Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:22 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hallelujah so why fear it ?

2 Tim :9, 10

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel
Death has been abolished for the elect, not the devil and his seed..

Here is their portion:

rev 20:

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

rev 21:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 04:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Brloved i knew i was going to wake up to this statement from you this morning

Death as been abolished but it will still have power over everyone but the elect.( City Data Forum chapter 3 verse 1 )

Beloved death was cast in there not people

Old 07-12-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Brloved i knew i was going to wake up to this statement from you this morning

Death as been abolished but it will still have power over everyone but the elect.( City Data Forum chapter 3 verse 1 )

Beloved death was cast in there not people
Death was only abolished for the elect of God, not the devil and his seed..

rev 21:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:34 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Beloved57

The Lake of fire

In my study of the lake that burns with fire and brimstone I was very much helped and impressed by the understanding given by Charles Pridgeon and I would like to quote from his scholarly work on the subject of BRIMSTONE. He says: "The Lake of Fire and Brimstone signifies a fire burning with brimstone; the word 'brimstone' or sulphur defines the character of the fire. The Greek word THEION translated 'brimstone' is exactly the same word THEION which means 'divine.' Sulphur was sacred to the deity among the ancient Greeks; and was used to fumigate, to purify, and to cleanse and consecrate to the deity; for this purpose they burned it in their incense. In Homer's Iliad (16:228), one is spoken of as purifying a goblet with fire and brimstone. The verb derived from THEION is THEIOO, which means to hallow, to make divine, or to dedicate to a god (See Liddell and Scott Greek-English Lexicon, 1897 Edition). To any Greek, or any trained in the Greek language, a 'lake of fire and brimstone' would mean a 'lake of divine purification.' The idea of judgment need not be excluded. Divine purification and divine consecration are the plain meaning in ancient Greek. In the ordinary explanation, this fundamental meaning of the word is entirely left out, and nothing but eternal torment is associated with it" -end quote.

The Lake of Fire

Old 07-12-2009, 05:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,766,535 times
Quote:
Beloved57

The Lake of fire

In my study of the lake that burns with fire and brimstone I was very much helped and impressed by the understanding given by Charles Pridgeon and I would like to quote from his scholarly work on the subject of BRIMSTONE. He says: "The Lake of Fire and Brimstone signifies a fire burning with brimstone; the word 'brimstone' or sulphur defines the character of the fire. The Greek word THEION translated 'brimstone' is exactly the same word THEION which means 'divine.' Sulphur was sacred to the deity among the ancient Greeks; and was used to fumigate, to purify, and to cleanse and consecrate to the deity; for this purpose they burned it in their incense. In Homer's Iliad (16:228), one is spoken of as purifying a goblet with fire and brimstone. The verb derived from THEION is THEIOO, which means to hallow, to make divine, or to dedicate to a god (See Liddell and Scott Greek-English Lexicon, 1897 Edition). To any Greek, or any trained in the Greek language, a 'lake of fire and brimstone' would mean a 'lake of divine purification.' The idea of judgment need not be excluded. Divine purification and divine consecration are the plain meaning in ancient Greek. In the ordinary explanation, this fundamental meaning of the word is entirely left out, and nothing but eternal torment is associated with it" -end quote.

The Lake of Fire

Not to mention the word torment should be translated as chastisement or testing for purification.The Greek word is "basanismos", or literally touchstone. Used for testing the purity of metals during the process of refining. Its all symbolic in every possible way to the process of cleansing and refining.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Not to mention the word torment should be translated as chastisement
Aint no chastisement, its punishment..God chastens His Sons, not the children of the devil..

Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,794,497 times
beloved57, I commend you for attempting to discuss this with those who only want to spout their version of truth according to their accepted interpretation. They will not listen. They do not understand. They, of course, will say the same thing to us. That's their perogative. They play a broken record, usurp most threads to spout their beliefs to the detriment of any and all discussion. Hence why I have very seldom ventured to post on this forum any longer. I get a headache from banging my head against the wall.

My opinion -- not everyone will be with Jesus in Heaven. He said it. He speaks truth. Twisting scripture around man's fallible ideas is dangerous and wrong. Man doesn't need a degree in Greek to understand what Jesus taught. "Depart for I never knew you". Yes, sounds like for only a temporary "time out" until they come to their senses .

Old 07-14-2009, 08:55 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,403,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
beloved57, I commend you for attempting to discuss this with those who only want to spout their version of truth according to their accepted interpretation. They will not listen. They do not understand. They, of course, will say the same thing to us. That's their perogative. They play a broken record, usurp most threads to spout their beliefs to the detriment of any and all discussion. Hence why I have very seldom ventured to post on this forum any longer. I get a headache from banging my head against the wall.

My opinion -- not everyone will be with Jesus in Heaven. He said it. He speaks truth. Twisting scripture around man's fallible ideas is dangerous and wrong. Man doesn't need a degree in Greek to understand what Jesus taught. "Depart for I never knew you". Yes, sounds like for only a temporary "time out" until they come to their senses .
AMEN MAMS!!!!!!!!!!! Great post, so very true!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 PM

14,890 posts, read 17,179,835 times
So mams and ILNC do you believe as beloved does, that God does not love all mankind, that Jesus did not die for all mankind, that God only offers salvation to the elect who will will receive salvation, all others (children of the devil) having no opportunity for salvation? God bless.

beloved:
Quote:
He wasnt talking to you or I when He told His disciples to Love their enemies..

and besides, God never told His disciples to Love His enemies..thats forbidden..

Old 07-14-2009, 09:06 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,850,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
So mams and ILNC do you believe as beloved does, that God does not love all mankind, that Jesus did not die for all mankind, that God only offers salvation to the elect who will will receive salvation, all others (children of the devil) having no opportunity for salvation? God bless.
I don't believe that for a minute. And thats the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity