Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:23 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
It doesnt matter what you say, religious freedom is allowed in japan, christians are not persectuted, japanese are not hateful people. If you want to ignore the statistics and say "theres alot of christians in japan" than go ahead, but the facts are there isnt, and the number is decreasing. I only know one christian in all of Japan..and he is half american. Obviously theres 1-3 million, and if i go to a christian meeting group I can see hundreds, but that is because they all go to one area obviously to meet! In the entire nation they are only .5-1% of the population, and that is a fact.
Don't worry there is really barely any Christians in "CHRISTIANITY".

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:25 PM

895 posts, read 2,366,587 times
@ pccamps Also you said "the heart of men to return to him" japanese were never christian or theist, so we cant "return" to something we never were. Thats the problem, many atheists left religion or god. I never left it nor did my ancestors we were never part of it to begin with. Which is why I have such a huge problem undertsanding what you guys believe in.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:27 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Hey NihonKitty i never said there was not religious freedom in Japan , neither did i say return i said turn.

I see a lot of Japanese faces in this video YouTube - Jesus Lifehouse International Church

Old 08-01-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Hey NihonKitty i never said there was not religious freedom in Japan , neither did i say return i said turn.
Sorry about the turn.

Quote:
I see a lot of Japanese faces in this video YouTube - Jesus Lifehouse International Church
So what? What about it? Yout think a few hundred or dozen people represents all of japan? Obviously if you go to a church in japan...you will find christians, it is a meeting place. WHen we are talking about the entire country only .5-1% of japanese are christian. What is that video supposed to prove lol.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Sorry about the turn.
Hey no problem .

Old 08-01-2009, 08:44 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Gravity is already explained as well. Why do we have anything? Hmm what do you mean by that? If there was nothing (imagine only us 2 existed) the question would be "why is there nothing?" answer= we dont know.
If there was just the 2 of us I would definitely want to know who caused that!

Quote:
But thats where we disagree, "something caused it all to start" Why do you say that and how do you know? We dont understand the very early universe, the answer is we simply don't know and nothing else. For example when christians didnt understand modern science/medicine, when people had a cold and sneezed they used religion as you do, to explain things. They said a cold was evil spirits in your body and is why we say bless you after you sneeze. Many religious people use god as a "god of explanations", 2,000 years ago they used him to explain things we have explanations for now, and for the few things we don't have explanations for you still use him as a "god of explanations".
Of course something caused it to start. The big bang theory itself says there was no explosion, then there was an explosion. What triggered it? We don't know is a valid answer. But something did trigger it.

How do you explain life? Evolution by itself doesn't work, but I'm sure you don't agree with that.

Quote:
Hmm what exactly do you mean by this? Will this lead to a morality question? Because you know i will post the statistics of atheist countries :P. Anyways I believe we have free will but it is regulated by society, laws.
No, we don't have free will. We have an influenced will. Even your statement above says we are influenced by society and laws. In fact we are completely influenced by our environment, experiences, and by the circumstances around us. We make choices, but they are not free from influence. This then means every choice we ever make has been predetermined, based on environment, circumstances, and experiences.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Of course something caused it to start. The big bang theory itself says there was no explosion, then there was an explosion. What triggered it? We don't know is a valid answer. But something did trigger it.
The explosion is explained, again have you even read into it? Or are you just expecting me to explain everything to you?

Quote:
How do you explain life? Evolution by itself doesn't work, but I'm sure you don't agree with that.
Why dont you read about it? Again there is already explanations and theories backed by evidence about it. We have even created the building blocks of life, amino acids in laboratories.

Quote:
No, we don't have free will. We have an influenced will. Even your statement above says we are influenced by society and laws. In fact we are completely influenced by our environment, experiences, and by the circumstances around us. We make choices, but they are not free from influence. This then means every choice we ever make has been predetermined, based on environment, circumstances, and experiences.
Right so what's your point about that? Some time long ago japanese elders created stories/myths which resulted in shinto and still affect japanese society today, than came buddhism. There is free will, i can go kill someone tomorrow if i wanted I am free to do so, but yes i am influenced by my culture and society and i have a brain and can think for myself what to do just like a dog doesnt kill it's baby for no reason. But what does this have to do with the thread?

Confucian and Buddhist ideals have the biggest impact on japanese societies and neither of them have a deity.. btw

Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Sorry about the turn.

So what? What about it? Yout think a few hundred or dozen people represents all of japan? Obviously if you go to a church in japan...you will find christians, it is a meeting place. WHen we are talking about the entire country only .5-1% of japanese are christian. What is that video supposed to prove lol.
No i don't Nihonkitty but i also do not believe your opinion on what God is doing in your nation.What you see maybe in small measure , but God will have the Japanese come under the influence of the good news of the gospel , it's already begun and God is greater than the mind of the atheist, God is greater than Buddha.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No i don't Nihonkitty but i also do not believe your opinion on what God is doing in your nation.What you see maybe in small measure , but God will have the Japanese come under the influence of the good news of the gospel , it's already begun and God is greater than the mind of the atheist, God is greater than Buddha.
What is he doing in japan? Japan is ranked the most innovative country in the world for the past 2 years (global economic index), meaning our science is advanced. Japanese always score top in the world in mathematics and science, japanese are becoming more and more atheist or non religious year by year. Why do you keep saying "it's already begun" don't you mean it is ending? Christianity is decreasing, and religion in general is having less and less of an impact. You say god is greater than buddha, or thor or zeus or amaterasu, but what you say doesn't matter it's based on nothing.

Even in the USA atheism is the fastest growing group of americans and is now nearly 15% of americans, western europe is basically entirely agnostic/atheist or at least very secularist especially scandinavia. The only place i see christianity is growing is in poor sub saharan africa.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
What is he doing in japan? Japan is ranked the most innovative country in the world for the past 2 years (global economic index), meaning our science is advanced. Japanese always score top in the world in mathematics and science, japanese are becoming more and more atheist or non religious year by year. Why do you keep saying "it's already begun" don't you mean it is ending? Christianity is decreasing, and religion in general is having less and less of an impact. You say god is greater than buddha, or thor or zeus or amaterasu, but what you say doesn't matter it's based on nothing.

Even in the USA atheism is the fastest growing group of americans and is now nearly 15% of americans, western europe is basically entirely agnostic/atheist or at least very secularist especially scandinavia. The only place i see christianity is growing is in poor sub saharan africa.
What is He doing in Japan ? The same He is doing throughout the world touching lives and hearts.

Nihonkitty how can you speak for every citizen of Japan ? , all you have is stats that can be manipulated.

What you fail to understand like i have already pointed out is there are thousands upon thousands of believers meeting in homes throughout the world including Japan that are not registered so the stats you are quoting are way off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity