Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:38 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,045,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Not my flesh, but my blood running through his veins. "This is my blood, which is shed for many". (Mark 14;24)
I disagree, my Son has my flesh because he even looksl ike me. Has my wifes flesh also because he looks like her as well.

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 09:52 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,239,428 times
Even tho I don't fully understand what God has revealed about Himself, I believe that the Holy Spirit is God and that the three (God the Father, God the Son & God the Holy Spirit) are one.

For instance, take water. It appears in three different forms: ice, liquid and steam. Each of these forms is water and is made up of the same substance (H20). God is in three different persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but each of these persons is God.

Take a man, he can be a father, son and dad, all three in one person.

When I taught preschool I explained the Trinity to children using an apple as illustration. An apple has three parts, the peel, the flesh & the core. All three parts of the apple are apple. The peel, flesh & core are not three apples, but just one apple. Then I relate that back to the Trinity. It always amazes me how a child can understand and accept, yet as we get older we question.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 AM

723 posts, read 1,048,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I disagree, my Son has my flesh because he even looksl ike me. Has my wifes flesh also because he looks like her as well.

Paul
I wont disagree with the flesh thing, but that still does not make your son/daughter you, just a form of you! Plus repeated many times throughout the bible God is ONE not THREE!!!

"If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." John 14:28

"hath not one God created us?" Malachi 2:10.
"And this is life eternal that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." John 17:3.
"there is none other God but one." 1 Corinthians 8:4.
"But to us there is but one God." 1 Corinthians 8:6.
"One God and Father of all." Ephesians 4:6.
"For there is one God." 1 Timothy 2:5.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-19-2009, 10:05 AM

33,360 posts, read 26,587,975 times
Quote:
Isn't it irrefutable (via scripture) that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father Himself and not some OTHER person?

Paul
The Holy Spirit is always spoken of by the personal pronouns He, Him, and His. If the Holy Spirit were a mere attribute of God then personal pronouns would not be used in reference to Him.

John 14:16-18 "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you."

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things...

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God...

An attribute cannot have fellowship with you. Only a person can.
2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

So the Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity. Not an attribute of the Father or the Son.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
I wont disagree with the flesh thing, but that still does not make your son/daughter you, just a form of you! Plus repeated many times throughout the bible God is ONE not THREE!!!

"If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I." John 14:28

"hath not one God created us?" Malachi 2:10.
"And this is life eternal that they might know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." John 17:3.
"there is none other God but one." 1 Corinthians 8:4.
"But to us there is but one God." 1 Corinthians 8:6.
"One God and Father of all." Ephesians 4:6.
"For there is one God." 1 Timothy 2:5.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Is God (the Father's) spirit just a reference to the Holy Spirit?

Paul

Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,507,945 times
God is a title not a name. God is not the name of the Father. So, Jesus is God because he came out from the Father and the Father gave him his attributes. The Father gave him the title of God.
Jesus said for the disciples to be one as he and the Father are one. Are the disciples all the same person? No, they are different people but one in spirirt. That`s how they are one. That`s how Jesus and the Father are one.
The Holy Spirit is the spirit of God. The spirit of the Father. The spirit that dwells in believers. The spirit that will make you one with God. We all have that same spirit dwelling within us. If we have the same spirit (Holy Spirit) dwelling within us,then we are essentially one. But we are not the same person. The Father,Jesus, and the Holy spirit are all God. They all three have the title of God. But Jesus is not the Father. They have the same spirit so they are one in essence and nature.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Holy Spirit is always spoken of by the personal pronouns He, Him, and His. If the Holy Spirit were a mere attribute of God then personal pronouns would not be used in reference to Him.

John 14:16-18 "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you."

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things...

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God...

An attribute cannot have fellowship with you. Only a person can.
2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with you all.

So the Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity. Not an attribute of the Father or the Son.
Nobody said a mere attribute but complete His person. There is nothing in scripture to refute that. There is nothing you will find in the scriptures that can PROVE that the Holy Spirit is NOT the Father's OWN spirit.

Paul

Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,375,203 times
We Know God (one God) is Spirit , we know God(the same God) is Father (Our Father in heaven)Jesus said I AM .

God above , God with us, God in us .

Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 AM

723 posts, read 1,048,309 times
There is no GODHEAD or TRINITY!! Only GOD, and his obedient Subjects, i.e; man, Prophets, Christ, and TheHoly Spirit. Click link below:

http://www.worldslastchance.com/intr...t-one-god.html

GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Old 08-19-2009, 11:13 AM

33,360 posts, read 26,587,975 times
Quote:
Nobody said a mere attribute but complete His person. There is nothing in scripture to refute that. There is nothing you will find in the scriptures that can PROVE that the Holy Spirit is NOT the Father's OWN spirit.

Paul
Yes there is.

Matthew 28:19 says 'Go you therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit'.

That's the name of the Father
and the name of the Son
and the name of the Holy Spirit

The names of three separate and distinct persons are being talked about here. If the Holy Spirit were the Fathers own spirit as you put it, He would not be distinquished as with having a separate name. Since the Holy Spirit is referred to with the use of personal pronouns and therefore as a person, and since God the Father is also a person, they are therefore separate persons. There are not two persons in God the Father. The Father is one person, the Son is one person, and the Holy Spirit is one person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity