Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:52 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,604,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
1Ti 2:14
"And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

Gen 3:1-7
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

The serpent deceived only eve. Adam was not there. Her husband with her, as far as i know does not appear in the original Hebrew text. The verse in Hebrew is ...

"'akal 'iysh gam nathan" , translates roughly as "also gave man eat" ...

Adam fell becaue of his love for eve. Eve was beguiled and Adam was smitten of Eve quite literally.

We are also told that Adam was hiding out of shame for being naked.

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Right you are, Ironman! And notice what characteristics of evil have entered into the world after eating of the tree of good and evil. The spirits of and/or suffering of...
FEAR, SHAME, BLAME, ACCUSATION ,PAIN ,DESIRE, DOMINANCE, CURSE ON THE LAND, MURDER, LYING, WANDERING, JEALOUSY, SELFISHNESS just to name a few. ALL BECAUSE OF SIN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 04:53 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
In the presence of the Lord. Because Yeshua was a direct decendant of Adam's line through Seth but the line was orginally suppose to be through Abel. But because Cain killed his brother Abel, God gave him Seth to carry the lineage of Jesus.

Gen 5:1-6... Cain is not part of the lineage

then read Luke Jesus' Genealogy Luke 3:23-38 (look carefully at v 38)
Eyewrist yes i knew about the lineage . I would be interested in how Adam and the line to Jesus are in the presence of the Lord .

Old 07-12-2009, 05:04 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,774,543 times
Quote:
Right you are, Ironman! And notice what characteristics of evil have entered into the world after eating of the tree of good and evil. The spirits of and/or suffering of...
FEAR, SHAME, BLAME, ACCUSATION ,PAIN ,DESIRE, DOMINANCE, CURSE ON THE LAND, MURDER, LYING, WANDERING, JEALOUSY, SELFISHNESS just to name a few. ALL BECAUSE OF SIN
Indeed. I wanted to respond to your earlier post ... Cain was given his own Genealogy, he was not the son of Adam, he was the son of the serpent. Check out my video on this topic if you like ...

YouTube - TheMan-FacePart1(a)

Its a four part series and a bit rough but it was my first video and i was winging it largely.

Forgive me if this is just a little off OP.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Eyewrist yes i knew about the lineage . I would be interested in how Adam and the line to Jesus are in the presence of the Lord .
Remember in... I believe it is in Hebrews , the bible speaks of the first Adam, the physical one and the second Adam the spiritual one (Yeshua). Also Rahab the prostitute is in the lineage along with Ruth who was not a Jew but married one. God protected the lineage for the coming of the Lord... God is NOTHING like us humans; NOTHING. He is PURE LOVE... loving all mankind ...loving all of his creation. Until the Lord touches your heart in a deep manner (or should I say you allow him to) this concept is hard to fathom; your knowledge of God is be limited.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Remember in... I believe it is in Hebrews , the bible speaks of the first Adam, the physical one and the second Adam the spiritual one (Yeshua). Also Rahab the prostitute is in the lineage along with Ruth who was not a Jew but married one. God protected the lineage for the coming of the Lord... God is NOTHING like us humans; NOTHING. He is PURE LOVE... loving all mankind ...loving all of his creation. Until the Lord touches your heart in a deep manner (or should I say you allow him to) this concept is hard to fathom; your knowledge of God is be limited.
Yes i understand and agree with your points , but where is the scripture to support that the linage to Jesus is in the presence of the Lord?.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes i understand and agree with your points , but where is the scripture to support that the linage to Jesus is in the presence of the Lord?.
Mathew 27: 50-53 Give a special look see to verse 53

Old 07-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Ironmaw i have never heard this before about Adam not being there . Do you have a link to this ?

Old 07-12-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I want you all to understand that I am NOT a bible scholar just a regular person who choose to study the word of God. And as I devoted myself to the Lord, HE revealed these things to me through the Holy Spirit. And he continues to do so;reshaping my heart, revealing to me things I never would have understood without him. Do you understand what I am saying?

Old 07-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Interesting

Old 07-12-2009, 05:32 PM

11,907 posts, read 3,734,950 times
Quote:
I want you all to understand that I am NOT a bible scholar just a regular person who choose to study the word of God. And as I devoted myself to the Lord, HE revealed these things to me through the Holy Spirit. And he continues to do so;reshaping my heart, revealing to me things I never would have understood without him. Do you understand what I am saying?
Eyewrist .......... I don't think any of us are bible scholars (I know I am not) and like you, we are seeking truth.

I also don't exactly know what you mean about the lineage of Jesus being equated to Adam now being in the presence of the Lord - do you mean Adam has already been resurrected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity