Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:39 PM

190 posts, read 687,197 times

Advertisements

Dear FL TN NANA,

I just wanted to say I was thinking of you today, and I hope all is well with you and your family. Stay well and happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 01:23 PM

688 posts, read 2,838,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post
Dear THEFER,

My heart goes out to you and you and your daughter are in my prayers. My grandson in addicted to herion and we have all been suffering for many years.
May God bless you for taking care of your grandchildren. The Lord knows your suffering and His heart breaks over your daughter. He is faithful and I pray He will lead and guide your daugher into a Christian rehab. This is not an easy road, but I hope knowing people care about you will bring you some comfort and hope for your future. God bless you.

Lilybell,

You are also in my prayer for this matter now! Thanks for sharing and I hope more people will come here and continue to share their awesome testimonies of the good that God has done for them! This testimony from gospel, I just was touched so deeply I had to print it and give it to my hubby cause he was wondering why I was up here crying! It was just from the love of God!

Old 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM

190 posts, read 687,197 times
Dear LULU,

Thank you for your prayers. It seems we are all in this together. It's so comforting to share our hearts with others who love the Lord. He must smile when we pray for one another. I hope I never become so selfish as to think of only myself, when I know others are also suffering. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with every thing going on in my own family that I have to stop and come before the Lord and ask for forgiveness. We must be about our Fathers business and He will take care of us. I hope all is well with you and your family also. Have a blessed evening.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:15 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,499,018 times
I have hesitated to share my DH's story because I am sure some will be offended, but I really want to share it.

DH was a pro-golfer and worked at a country club. He tore his rotator cuff and God used that to get him out of golf (not that there was anything wrong with golf, it just wasn't where God wanted him.) So he worked at a car dealership for a while.

Anyway, he was not a believer, but knew he was missing out on something and so he decided to go to a Mormon church because he liked the image they presented....clean cut, family oriented, etc...but he had no idea what they believed.

Around that time he decided to just pray. He was driving down PCH in SoCal and said, "Ok, if there is a God out there, show me how to find you."

THAT WEEK God brought a pastor and a Christian to his car dealership to buy cars and both of them invited him to Hope Chapel in Redondo Beach, CA!!!!

He went for a visit, got saved, got baptized and has been living for the Lord ever since!

He had been a believer for about 4 years when I met him.

Just a testimony to me of how God WILL find us when we seek him.

Dawn

Old 06-01-2007, 11:42 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,015,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
I have hesitated to share my DH's story because I am sure some will be offended, but I really want to share it.

DH was a pro-golfer and worked at a country club. He tore his rotator cuff and God used that to get him out of golf (not that there was anything wrong with golf, it just wasn't where God wanted him.) So he worked at a car dealership for a while.

Anyway, he was not a believer, but knew he was missing out on something and so he decided to go to a Mormon church because he liked the image they presented....clean cut, family oriented, etc...but he had no idea what they believed.

Around that time he decided to just pray. He was driving down PCH in SoCal and said, "Ok, if there is a God out there, show me how to find you."

THAT WEEK God brought a pastor and a Christian to his car dealership to buy cars and both of them invited him to Hope Chapel in Redondo Beach, CA!!!!

He went for a visit, got saved, got baptized and has been living for the Lord ever since!

He had been a believer for about 4 years when I met him.

Just a testimony to me of how God WILL find us when we seek him.

Dawn
Dawn, that is a wonderful testimony! I can't understand for the life of me why anyone would be offended by it! God WILL find us when we are ready, however we have to be open to accepting Him...just as your husband was! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Old 06-02-2007, 02:47 AM

743 posts, read 2,235,556 times
I have been inspired by many of the testimonies here...My testimony will be unlike any on this thread. I have contemplated whether to post or not, but felt compelled, since it is my experience, what has happened in my walk of faith....Here goes..........

I was raised in an upper-middle class Catholic family in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pa. I attended Catholic school through high school. Although I identified w/ the catholic faith, I felt more "culturally" catholic.

During my college years in the 80's I fell in love and at 19 found myself pregnant. I was petrified and confused and devastated. Like many others who shared this intimate detail of theif life, I resorted to an abortion. I lived with the agony, secrecy, shame and grief that abortion brings for many years.

Fast forward (as Hoosier says) to 24 when I've met the man of my dreams, the one I will marry (whom I am presently married to...3 kids later). He is also a catholic and we get married in the catholic church because we feel it is the right thing to do, even though neither of us is practicing anything (in fact we actually lived togerther for just under a year before marriage).

A few years into our marriage a friend of ours starts telling us about events in Yugoslavia that he's heard about. Supposedly, the Blessed Virgin Mary is appearing to people there and giving messages. We were so intrigued by this we wanted to know more. We read and discussed everything we could about this small farming village, Medjugordgie, Yugoslavia where the appartitions of Our Lady was allegedly happening.

In the summer of 1991, when the beginning of the war broke out, we decided we wanted to go to Yugoslavia and see for ourselves. At the time, we were young, living on small salaries outside expensive Wash, DC and in college school loans up to our ears. We both felt so strongly about going that we talked to my husbands brothers and sisters and convinced them to go w/ us.....we even payed the bill for most of them.....it literally drained our savings account....we spent every cent we had at the time in bringing his siblings to Medjugordje. Interestingly, after a few months, the money in our bank account was back to where it was initially. We don't know how it was replenished, but it was.....

While in Medjugordge we experienced so many "personal miracles', that I don't know even where to begin. One of the most profound experiences was when there was a healing service with the priest directly after Mass. Fr. Jozo was laying hands on people as they were coming up pew by pew. As a catholic, I had not had much exposure to this before. I saw people going up, hands being laid upon their head and then them falling back while others were there to sort of "catch" them......

There was something very special about this particular day....it was the anniversay day of my abortion 7 years ago. Before approaching, I prayed to the Holy Spirit for complete healing from this abortion....emitional, physical, psychological and spiritual. Well, what happened next was miraculous.....I watched intently (again, this is not typical of catholic to see or do) as people were prayed over and fell backwards. When I approached, Fr. Jozo he laid hand over my head, as well...then,, he took a step down, put his hand over my stomach for a minute and then put his hand back on my head, and then I fell backwards, "slain in the spirit"....I went back to the pew wondering "did this really happnen? Did he really touch my stomach and heal me? Could this really be happening?" So, I watched hundreds of others approach, and not once did I see him lay hands on anyone's stomach.

My husband and I had many other experiences in Medjugordge, Yugoslavia to mention here. We smelled the distinct fragrance of roses at certain times, especially while the Blessed Mother was appearing to the visionaries or when we were praying the rosary, either in Medjugorge or here back home . We climed the mountain in Yugoslavai where the children first had seen Our Lady and had other "supernatural" expereiences there.

Overall, when we came back to the US, we started to see changes in ourselves. We came back to the Church and attended Mass, first weekly, then daily. We read the Bible and signed up for Bible study classes. We read the lives of the Saints, we prayed daily, we read the Faith of our Fathers, and anything we could get our hands on......we were on fire for the Lord and we had a zeal that we had never experienced before. We started a weekly prayer group in our home which eventually grew to abou 30 young people our age and we maintained that for years until we had children.

There are soooo many other things that happened to myself and my husband during the next few years that it is very overwhelming. One story I will share is how my husband had this "nagging" feeling that he should learn one of the prayers called the "Memorare".....so, he memorizes this praryer. A few weeks later we go to Pittsbugh to visit his family and we decide to go to confession at a local church. Well....the priest gives a penance....usually some prayers to say or some good deeds to do....this time the priest says to my husband "For you penance, say the Memorare...do you know this prayer?"....to which my husband says....yes, actuallly, I do. He later told me that in all his 20 plus years in confession, he had never, ever had a priest aks him to say the Memorare for his penance. I've never heard it as penance either.

I know some of this sounds really hokey and outlandish. I realize that. But, my husband and I have experienced this and hearing about the apparitions at Medjogordie and going there has brought us back to the Chruch, back to our faith and back to Christ. Mary's message there has always been "Pray, Pray, Pray....come back to my Son" and also pray for peace....peace between countries, between families....pray for the Peace of Christ.

All of this happened in 1991 and since then, his brothers and sisters have also developed a deep relationship w/ Christ. The friend who originally told us about the events years ago has since been ordained a priest in the Pittsburgh diocese.

This expereince has changed our lives forever......without this, I don't know what, if anyhing, we woule be practicing now. I realize this is very different from the other testimonies here. I only ask that all be respectful and realize this is my expereience, MY TESTIMONY, where God was changed in me forever.

I am not sure I ever really had a deep relationship w/ Christ before. I know I alwyas prayed to God when I needed something or when I was down and out. But now, I have grown soooo much w/ my love for the Lord, His Word, His sacraments and His Church. I feel like we the sheep....we were lost, but now we have been found.

Praise be Jesus Christ Now and Forever!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:26 AM

743 posts, read 2,235,556 times
I forgot to mention after the laying on of hands by the priest, Fr. Jozo....I was still wondering if this could be an actual healing.....so, I'm leaving the church and this young woman I didn't know walk up to me and says "I saw Fr. Jozo do something different to you....I saw him put his hand over your stomach....I was just wondering....do you have an illness?" I said, "No, but 7 years ago toady I had an abortion." She said, "I think you've just been healed."

Old 06-02-2007, 07:58 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,792,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
This expereince has changed our lives forever......without this, I don't know what, if anyhing, we woule be practicing now. I realize this is very different from the other testimonies here. I only ask that all be respectful and realize this is my expereience, MY TESTIMONY, where God was changed in me forever.

I am not sure I ever really had a deep relationship w/ Christ before. I know I alwyas prayed to God when I needed something or when I was down and out. But now, I have grown soooo much w/ my love for the Lord, His Word, His sacraments and His Church. I feel like we the sheep....we were lost, but now we have been found.

Praise be Jesus Christ Now and Forever!
Beth Ann,

What a beautiful testimony! My husband has been to Madjagorie (sp?) also. Not of healing like yours, but he had such beautiful experiences. His uncle also went and I have heard a story where he also had the laying on of the hands and "passed out". He said that at the time he was praying for his sister and brohter (both in the states). They can all retell a story of something happening to them at the time that he was praying. I have heard others tell of simply amazing things that have happened to them also when the traveled there.

God Bless you and your family...

Weather...

Old 06-05-2007, 05:12 PM

465 posts, read 2,428,166 times
Well, I had put in a prayer request on the prayer request forum, but now I can give a testimony about that prayer being answered today. I had requested prayer to past my nursing school exams today, so I would qualify for graduation, and God Blessed!! There was such emotion for me, I began crying when we received our final grades, and I was told I had passed. The whole class was emotional. Nursing school is so challenging, some of us weren't sure we'd make it. I studied for four days straight, day and night, never leaving my house; going to bed early, waking up early, grinding, grinding, grinding. Praise God it has paid off!! Graduation will be next week! Thank you all that prayed for me. I'm a testimony that Jesus still lives!

Now I have to take the State Board Examination for Georgia to get my nursing license, but that won't be until July. I'll put in another prayer request at that time!!

Everybody stay strong with whatever you're going thru in this life. Jesus is still working miracles everyday. Remember, this is not our home. Just know, when you're feel down, LOOK UP!! God is with you!

Old 06-05-2007, 05:37 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,015,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
Well, I had put in a prayer request on the prayer request forum, but now I can give a testimony about that prayer being answered today. I had requested prayer to past my nursing school exams today, so I would qualify for graduation, and God Blessed!! There was such emotion for me, I began crying when we received our final grades, and I was told I had passed. The whole class was emotional. Nursing school is so challenging, some of us weren't sure we'd make it. I studied for four days straight, day and night, never leaving my house; going to bed early, waking up early, grinding, grinding, grinding. Praise God it has paid off!! Graduation will be next week! Thank you all that prayed for me. I'm a testimony that Jesus still lives!

Now I have to take the State Board Examination for Georgia to get my nursing license, but that won't be until July. I'll put in another prayer request at that time!!

Everybody stay strong with whatever you're going thru in this life. Jesus is still working miracles everyday. Remember, this is not our home. Just know, when you're feel down, LOOK UP!! God is with you!
OH HOW WONDERFUL!!!! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!!!!!!

God DOES answer our prayers! He is really amazing! Sometimes we cannot see what He has in store for us, but it always seems to pay off...
Please DO remind us in July and we will be MORE THAN HAPPY to pray for you again! Also...do me a favor and give this update in the prayer request forum as well! Everyone there will be very happy to see what God has done for you in answering your PRAYERS!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity