Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:25 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,585,545 times

Advertisements

I apologized to Alison and I must admit that Shana is sort of right that in my putting down one's belief that I miscrontrued a thread but it is not as simple as that. I am not putting down one's belief, as universalist you have the right to believe anything you want but you universalist cross the line when you use under handed tactics such as we drown babies in bathtubs, that we hate humanity, that we are self righteous, that we are disobedient, that we send people to insane asylum that somehow we Christians that believe in an eternal hell are some how warped, brainwahed, carnal or even sadistic and that is starting to get to me and then when we argue on that basis alone we are somehow refuting your belief. Is your belief universalism or that somehow we Christians who believe in ET are sick. That's not fair and wearing on me so I have had it with these unfair tactics. I don't like what I am becoming, it is hampering my walk with the Lord arguing with universalist. I don't like what I am becoming. I want to talk about God's love but all these universalism threads does not allow me to do that, I am becoming all negative because I have become the other divorce parent that is not the fun, loving one; I am the one who has become the parent that is the strict one and I don't like that role. I want to talk about God's love! so I have decided to take a break for a little while. I love all you guys and till we meet again.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 08-01-2009 at 01:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 PM

1,711 posts, read 1,905,690 times
Good post fundy.... I agree, I think sometimes we cross the line too... eveything needs to be done out of love and not anger.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:44 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,958,331 times
Yep, we all can be guilty of that as long as people understand that calling people blind and deceived as some assertion of truth to leverage their own point is the same thing.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:45 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I apologized to Alison and I must admit that Shana is sort of right that in my putting down one's belief that I miscrontrued a thread but it is not as simple as that. I am not putting down one's belief, as universalist you have the right to believe anything you want but you universalist cross the line when you use under handed tactics such as we drown babies in bathtubs, that we hate humanity, that we are self righteous, that we are disobedient, that we send people to insane asylum that somehow we Christians that believe in an eternal hell are some how warped, brainwahed, carnal or even sadistic and that is starting to get to me and then when we argue on that basis alone we are somehow refuting your belief. Is your belief universalism or that somehow we Christians who believe in ET are sick. That's not fair and wearing on me so I have had it with these unfair tactics. I don't like what I am becoming, it is hampering my walk with the Lord arguing with universalist. I don't like what I am becoming. I want to talk about God's love but all these universalism threads does not allow me to do that, I am becoming all negative because I have become the other divorce parent that is not the fun, loving one; I am the one who has become the parent that is the strict one and I don't like that role. I want to talk about God's love! so I have decided to take a break for a little while. I love all you guys and till we meet again.
No one is saying you personally are doing it Fundy , it's the spirit of the organized system of the church.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-01-2009 at 03:14 PM..

Old 08-01-2009, 01:57 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,712,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I apologized to Alison and I must admit that Shana is sort of right that in my putting down one's belief that I miscrontrued a thread but it is not as simple as that. I am not putting down one's belief, as universalist you have the right to believe anything you want but you universalist cross the line when you use under handed tactics such as we drown babies in bathtubs, that we hate humanity, that we are self righteous, that we are disobedient, that we send people to insane asylum that somehow we Christians that believe in an eternal hell are some how warped, brainwahed, carnal or even sadistic and that is starting to get to me and then when we argue on that basis alone we are somehow refuting your belief. Is your belief universalism or that somehow we Christians who believe in ET are sicks. That's not fair and wearing on me so I have had it with these unfair tactics. I don't like what I am becoming, it is hamering my walk with the Lord arguing with universalist so I have decided to take a break for a little while. I love all you guys and till we meet again.
Amen....fundamentalist! That is why so many have left this forum! Your not the only one feeling this way!
When one tries to debate with others and then some come in and are constantly belittling and verbally abusing others with just what you posted in your paragraph it does weigh heavy on the heart. And we become just like the offender, trying to defend our position!
I get angry easier these days too and that is not me either. Because it doesn't matter how or what you post some individuals come in and provoke with their little sarcastic remarks and think nothing about it!!

I hear so much about them boasting about the love of God and how they are sharing it......well sorry, but I have yet to see this love of God in a lot of individuals here...
No respect for our faith in Christ!! What is so sad it is when you debate with one you get the who group jumping down your throat and accusing you of the very things their doing.....and that is what upsets me!!
Yes, I'm angry, I don't like what I see here and what is said. It is not of the Lord Jesus Christ! His Spirit will not participate in such awful attitudes.

Take care fundy..... I know with all my heart God is with you and He will keep you, young man!! Rest in Him!!

Blessings

Old 08-01-2009, 02:11 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,161,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Amen....fundamentalist! That is why so many have left this forum! Your not the only one feeling this way!
When one tries to debate with others and then some come in and are constantly belittling and verbally abusing others with just what you posted in your paragraph it does weigh heavy on the heart. And we become just like the offender, trying to defend our position!
I get angry easier these days too and that is not me either. Because it doesn't matter how or what you post some individuals come in and provoke with their little sarcastic remarks and think nothing about it!!

I hear so much about them boasting about the love of God and how they are sharing it......well sorry, but I have yet to see this love of God in a lot of individuals here...
No respect for our faith in Christ!! What is so sad it is when you debate with one you get the who group jumping down your throat and accusing you of the very things their doing.....and that is what upsets me!!
Yes, I'm angry, I don't like what I see here and what is said. It is not of the Lord Jesus Christ! His Spirit will not participate in such awful attitudes.

Take care fundy..... I know with all my heart God is with you and He will keep you, young man!! Rest in Him!!

Blessings
Agreed. Having whole groups of people jumping in and praising messages, although false as some definately are,,is quite tiresome. It is almost a groupie status, where they have been run off of other forums, so like a pack of wolves, they seek to devour anywhere they can, pretending to be sheep.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:15 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Agreed. Having whole groups of people jumping in and praising messages, although false as some definately are,,is quite tiresome. It is almost a groupie status, where they have been run off of other forums, so like a pack of wolves, they seek to devour anywhere they can, pretending to be sheep.
Oh please there is enough eternal torment advocates on here to frighten the lost off for a lifetime.

Why don't you just admit it your organized christian system apple cart as been rattled and you don't know how to deal with it .

Old 08-01-2009, 02:17 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,161,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Oh please there is enough eternal torment advocates on here to frighten the lost off for a lifetime.

Why don't you just admit it your organized christian system apple cart as been rattled and you don't know how to deal with it .
I don't have to "deal" with it. That is the work of the Spirit.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:19 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,043,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

This is what I see, I see the frustrations are due to the inability to refute the scriptures that support universalism. We Universalists are housing inspectors and exposing the House of Eternal Torment as being built on sand. Universalism is built on a ROCK!

Paul

Old 08-01-2009, 02:25 PM

5,524 posts, read 7,361,360 times
I can't believe I'm saying this,
But I liked it better when we papists were the main focus of the wrath
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity