Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:42 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,161,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
I cant explain scripture to someone who does not have the spiritual capacity to recieve spiritual truth..
I have actually understood your writings from the beginning. They are NOT of the Spirit of Truth, for the Truth is not IN them. Now, if you want to have a spiritual discussion, leave the lambashing at the door, and let us get to it.

Even IF you think I am of the evil one, and not of the elect, afford me the same hospitality Jesus had given the devil. Otherwise, you are only wise in YOUR own estimation, and not of anything in or above this world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 07:43 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,394,590 times
Quote:
I have actually understood your writings from the beginning
No you dont, because if you did, you would know they are from God..

Old 07-14-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
because God said so..thats why..

1 jn 3:

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

The determination of cains works being evil was prior to him slaying his brother..and God says that he [cain] was of that wicked one [the devil]..nothing from the devil and his children is good before God..
It doesnt say that his sacrifice was evil, so don't play a word game with me. It says his deeds were evil. What pray tell me are evil deeds?

Jealousy, strife, anger, covetness, lust, ego, etc. These are emotions which lead to sin.

Got some news for you Beloved57. You ARE human as well. So are YOU of the evil one?

Abel walked according to the Spirit, and sacrificed a spiritual gift.
Cain walked according to the flesh, and sacrificed a fleshly gift.

How do you not "see" this, and yet claim to walk in the Spirit?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
No you dont, because if you did, you would know they are from God..
No they are not. You have taken from the Word of God and created something from nothing based upon a carnal understanding of the Word.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:31 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Ironmaw and eyewrist have you considered this

5but God knows that in the day ye eat of it, your eyes will be opened, and ye will be as God, knowing good and evil.

22And Jehovah Elohim said, Behold, Man is become as one of us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever .

Their eyes were opened , then they knew good and evil.

Do you really believe it was a sexual act after reading these scripture ?.

What ever they did opened their eyes,their is no doubt according to the scripture.

Does the knowledge of good and evil that opened our eyes come through a sexual act ?

If this is so ? How ?

I came across these points actually looking at this chapter for a completely other purpose than a response to your belief in the act of sex.
Of course ... The fact is the ancient Hebrews believed this to be the case as well. The evidences are vast, especially in pseudepigraphic texts such as the book of Enoch. It was the main problem God had with the Hebrews. They would constantly ***** themselves out tot he gentile nations and diluting the blood line of the Hebrews with the blood of gentiles. All the evidence points to the fact. I understand that many people cannot receive this understanding. The concept is just beyond them.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:47 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Of course ... The fact is the ancient Hebrews believed this to be the case as well. The evidences are vast, especially in pseudepigraphic texts such as the book of Enoch. It was the main problem God had with the Hebrews. They would constantly ***** themselves out tot he gentile nations and diluting the blood line of the Hebrews with the blood of gentiles. All the evidence points to the fact. I understand that many people cannot receive this understanding. The concept is just beyond them.
But we are talking about the blood line from Adam to Jesus , which according to you Ironmaw is not diluted.

I would say there whoring was after foreign gods more so than intermingling with the gentiles , which through the cross Jesus made one new man

If you believe it's sex that is fine by me .

Old 07-14-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
No they are not
Yes they are, and you reject Gods truth..

Old 07-14-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
It doesnt say that his sacrifice was evil,
it doesnt say his sacrifice was not evil..

Old 07-14-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But we are talking about the blood line from Adam to Jesus , which according to you Ironmaw is not diluted.

I would say there whoring was after foreign gods more so than intermingling with the gentiles , which through the cross Jesus made one new man

If you believe it's sex that is fine by me .
Actually, they did worship the pagan gods but they were literally commanded not to take wives of the Canaanites, among other nations. You're right, God managed to keep the blood line pure all the way up and until Christ was born whom i believe to have been the last pure blooded Adamite, or the last Adam. I don't believe there to be any pure bloods left of either line. However there may be some of the line of Cain left, i don't know ...

Old 07-14-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post

Hi Iron, sure he does, I already gave you the scripture where it says Adam knew Eve and she conceived and bare Cain. That makes Cain a descendent from Adam. Just because Cain does not show up in where it goes through Adams genealogy does not make your point. Many of the genealogies in scripture leave out names we find in scripture. Take Abraham two children, Isaac and Esau, Esau is NOT shown in Abraham’s genealogy although we know that Esau is still descended from Abraham.

More than eight souls were in the ark Iron, but only eight in the ark were saved. Man is called a living creature/soul, Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul/soul.

And in Genesis 9:12 we read
12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature/soul that is with you, for perpetual generations:

Thus, we can see that there were more than eight souls in the ark.

One thing to remember is that without Christ in man’s life he is no more than any other beast of the field that God created. Jude call those without Christ brute beasts.

NOTE: I have placed this note here because in the past when some have read what I have said below they were concerned that I was speaking along the lines of racism, I AM NOT, there is not a racist bone in my body, but I know not how to talk about the different races of man without mentioning the different races.

Cain’s wife is not his sister.

When God created man he created more then just the two people in the garden that we know as Adam and Eve.

Just look around you at all the different races of man that are in the world.

Can we in all honesty assume that all these different races of man sprang from the loins of two people ( Adam and Eve )?

Yet this is what everyone seems to think even though it goes against what the scriptures proclaim. Which is kind will bring forth after kind.

Can two white couples bring forth a black child? Can two black couples bring forth a white child, etc? No ,scriptures is explicit that kind will bring forth kind.

(please remember my NOTE)

When God created man He created him a living creature (nephesh)

The living creature spoken of in Genesis 1:24 is mankind (all the different races of man)
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature (nephesh) after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

This can be seen more fully in
Genesis 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (nephesh)

Creature and soul come from the same Hebrew word nephesh.

Nephesh has this meaning

5315 nephesh { neh’-fesh}

from 5314; TWOT - 1395a; n f

AV - soul 475, life 117, person 29, mind 15, heart 15, creature 9, body 8, himself 8, yourselves 6, dead 5, will 4, desire 4, man 3, themselves 3, any 3, appetite 2, misc 47; 753

GK - 5883 { vp,n<
1) soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion
1a) that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man
1b) living being
1c) living being (with life in the blood)
1d) the man himself, self, person or individual
1e) seat of the appetites
1f) seat of emotions and passions
1g) activity of mind
1g1) dubious
1h) activity of the will
1h1) dubious
1i) activity of the character
1i1) dubious

Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon.

Lets look at a few more scriptures that shows nephesh is in reference to man.

Genesis 12:5
5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls ( nephesh ) that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came.

Genesis 14:21
21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons ( nephesh ), and take the goods to thyself.

Exodus 12:16
16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man ( nephesh ) must eat, that only may be done of you.

There are literally hundreds of scriptures that show man as nephesh but these few should suffice to show nephesh is in reference to man in his original state.

In the Greek the word nephesh is translated psuche , and we can see in 1Co.15:45 that it is definitely in relationship to man.

1 Corinthians 15:45
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul ( psuche ); the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Adam was created a living soul ( creature ).

Man's original state of creation was OUTSIDE of the garden , then God created a garden and placed man INTO it to be made into His image and likeness.

Genesis 2:8
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Man was not created in the garden but placed in the garden after he was created. This is seen here and in Gen.3:23

So we see man created a living soul ( creature )outside of the garden.

God takes one of the living creatures He created and puts him in the garden to be made in His image and likeness.

Note that the scripture state Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind.

There were more then one kind of living creature created.
The living creature is man and God takes one of the races of man and places him in the garden to be made into His image and likeness.
This race of man would become known as Israel ( natural ).
We can see this by the genealogy in given in Lu.3.

All Israel can trace their ancestry back to Adam.
From the time God placed man in the garden man was called a son of God , not a manifested son of God , but a son of God none the less.
Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
We can see here that Adam was the first to be called a son of God. And we know that God called Israel His firstborn son.

Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

We also by this scripture ( below )can see that not all mankind came forth from Adam. For if they had, they would have also been included in the commonwealth of Israel because they would have been able to trace their ancestry back to Adam.

Ephesians 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Obviously there were other people outside of Israel who had at one time been without hope of God in the world.

To show this more fully we need to look at Cain’s wife.
Were did she come from?

If God only created one man and one woman God becomes the author of incest ( which we know He hates, Lev.18:9 & 20:17 ) because eventually a brother had to have sexual relationships with his sister.

There is no unrighteousness with God , so Cain’s wife had to come from somewhere else.

If I err not I think Gen.6:1-2 gives us a hint to where Cain’s wife came from.

Genesis 6:1-2
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Cain was a son of God and was the first to take unto himself of the daughters of men.

Now some have used these two scriptures to state that all people came from Adam and Eve.
Gen.3:20 & Ro.5:12

Genesis 3:20
20 And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

This was not said for the woman’s sake but for the seed sake.

Jesus Christ is the seed of the woman.

Paul expounds on this point in acts 17 when he stated: And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation.

It is because of the blood of Christ all nations are now the offspring of God.

And here

Ephesians 2:11-13
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

All nations of men are now Gods offspring because of the blood of the lamb.
But it was not always so as the above scripture state , that the gentile had no hope and was without God in the world, and now by the blood of Christ are made nigh unto God.

It is because of Eves seed which is Christ that Eve is called the mother of all living.
So she is rightly called the mother of all living.

Romans 5:12
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

This by no means is saying we all sprang from one man , it is stating that because of one man eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil ( the law ) we have all come under the tutelage of the law.

Thus Cain’s wife was of one of the other races of man God created.

There was a literal transgression Iron, and the scriptures tell us that transgression was DISOBEDIENCE.

I agree that innocence was stripped away but it had nothing to do with literal sex with the serpent.

What you are seeing and saying is literal sex with the serpent is actually spiritual in nature.

James 1:15 explain this spiritual principle.
15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Now we know that sin is of the Devil, thus the serpent being used of the Devil deceived Eve by his words, thus placing lust within her and that lust conceived and brought for sin, which brought forth death.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on all these point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity