Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 10:37 AM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,340 times

Advertisements

I know a lady that used to attend worship service at our assembly and is now going to a Messianic Jewish assembly and a few that went with her are sorely confused , she still attends our bible study occasionaly, but when she does she sows seeds of doubt and discord, and claim that eatingh certain things are contrary to the truth, and believe in the Levitical Law word for word.
Could someone that is of the Messianic persuasion, shed some light on some of these basic topics, and the observance of Sabbath and it's relation to Christianity? and those that have converted from traditional Christianity .
Thanks In Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 10:39 AM

I also will not abandon this thread, I will be in and out temporarily until I can gt the DSL squared away
Thanks

Old 09-05-2009, 02:18 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,234,600 times
I am familiar with Messianic Judaism. I love it! Messianic perspectives can really really add to one's understanding of the old Testament. I heard an interesting perspective on prophecy in relation to 9/11 yesterday from Jonathan Kohn on You Tube, and I'll share it with you if you're interested. It is so cool!

It sounds to me like this lady might be hooked up with a synagogue that is unbalanced toward legalistic concepts, at least in a few areas. As far as the Levitical Law goes, that merits some discussion and parsing, I think. About the Sabbath? Well, it is on Saturday after all! The gentile calendar even shows that Saturday is the last day of the Week. But, I don't feel that those who worship on Sunday are in the wrong.

The problem is, none of us can be sure when Saturday really is, anymore. Look at it logically. How do we know that the anniversary of the original day of rest doesn't fall on our Wednesday now? Or Friday? We have a 14.28 percent chance that we've got the right day! The next time a 7th Day Adventist picks on you, just ask him if he really knows when Saturday is for sure.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:29 PM

154 posts, read 276,329 times
http://www.biblicalholidays.com/Excerpts/excerpts.htm (broken link)

YashaNet HomePage

MBI FAQ Sheet

Hebraic Roots of Christianity Global Network

you should find everything you need to know and then some at the above .....

Old 09-05-2009, 05:34 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
I am familiar with Messianic Judaism. I love it! Messianic perspectives can really really add to one's understanding of the old Testament. I heard an interesting perspective on prophecy in relation to 9/11 yesterday from Jonathan Kohn on You Tube, and I'll share it with you if you're interested. It is so cool!

It sounds to me like this lady might be hooked up with a synagogue that is unbalanced toward legalistic concepts, at least in a few areas. As far as the Levitical Law goes, that merits some discussion and parsing, I think. About the Sabbath? Well, it is on Saturday after all! The gentile calendar even shows that Saturday is the last day of the Week. But, I don't feel that those who worship on Sunday are in the wrong.

The problem is, none of us can be sure when Saturday really is, anymore. Look at it logically. How do we know that the anniversary of the original day of rest doesn't fall on our Wednesday now? Or Friday? We have a 14.28 percent chance that we've got the right day! The next time a 7th Day Adventist picks on you, just ask him if he really knows when Saturday is for sure.
Well, we can be certain that Jesus knew which was the right day - he kept the seventh day holy and the sequence of days has never changed from that time forward until now.

HK

Old 09-05-2009, 05:36 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
I know a lady that used to attend worship service at our assembly and is now going to a Messianic Jewish assembly and a few that went with her are sorely confused , she still attends our bible study occasionaly, but when she does she sows seeds of doubt and discord, and claim that eatingh certain things are contrary to the truth, and believe in the Levitical Law word for word.
Could someone that is of the Messianic persuasion, shed some light on some of these basic topics, and the observance of Sabbath and it's relation to Christianity? and those that have converted from traditional Christianity .
Thanks In Advance

Hmmmm.... ask her about this verse:

Deu 25:11 "When men fight with one another and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts,
Deu 25:12 then you shall cut off her hand. Your eye shall have no pity.

HK

Old 09-06-2009, 12:22 AM

Default Yowzah~~~~!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Hmmmm.... ask her about this verse:

Deu 25:11 "When men fight with one another and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts,
Deu 25:12 then you shall cut off her hand. Your eye shall have no pity.

HK

Wheeeee Doggies !! HK
Very good, awesome response ()
I will mention this the next time she tries to bug me about going to her place of worship
and I can't wait to hear the response
Hmmmmmmmmmmm .... very interesting
Thanks for your response

Old 09-06-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post

Thanks for your input and for the You Tube link

God Bless You and a rep!!

Old 09-06-2009, 08:51 AM

154 posts, read 276,329 times
I don't know... reading that one reply left me feeling sad... its as if your trying to find something just so you can say "IN YOUR FACE"..... why not try to understand and then go at it in love? Perhaps you'd even learn something if you tried to understand why she believes this way..... Is that such a bad thing?!
This is why even myself has such a hard time believing anything when those who call themselves such behave in such a way... This can't be what G-d would want you to do..... Maybe seek H-s advice. If this person is truly a friend, you should..... especially if you want to keep this friendship go about this carefully. Going to her or him in love works so much better than trying to one up them or twist things to make them feel bad..... I don't know.... thats just how I see this going and would advise another way.

but who am I..... You do as you feel lead.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm25 View Post
Biblical Holidays Jewish Feasts Reveal Messiah Yeshua -Jesus, Yom Kippur Dayes of Awe, Sukkoth (http://www.biblicalholidays.com/Excerpts/excerpts.htm - broken link)

YashaNet HomePage

MBI FAQ Sheet

Hebraic Roots of Christianity Global Network

you should find everything you need to know and then some at the above .....

Many thanks to you
God Bless You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity