Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:16 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,394,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So now instead of twisting the scriptures, you just add to them?
i didnt add anything..but where does it say that cains sacrifice was not evil ? if you dont show that verse, then your adding something it seems..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM

11,910 posts, read 3,739,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
It doesnt say that his sacrifice was evil, so don't play a word game with me. It says his deeds were evil. What pray tell me are evil deeds?

Jealousy, strife, anger, covetness, lust, ego, etc. These are emotions which lead to sin.

Got some news for you Beloved57. You ARE human as well. So are YOU of the evil one?

Abel walked according to the Spirit, and sacrificed a spiritual gift.
Cain walked according to the flesh, and sacrificed a fleshly gift.

How do you not "see" this, and yet claim to walk in the Spirit?

HotinAZ,

I agree 100%

Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,161,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
i didnt add anything..but where does it say that cains sacrifice was not evil ? if you dont show that verse, then your adding something it seems..
Where does it say his sacrifice WAS evil, as you claim it was?? I didn't add to anything, for it didn't say no such thing, and I called you on it.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:27 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,394,590 times
Quote:
Where does it say his sacrifice WAS evil
Where does it say it wasnt evil ?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:48 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,406,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The Moabites were descended from Lot who was Abraham's Nephew. Her Bloodline was from Abrahams family as well, just not directly from Abraham. The prohibition of intermingling with the gentiles was especially concerning the Hamitic nations, more especially the Canaanite tribes.
Hi Iron, it is true Lot was Abrahams Nephew, but the promise was only given to Abraham and his seed, which would exclude Lot as he was not of Abraham seed.

Not a big deal bro, just wanted to see how Ruth related according to your understanding.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:11 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,604,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi Iron, it is true Lot was Abrahams Nephew, but the promise was only given to Abraham and his seed, which would exclude Lot as he was not of Abraham seed.

Not a big deal bro, just wanted to see how Ruth related according to your understanding.
Both Rahab the prostitute is not , nor Abraham's father was pagan of pure bloodline and it was through Mary which Jesus was concieved; not Joseph. All that is outlined in Luke3:23-38

Old 07-16-2009, 07:18 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,406,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
Both Rahab the prostitute is not , nor Abraham's father was pagan of pure bloodline and it was through Mary which Jesus was concieved; not Joseph. All that is outlined in Luke3:23-38
Hi eyew, not sure of what you are saying, can you expond your point.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:

As i understand it, it is not about whether or not she was of Abraham's seed, it matters that her blood line Goes back to Adam. If you want to get into specifics about Jewish tradition as it exists today as to whether or not a person is Jewish as regards their mothers ethnic descent is another point. I said Jesus bloodline was "pure" ... In regards to being directly descended from Adam.

However to answer the argument i presented, Ruth was a true convert and therefore became a true Jew after Abraham by faith according to the Jewish belief and my own.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:25 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Hi eyew, not sure of what you are saying, can you expond your point.
I believe he is making reference to the fact that Joseph, Jesus adopted father, was the descendant of king Saul, and Saul's descendants have no right to the throne. So had Joseph been Christs fleshly father Jesus would have had no claim to the throne of David. I believe that is what he is referring to ...

Old 07-16-2009, 02:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,604,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
As i understand it, it is not about whether or not she was of Abraham's seed, it matters that her blood line Goes back to Adam. If you want to get into specifics about Jewish tradition as it exists today as to whether or not a person is Jewish as regards their mothers ethnic descent is another point. I said Jesus bloodline was "pure" ... In regards to being directly descended from Adam.

However to answer the argument i presented, Ruth was a true convert and therefore became a true Jew after Abraham by faith according to the Jewish belief and my own.
Yes indeed Iron It was through their faith and willingness to obey and follow God the made the decendants of Abraham; not "Jewishness" or "non Jewishness." Just as it is for us today! In Gal 3;29 If you belong to Christ, then you ARE Abraham's seed and heirs according to (God's) promise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity