Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 07:42 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

What say you - is the Holy Spirit ANOTHER person or The person of God the Father in Heaven?

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 AM

723 posts, read 1,046,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
What say you - is the Holy Spirit ANOTHER person or The person of God the Father in Heaven?

Paul
I myself do not believe in the Godhead called Trinity!! Jesus said plenty of times that God sent him, and that he sits at the right hand of God. So if Jesus is God then he sent himself, or he sits at the right hand of himself. I hardly doubt it!! The Holy Spirit is sent in Jesus Christ name, not he is Jesus or God!!
GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-19-2009, 08:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Hear o Israel the Lord your God is one God . I do not believe in the trinity , just my belief

Just repeating the words of Jesus. Who is God by the way . If you have seen me you have seen the Father.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:24 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post

Paul
Yes, I believe in the Trinity, and He is a person, not an it.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hear o Israel the Lord your God is one God . I do not believe in the trinity , just my belief

Just repeating the words of Jesus. Who is God by the way . If you have seen me you have seen the Father.
If you have seen me you have seen the father was said by Jesus, but he also said, I am in the Father, and the Father in me!! He is not God, but granted the power as the Son of God to do God's work!!!
GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,286 times
I believe that the Holy Spirit is God, just as the Father is God and Jesus is God. It is a Trinity of three persons who are one God. It is a mystery that I can't really fathom intellectually since it seems like there should be three Gods but I firmly believe that in fact they are one God.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Why do you think the apostles baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ shortly after Jesus said baptize in the name of the Father,son and Holy Ghost.

Lord- Father
Son-Jesus
Christ-Holy Ghost. Not 3 gods or 3 different entities. One God.

This is how it reads to me. I do not believe the apostles had forgotten in such a short time the instruction of Jesus on how to baptize, they fully understood what Jesus meant.

They knew God is one because Jesus had already told them so.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 AM

How many gods does the Bible teach exist?
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." Exodus 20:3.
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD." Deuteronomy 6:4.
"hath not one God created us?" Malachi 2:10.
"And this is life eternal that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." John 17:3.
"there is none other God but one." 1 Corinthians 8:4.
"But to us there is but one God." 1 Corinthians 8:6.
"One God and Father of all." Ephesians 4:6.
"For there is one God." 1 Timothy 2:5.
"Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble." James 2:19.
"If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." John 14:28

What is the common title given in the Bible to the One God?
"Have we not all one father?" Malachi 2:10.
"But to us there is but one God, the Father." 1 Corinthians 8:6.
"Grace be to you and peace from God the Father." Galatians 1:3; 2 Corinthians 1:2; Romans 1:7.
"According to the will of God and our Father." Galatians 1:4.
"One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." Ephesians 4:6.
"Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father."1 Corinthians 1:3; Ephesians 1: 2; Philippians 1:2; Colossians 1:2; 1 Thessalonians 1:1; 2 Thessalonians 1:2.

Is the one God, our Father, the father of Jesus Christ as well?
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." Ephesians 1:3.
"I ascend unto my Father, and your Father." John 20:17.
"One God and Father of all." Ephesians 4:6.
Conclusion: The Bible teaches that there is but one God, who is the Father of all.

"The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do." John 5:19

"I can of mine own self do nothing…because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." John 5:30.

"For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself." John 5:26

How does the Bible demonstrate the submission of Son to His Father, the one God?
"And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's." 1 Corinthians 3:23.
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:2.
"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him." Ephesians 1:17.
"One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all." Ephesians 4:5, 6.
"For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." 1 Corinthians 15:27, 28.
Conclusion: The one God, the Father, has made His son His equal in nature, character, and purpose; His full and only co-partner. This reality does not negate, however, the submission of the Son to His Father, who is the one God, who rules over all including the Son.

Who is the Holy Spirit?
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Romans 8: 9
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4: 6
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14: 16- 18
Conclusion: The Holy Spirit is none other than the very Spirit of Christ which proceeded from the Father, the one God, [of whom [are] all things]. 1 Corinthians 8: 6.

GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-19-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why do you think the apostles baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ shortly after Jesus said baptize in the name of the Father,son and Holy Ghost.

Lord- Father
Son-Jesus
Christ-Holy Ghost. Not 3 gods or 3 different entities. One God.

This is how it reads to me. I do not believe the apostles had forgotten in such a short time the instruction of Jesus on how to baptize, they fully understood what Jesus meant.

They knew God is one because Jesus had already told them so.
Thank You pcamps, GOD BLESS YOU!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
John 1:18 "No one has ever seen God. But His only Son, who is Himself God is near to the Fathers heart, He has told us about Him".

1 John 5: 7 "So we have three witnesses, the Spirit, the water, and the blood, and three agree".

Matthew 3:17-17 "After His baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water the Heavens were opened and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on Him. And a voice from Heaven said, this is my beloved Son, and I am fully pleased with Him".

Yes Jesus is God, yes the Holy Spirit is God. God loves us much He came Himself to save us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity