Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:13 PM

852 posts, read 1,366,260 times

Advertisements

Regardless...you and they will be in my prayers.

Last edited by *sherry*; 07-04-2009 at 10:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2009, 10:14 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,864,494 times
That was my suggestion too. I think the girls themselves could notify the Department of Human Services or they can tell a teacher or pastor and they would get them the help they need. I can't believe custody would be given to a non-blood relative. Where is their mom? I know grandparents cannot be denied seeing their grandchildren. A friend had to take her ex DIL to court to get visitation rights to her grandchildren. The woman has no legal right to keep the girls from you. Prayers.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:22 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,195,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Miss Shawn, prayers apart, something else must be done.

I think the girls need to be forcibly removed from the scene and taken into a safe house.

I'm not sure how this works in America. In my world, it's easy.
CA and Okie wrote the most reasonable response so far.
Instead of sympathy and pity (like the previous posts) the situation should be described to a local child welfare agency. Prayer will accomplish nothing, but legal actions may change the situation.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:31 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,864,494 times
Prayer accomplishes more than we know!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:33 PM

852 posts, read 1,366,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
Prayer accomplishes more than we know!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:50 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,703,076 times
Yes, Miss Shawn, your nieces are right now in my prayers and the whole situation! I will not stop praying till I hear from heaven....
God's wall of protection, comfort, peace, is being prayed and poured upon them this very moment. And may you continue to rest in His peace He is giving you.
He will give you and other's the wisdom and guidance in helping to work on behalf for your nieces to deliver them from this situation and all harm.

Ps.32:7
You are Miss Shawn nieces hiding place; You shall preserve them from trouble; You shall surround them with songs of deliverance.

Thank You, Father!
Blessings

Old 07-05-2009, 04:52 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,307,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
That was my suggestion too. I think the girls themselves could notify the Department of Human Services or they can tell a teacher or pastor and they would get them the help they need. I can't believe custody would be given to a non-blood relative. Where is their mom? I know grandparents cannot be denied seeing their grandchildren. A friend had to take her ex DIL to court to get visitation rights to her grandchildren. The woman has no legal right to keep the girls from you. Prayers.
That is another issue, before my brother died he took them from there mom due to things going on in the home. There mom has moved away and she really doesn't care what happens to the girls.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
CA and Okie wrote the most reasonable response so far.
Instead of sympathy and pity (like the previous posts) the situation should be described to a local child welfare agency. Prayer will accomplish nothing, but legal actions may change the situation.
We already went that route. M nieces are mixed and the women that they live with are white. Her mother is on the council board and her mother used her power and the people that she knows to help her daughter get the girls. So, you see we are dealing with a bigger issue her. There step mom told us that there mom sighted over custody rights to her. So, law here says that the girls are old enough to say where they want to live.

So, we by law have to wait till the girls say that they want to live. WE have already been to court and a big custody have been done in the past. We are not dealing with a regular women, this is one of satans servants, trust me, I know.

When dealing with things here in the south, there is still this black and white issue thing going on, and her mom used her so called power for pull. Here in the south we have corrupt systems and that system is not working on our behalf.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 07-05-2009 at 05:10 AM..

Old 07-05-2009, 04:59 AM

Thank you all for praying for this situation. I am praying for a major change in their lives.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:37 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,792,418 times
Quote:
Little did they know at the trouble they would be living in. Well, she drinks alot and often is so drunk that my oldest niece have to drive the car and she is not old enough to drive on the road by herself, she hits on them, curse at them, uses up there money that they get from my brothers death, talks down to them, tells them that she will put them into a home if they try to leave, sleeps with so many men and have men in and out the house, have drug dealers in and out the home, and so many other horrible things.
Go get them for a visit. Don't take them back. They need help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity