Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:34 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Why would God be grieved about something that He knew would happen? Why would God repent of making man if He already knew how they would turn out?

(Isaiah 1:18) Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD ...
God can pre-plan to repent. Deuteronomy 32:36, Psalm 135:14
  • Deuteronomy 32:35 To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste. 36 For the LORD shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 11:31 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Quote:
And God foreseen all this, but having foreknowledge of disobedience and sin and being the author of disobedience and sin is very far apart imo.
Hi, I believe that if God had the foreknowledge and brought it into existence, it started or originated with Him. It would not have occurred, if God had not brought it into existence. The clay fell but God knew that it would fall when He began to mold and shape it. God knew that Adam would disobey and brought him into existence with this knowldge and I believe according to His plan. This does not mean that God is evil. Evil in the hand of God not evil as it is in the hands of mankind. God uses evil for good because His motives and purposes are good. Someone can be the author of a book or play and incorporate evil into the storyline for a purpose, but this does not mean that the author is evil. Without the existence of evil we would never have realized the nature of God's love for us, who became His enemies, would never know Him as a Savior and Healer. We would not know what good is unless it is contrasted with evil or even know to choose good over evil, to become transformed into Him image. Transformation involves change and it is the work of God who has the clay in His hands creating His masterpiece even when it falls. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-18-2009 at 11:49 PM..

Old 07-19-2009, 05:30 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,384,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, I believe that if God had the foreknowledge and brought it into existence, it started or originated with Him. It would not have occurred, if God had not brought it into existence. The clay fell but God knew that it would fall when He began to mold and shape it. God knew that Adam would disobey and brought him into existence with this knowldge and I believe according to His plan. This does not mean that God is evil. Evil in the hand of God not evil as it is in the hands of mankind. God uses evil for good because His motives and purposes are good. Someone can be the author of a book or play and incorporate evil into the storyline for a purpose, but this does not mean that the author is evil. Without the existence of evil we would never have realized the nature of God's love for us, who became His enemies, would never know Him as a Savior and Healer. We would not know what good is unless it is contrasted with evil or even know to choose good over evil, to become transformed into Him image. Transformation involves change and it is the work of God who has the clay in His hands creating His masterpiece even when it falls. God bless.
Hi Shana, many scripture speak of people going against Gods WILL/PLAN,

God wanted to draw Jerusalem under His wing, but did not because Jerusalem would not have it.

God wills that none should perish, yet many perish because of lack of knowledge.

To many scriptures tell me Gods WILL is being rebelled against for me to turn around and say that the rebellion is all Gods WILL/PLAN.

Sis I made an answer to all your thoughts on the link, everyone can beleive as they want, but for me I don't call evil good and good evil just because it is applied to God.

What it all comes down to sis is the age/aionious we are in, in this age/aionious Gods will is NOT being done or Jesus taught us to pray a redundent pray, "thy WILL be done on earth just as it is in Heaven".

This is why to me their is rebellion in this age/aionious, it is not until the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of Christ that we will see God will being done on earth, for it is then He will rule and bring all nation into subjection to Him and ALL His will, will be done.

Anyway sis read the link and if you still disagree you disagree, but keep in mind the differences of the ages/aionious as you read.

God bless

Old 07-19-2009, 01:54 PM

14,879 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Quote:

God wanted to draw Jerusalem under His wing, but did not because Jerusalem would not have it.

God wills that none should perish, yet many perish because of lack of knowledge.

To many scriptures tell me Gods WILL is being rebelled against for me to turn around and say that the rebellion is all Gods WILL/PLAN
Hi Pneuma, thanks for you response. Do you believe that God knew that Jerusalem would not have Him and that many would perish? I believe that God knows all things. I believe that the rejection of God by Jerusalem and the state of those who perished was in the plan and according to God's purpose. For example, Paul speaks of God shutting up people in disobedience that He might have mercy upon all. (Romans 11) I believe that God allows disobedience, permits us to rebel ect., but I believe that even all of this is according to what He has purposed in the creation. We had to fall first before we would come to know Him as Savior. Darkness is needed so that the glory of light can be displayed. I also believe that there is a difference in God's revealed will and His intention. I will check out the link. God bless.

Good article
http://www.concordant.org/expohtml/T...l/evil019.html

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 07-19-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Old 07-19-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi pneuma... I could jump in here ... but I won't! Aren't you glad?!! God bless you bro!

Old 07-20-2009, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi Pneuma, thanks for you response. Do you believe that God knew that Jerusalem would not have Him and that many would perish? I believe that God knows all things. I believe that the rejection of God by Jerusalem and the state of those who perished was in the plan and according to God's purpose. For example, Paul speaks of God shutting up people in disobedience that He might have mercy upon all. (Romans 11) I believe that God allows disobedience, permits us to rebel ect., but I believe that even all of this is according to what He has purposed in the creation. We had to fall first before we would come to know Him as Savior. Darkness is needed so that the glory of light can be displayed. I also believe that there is a difference in God's revealed will and His intention. I will check out the link. God bless.

Good article
biblical studies: The Problem Of Evil - Part One - Chapter Nineteen - God's Will and Intention
Hi sis, yes I beleive God foreknew all that would happen, but like I have said having foreknowledge of a thing and planning for that thing to happen are worlds apart.

Yes God shut all men up in disobedience, but I see Him doing that AFTER Adam sinned NOT BEFORE Adam sinned.

God spoke the LAW, Adam broke the LAW, The punishment God said would happen happened. God WARNED Adam about this punishment and God cannot go back on His word; therefore the punishment had to happen.

I know many say we cannot know light without darkness and that may be true, but we can know darkness without entering into habitation with the darkness. Jesus is our example, our way, our light, our truth, and He knew darkness without the darkness in Him.

So to follow Christ is to walk in total obedience, to follow Adam is to walk in disobedience.

Which path is God WILL/PLAN

Obedience unto life or disobedience unto death?

They both cannot be Gods WILL/PLAN else we have a PLAN A and a PLAN B.

For myself I see Gods WILL/PLAN ONLY through Christ, but see Gods provision because of the sin of Adam, through Adam, tis the potter responing to the clay.

But Gods WILL/PLAN has ALWAYS been though Christ.

Gods ways are NOT our ways and there is a way that SEEMETH right unto a man but the end thereof are the ways of death.

What are the ways of man? DEATH

So as Gods ways are NOT mans ways does that not tell us that the way of DEATH is NOT His way?

God bless

Old 07-20-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Hi pneuma... I could jump in here ... but I won't! Aren't you glad?!! God bless you bro!
Hi TKC, you can jump in if you want, I did not really want to go into much discussion on this as I said everything I could in the link I provided, but seems even though I did not want to go into much, God may have it otherwise.

God bless

Old 07-20-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Hi TKC, you can jump in if you want, I did not really want to go into much discussion on this as I said everything I could in the link I provided, but seems even though I did not want to go into much, God may have it otherwise.

God bless
Hey Scott... Forgot you don't know who I am... it's me... Bob... God bless

Old 07-20-2009, 09:51 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,914,585 times
Default huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What is with this fixation to get in the mind of God? Everything is God's will. He does it for His glory
Just curious: is this the sole reason for all things you claim God does? He does everything for His own glorification? You then go on to claim his plan is and always was to oversee the fall of man? How does that glorify Him?

Hmmm.. very confusing. I should fall down on my knees for this concept? Perhaps I'm missing something here....

Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Hey Scott... Forgot you don't know who I am... it's me... Bob... God bless
LOL, Hi Bob I guess you already jumped into this with me on the link.

Good to see you here brother, as always your one of my favorite people to speak to even when we disagree.

I like food for thought and I always get that when we converse.

God bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity