Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:20 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,958,838 times

Advertisements

Jesus' prophecy:

Quote:
And the high priest answered and said to Him, "I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!" 64 Jesus said to him, "It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you [Caiaphas] will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven." Matt. 26:63-64
Caiaphas did indeed live to see Jesus return in the clouds and with great glory. He would have to have, otherwise Jesus' prophecy would have been false.

Josephus, the ancient world's most respected historian:

Quote:
“Besides these, a few days after that feast, on the one and twentieth day of the month Artemisius, [Iyar,] a certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon appeared: I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armor were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities." (Josephus, The Wars, Book VI, Chapter 5, Section 3)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,448,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Jesus' prophecy:

Caiaphas did indeed live to see Jesus return in the clouds and with great glory. He would have to have, otherwise Jesus' prophecy would have been false.

Josephus, the ancient world's most respected historian:

I don't know what book that is you are referring to, but according to the scriptures: "every eye shall see Him, including those that pierced Him" all means all, including you and I.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,511,180 times
Did Jesus Make a Physical Return in the Clouds in 70 AD?

To answer your question:
No.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:04 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,505,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I don't know what book that is you are referring to, but according to the scriptures: "every eye shall see Him, including those that pierced Him" all means all, including you and I.
All means all? Are you sure?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Well, Betsey, you very subtly (but not successfully ) evaded my pointed question: Jesus made a prophecy DIRECTLY to Caiaphas that Caiaphas himself would see Jesus literally return to earth with great glory in the clouds:

Quote:
"I say to you, hereafter you [Caiaphas] will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven."
Now, did Caiaphas see Jesus return or was Jesus either mistaken in His prophecy or lying to Caiaphas?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:34 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
All means all? Are you sure?
I was thinking the exact same thing .

Old 08-25-2009, 04:45 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,755,909 times
It was this wrangling which led to the Christian-Jew schism in the first century

Just give Titus his due, he was a brilliant general and he quelled a rebellion for his father

Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 PM

Betsey? Earth to Betsey? I guess Betsey flew the coop. My heavens, it is a simple enough question. There are only two choices. Either:

A. Caiaphas saw Jesus' literal return to earth as Jesus promised him He would

OR

B. Jesus was lying or mistaken.

I'll pose the question to anyone. Which is it, A or B?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:32 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,416,454 times
Daniel 7:13 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven.

He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Yes, Caiaphas saw the fulfillment of Daniel's vision, whether he realized it or not. But I don't think it is what you're trying to make of it.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Daniel 7:13 "In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven.

He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.

14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

Yes, Caiaphas saw the fulfillment of Daniel's vision, whether he realized it or not. But I don't think it is what you're trying to make of it.
Well, then, if I understand you, when Jesus spoke those words to Caiaphas He was speaking of a symbolic return, not a literal one, would that be what you're saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity