Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:27 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I agree with you , but denying the truth whether you see it or not is not seeking the truth .
Yes God is patient and continues to seek us and present His heart and will to us until we yield , and in my case plenty of chastisement because i would often do a Jonah and get on my bike and was out of here, because i didn't want the truth.
Little elmer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 02:28 PM

14,913 posts, read 17,225,810 times
Quote:
Love you Shana.
I am glad to have met you, sis.
Same here, .sparrow! God bless.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:30 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,205,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Little elmer
Oh I relate - don't think I can't.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:47 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,507,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I watched my mom do a wonderful job of this very thing many years ago. She had as much revelation as anyone, but would sit in church and just love the Lord and the people there.

I was livid.

How could they not see???!!! They were stiff necked, blind, rebellious, etc etc etc etc!!!

But she would calm me down and remind me of the very things we're discussing here: (1) the Lord is the One who opens eyes, and we were just like them yesterday - soon they will lead others still to a deeper truth. (2, and more importantly) check your spirit! Has God esteemed you to be the judge over His people? Who are you to think He has done this for you only? Will you have patience with His body as He has had patience with you?

pcamps?
thx little elmer. I totally agree. I`m guilty of losing my patience sometimes with those who can`t see the enormity of God`s love. I get frustrated with those who treat God as if he were a man. Just as I`m sure others may have been frustrated with me when I was eyeball deep in churchology. But as you say, there but by the grace of God go I. We are not better or worse, it`s just that God has chosen to reveal his love to some at this time. As you say, some on here may even lead others to an even deeper understanding. Hallelujah!! God bless, my friend.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:32 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,562,424 times
Okay, I have another question...If everyone will either be totally destroyed eventually, or if they will all be saved eternally...do both of these theories mean that people can live any way they want to, because their end will be the same regardless????

So we are back to the purpose of all the warnings and admonitions in the scriptures to abide by the doctrine of Christ.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,776,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Okay, I have another question...If everyone will either be totally destroyed eventually, or if they will all be saved eternally...do both of these theories mean that people can live any way they want to, because their end will be the same regardless????

So we are back to the purpose of all the warnings and admonitions in the scriptures to abide by the doctrine of Christ.
The wicked will undergo the shame and loss of the judgment of fire. They will be saved, but as through the fire. We are admonished to hold tight to our faith so that we will not lose our prize, which is to reign with Christ 1,000 years, and so that we might not be hurt of the fiery judgment of God when all mens works are tried by fire.

Thats funny ... I'm sure you have heard this answer many times ...

Old 07-11-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you have heard this answer many times ...
Agree! God bless.

Quote:
do both of these theories mean that people can live any way they want to, because their end will be the same regardless????

Old 07-11-2009, 05:49 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,366,031 times
Shana that is the first time i have seen you frown

Old 07-11-2009, 05:50 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,507,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The wicked will undergo the shame and loss of the judgment of fire. They will be saved, but as through the fire. We are admonished to hold tight to our faith so that we will not lose our prize, which is to reign with Christ 1,000 years, and so that we might not be hurt of the fiery judgment of God when all mens works are tried by fire.

Thats funny ... I'm sure you have heard this answer many times ...
Exactly! No matter how many times you explain it they still ask the same question, which is....So, that means we can live and do whatever we want because it doesn`t matter...
That just goes to show me, God is really at work here. How can a person not understand that Christian Universalist believe in God`s judgement and NOONE gets away with anything. Did you hear that church? No one gets away with it, which seems to be ET`ers biggest concern. Someone else getting away with something while they had to be obediant to Christ. They just can`t stand the thought of that. But let not your heart be troubled ET`ers, don`t worry, they will face God`s wrath. You can rest easy and feel better about yourself and that you are being treated fairly by God.
It says something about their walk with God if you ask me. It`s as if they don`t really want to be obediant. They are just doing it because they are afraid of God`s wrath. They are not doing it out of love but fear. Eventhough they talk about how much they love God. What they really mean is how much they fear God. you want to talk about robots. It` s like they are being forced to follow Christ or face the consequences. But then they will say, God doesn`t force anyone. No, he just throws them into a burning fiery pit of brimstone and fire that burns white hot.
So, let`s get this straight. God doesn`t force you but threaten you with eternal damnation otherwise. It`s like a robber approaching you on the street,holding a gun to your head and saying give me all of your money. I won`t force you but if you don`t I will blow your brains out, the choice is yours. You have the choice of not giving him your money.
You have the choice of not following God, but you will be burned alive!! Now that is what I call free to make a choice.

Last edited by spm62; 07-11-2009 at 06:03 PM..

Old 07-11-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Shana that is the first time i have seen you frown
Had to this time, pcamps...unbelievable! God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity