Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Camps did Jesus have two mind or one?

if someone has a double mind they are unstable in all their ways.

Thats us, NOT Christ.
Pneuma He had one mind ,unlike us He is not tempted by the lusts of the flesh .
He was tempted at all points as we are yet without sin. Hebrews 4 : 15

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2 : 8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 09:30 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Camps did Jesus have two mind or one?

if someone has a double mind they are unstable in all their ways.

Thats us, NOT Christ.
Not of a double mind since what came out of it was not sin. But Jesus contended with His OWN flesh which CRAVED to cater to SELF. Jesus as a man desired to eat after being starved. He knew that He could turn rocks into bread and eat but that was similiar to this:

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

It doesn't say that we are tempted when we are drawn away by the lust that Satan gives us but says OUR OWN lust. I believe Jesus had this initial lust to eat but never allowed it to conceive and bring forth sin. This to me is exactly how Jesus Christ by His own Spirit that He demonstrated can save us from our sins.

Now when you consider it from this perspective you will start to come to the conclusion that the more POWER you have the more LUST you could potentially conceive. Since Jesus had such immense Power, you will then realize that because of that, He was actually tempted much more than we are as a result of that.

Paul

Old 08-02-2009, 09:32 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,500,153 times
Who was God talking to in the book of Job when he ask, have you considered my servant Job? Who replied...you have a hedge around him? Take down the hedge and he will curse you to his face. That doesn`t seem like he was talking to Job but someone else.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:37 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Pneuma He had one mind ,unlike us He is not tempted by the lusts of the flesh .
He was tempted at all points as we are yet without sin. Hebrews 4 : 15

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. Hebrews 2 : 8
Camps if he is not tempted by the lust of the flesh, than why do you see the devil in those scriptures as the carnal mind or fleasly mind?

If it was not the carnal mind that tempted Him, what was it?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Camps if he is not tempted by the lust of the flesh, than why do you see the devil in those scriptures as the carnal mind or fleasly mind?

Pneuma

Can i first say if you read my first post on this thread i said i leaned towards it, so back off a little will ya.

I am not saying i believe !00% this to be the truth .

Are you asking why i think the carnal mind is the devil ?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Who was God talking to in the book of Job when he ask, have you considered my servant Job? Who replied...you have a hedge around him? Take down the hedge and he will curse you to his face. That doesn`t seem like he was talking to Job but someone else.
As we stated earlier, Job is a hard fit for this understanding of Satan to not be a stand alone being but I think maybe the book of Job shouldn't possibly be understood literally in that fashion just as we shouldn't literally take the words of the book of Revelation.

Paul

Old 08-02-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:

Yes, it would be His flesh that causes His temptation. The Carnal Mind doesn't exist apart from the flesh - again if it did that would give weight to Satan being a stand alone being.

Paul

Old 08-02-2009, 09:47 AM

From the Job scripture and Luke 4 account we can all agree that the Devil at some point as spoken to God.

Understanding how the devil did i am open to .

Old 08-02-2009, 09:48 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Not of a double mind since what came out of it was not sin. But Jesus contended with His OWN flesh which CRAVED to cater to SELF. Jesus as a man desired to eat after being starved. He knew that He could turn rocks into bread and eat but that was similiar to this:

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

It doesn't say that we are tempted when we are drawn away by the lust that Satan gives us but says OUR OWN lust. I believe Jesus had this initial lust to eat but never allowed it to conceive and bring forth sin. This to me is exactly how Jesus Christ by His own Spirit that He demonstrated can save us from our sins.

Now when you consider it from this perspective you will start to come to the conclusion that the more POWER you have the more LUST you could potentially conceive. Since Jesus had such immense Power, you will then realize that because of that, He was actually tempted much more than we are as a result of that.

Paul
I understand that from our point of view Paul, but as related to Jesus being tempted by His carnal mind show Jesus having a double mind, and goes directly against Jesus saying the prince of this world has NOTHING IN ME.

I have spoken many time in the past with other on this topic Paul and what I have noticed is that God has given them a new layer of what the scriptures are saying and then they turn around and do away with the old layer, as if the old layer is not any longer written in Gods word.

But that is all it is brother, another layer to the onion of scripture, it does not take away the old layer, it adds to it.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:52 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,973 times
Quote:
Bob, lust, Jealousy etc. All the things God created in man are not sinful in and of themselves, else the Spirit sins for it lusts against the flesh and God sins for He is a jealous God.
Yes, normally when we say the word "lust" we are thinking of negative lusts which are evil. But the most basic "lust" meaning of lust is something like "fervant desire". It is what one fervantly desires that makes it sinful or not.

Quote:
So what I see happening is that satan interjected his thoughts into Adam and Eve and played on the lust that God had given them. And I believe this can be seen in the scripture you quoted. It was AFTER satan interjected these thoughts into Eve that she saw that the tree was good for food, pleasant to the eyes and a tree to be desired to make one wise.
Quote:
Before satan spoke to her she never looked at the tree in that fashion.
Yes, I agree.

Last edited by Thy Kingdom Come; 08-02-2009 at 10:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity