Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 04:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times

Advertisements

I found this interesting... I will not post the whole thing and their reasoning for it but HOLY COW... well worth studying!

Here is the Link: Doctrines to be Rejected

Some highlights of what the Bible does not teach:

- that the Sovereign Almighty Creator of all things, had a beginning.
- that Yahweh created the globe and all things in 7 literal 24-hour days.
- that angels (celestial beings) can have intercourse with daughters of men.
- that the laws of Yahweh, given only to Israel, are for all the races on the globe.
- that every word in the Bible is without error and inspired by Yahweh.
- that there is a place of eternal hell fire.
- that the Kingdom of God, or of heaven, is coming in the future.
- that the resurrection from the dead is only for faithful believers.
- that the book of Revelation deals with future prophecy applicable in this age.
- that any books of the Bible, including the book of Revelation were written after AD 70.
- that without the Gospel message, or faith in Yahshua, there is no salvation.

Pretty thought provoking!!! I'm thinking of joining the church, seriously.
Why shouldn't I... Please go to the link and show me why I shouldn't join their congregation!!!! And of all wonders they are located right down the street from me!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 04:39 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,828 times
- that marriage with an unbeliever, or miscegenation among the races is permitted.

Okay this is in that list. Does this mean that the group promoting this thinks that different races cannot be married?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
- that marriage with an unbeliever, or miscegenation among the races is permitted.

Okay this is in that list. Does this mean that the group promoting this thinks that different races cannot be married?
it means that: the bible does not teach-that marriage with an unbeliever among the races is permitted.

From the site (Assembly of Yahweh, Cascade - Beliefs): "We believe that Homosexuality, Adultery (miscegenation, race mixing), Fornication, Abortion, etc., are all abominations to YHWH and forbidden for Israelites, and we do not accept these behaviors as acceptable or moral. These perverted actions are also violations of YHWH’s General Laws and any such violations by man will always result in punishment and/or severe consequences. There are no "free rides" when the laws of YHWH are broken. Furthermore, all religious organizations whose leaders and congregations willfully accept such behaviors are pseudo-believers. Attendance to their services should be avoided by those who walk in or are seeking to obey the Commandments of YHWH."

I don't know if this comes from the passage in Genesis 6 that some consider angels marrying women or if they think this on a purely genetic level as being responsible for some maladies or simply to preserve individual races so that the earth is diverse but good question!

I'd like to know the reasoning behind it as well, and also to know if then they suppose that would mean interracial marriage causes separation from YHWH/God... From all the other info on the site I would suppose that they believe it is as eating unclean foods, ie if you eat them you may get sick. Not a matter of the spirit or soul as much a matter to the body. Does that make sense?

Old 07-03-2010, 07:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I found this interesting... I will not post the whole thing and their reasoning for it but HOLY COW... well worth studying!

- that the laws of Yahweh, given only to Israel, are for all the races on the globe.
- that the book of Revelation deals with future prophecy applicable in this age.
- that any books of the Bible, including the book of Revelation were written after AD 70.

Why shouldn't I... Please go to the link and show me why I shouldn't join their congregation!!!! And of all wonders they are located right down the street from me!

Thanks!
Using scripture...prove them wrong...

Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,249 times
Quote:

Thanks!
"I'm thinking of joining the church, seriously".

YES!! Please go! Matter of fact, you should have been there since yesterday!! And that they're located "right down the street from me"! Girrl, it's sign! Go now! Rooting for you!! Seriously!!

http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/4.gif (broken link)

Old 07-03-2010, 01:06 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:

Thanks!
When they start to load the "Jews" into trains, then it may be time to leave.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:46 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times
Hey Kat - have you gone to a service there? Just curious.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
If they don't allow interracial marriages - I'm screwed! I'm half Japanese and half German, Russian, Bohemian and Dutch! Oh well - I'm already married. Nothing I can do about that now...

Old 07-03-2010, 03:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,572,529 times
Quote:

Thanks!
If there is a fee/tithe...I advice you not to...

Old 07-03-2010, 03:33 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,907 times
Why go to a church that preaches false doctrine. That church is really messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity