Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:59 PM

304 posts, read 904,717 times

Advertisements

Smugness. There are many "Christian" churches that ridicule other "Christian" churches, but forget Christ's church is invisible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 03:03 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Sorry if I seem smug, I am not - my heart aches for my faults as much as it aches for all the pain and anger and jealousy I see around me whether it be christian or not.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:08 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I agree with Sundance. There's no point being angry with those whose eyes have not been opened to the Truth.

What makes me more angry than anything is my own sin. I get so weary of myself. Thank God He is patient with me and thank God there will be a day when His love will have consumed me completely and my sin nature will be completely destroyed, when God is all in all in me.
What Pleroo, said goes for me too, in the way, that I stay upset with myself. Thank you Lord Jesus.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:44 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
I'd have to go with hypocrites make me mad.

I get SAD at how some Christians run away when they're losing a debate, instead of studying it for themselves and realizing it's ok to be wrong at times. They should want the truth, no matter what, even if they have to admit they were wrong.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:56 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I'd have to go with hypocrites make me mad.

I get SAD at how some Christians run away when they're losing a debate, instead of studying it for themselves and realizing it's ok to be wrong at times. They should want the truth, no matter what, even if they have to admit they were wrong.
oh so True...none of us know all...and I am always glad for a "study moment"....and then I can read for myself and come to a conclusion.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Sorry if I seem smug, I am not - my heart aches for my faults as much as it aches for all the pain and anger and jealousy I see around me whether it be christian or not.
I didn't think your post seemed smug...I'm not real sure that the comment was meant for you. Maybe they simply meant that smugness was what made them mad..
you seem to be a good person...just by that comment. It shows the love you have for fellow people.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:00 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *sherry* View Post
oh so True...none of us know all...and I am always glad for a "study moment"....and then I can read for myself and come to a conclusion.
Exactly Sherry. I'm amazed at how this forum has opened my eyes to some things, and I've changed my viewpoint. It seems some though are so afraid of admitting they're wrong, they'd rather go on believing something false. I don't want anyone to take my word for anything. I just want them to study, study, study!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bermudagrass View Post
for the time being, you're full of something allright!
Bermuda, why cant you let the people who love God and religion alone? Why do you seem to have to mock them?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Angry I'll tell you what REALLY makes me mad...!!!

...like just today, for example...when I pinched my hand between the gear bar and the handle bar of my lawn mower!!.....grrrrrrrrr..........the pain was ex-cr-uuuuuc-i-a-ting!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...like just today, for example...when I pinched my hand between the gear bar and the handle bar of my lawn mower!!.....grrrrrrrrr..........the pain was ex-cr-uuuuuc-i-a-ting!!!

love your emoticons...is that what they are called?
I love your faces!....lol
Thanks for the smile at bedtime! Have a great night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity