. Do we always get it right? Do we always love as much as we should? Of course not... our souls are still attached to this carnal man. But that's the point, we are LEARNING. God is steadily teaching us. But I will tell you, once I realized just how much He really does love and care for us and we do not need to be frightened of Him, but rather revere him for He is reconciling all, I have such greater compasion in my heart towards others. He has given me a new set of eyes, eyes that are able to LOOK PAST the exterior of people (all the outward, the arrogance, the fear, the anger, the hatred) and look at their heart and realize that they only LONG for something that they don't quite understand what it is yet. (They LONG for God!) One day... they will understand what their longing was. In their own time. In God's perfect timing. So my new set of eyes, I am learning to use them. More and more everyday. Seeing a fellow human as my TRUE brother or sister. And seeing past their current state and seeing them for who they TRULY are (a fellow beloved child of God.)

Unconditional LOVE? Absolutely.... I'm learning more and more every single day about what it is and how TO love others unconditionally because my heart is being filled with His love.

Peace..

Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM

Love to you, ILNC. God bless you

Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 PM

Amen .sparrow, and Phazelwood. He walks right by my side, He promised to be my guide, He is good, He is good..
singing a fave song.. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-01-2009 at 10:32 PM..

Old 07-01-2009, 09:42 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,648,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
OK I agree that God loves us unconditionally.
Who have you loved unconditionally lately? Or are you leaving it up to God so you don't have to participate?

I love unconditionally everyday, but under my circumstances there are some things I have to leave to God.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:50 PM

Forgive us Father for the times that we are rude to each other and fail to let the light shine. Show us how to love even when we disagree and help us, Father, to treat others with the love that You want us to have, for You are kind and merciful to Your creatures, even when we are not. Help us to love, Father, help us to glorify You. We know that we can only do it with Your power and strength. We want to lift You up, Father, lift You up, in the name of Jesus, Father.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:52 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,968,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Forgive us Father for the times that we are rude to each other and fail to let the light shine. Show us how to love even when we disagree and help us, Father, to treat others with the love that You want us to have, for You are kind and merciful to Your creatures, even when we are not. Help us to love, Father, help us to glorify You. We know that we can only do it with Your power and strength. We want to lift You up, Father, lift You up, in the name of Jesus, Father.

I will agree in prayer over that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity