Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In the Scenario Laid Out Below Do The UR'er & the NA'er Walk Into Heaven Together?
Yes 0 0%
No 9 100.00%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,188,779 times

Advertisements

I don't believe the "confession" is what He will look for at that point - this is what I've been saying that I don't agree with when it comes to fundamental destinies for believers.

God will have nothing less than holiness in the spirits of the saints, and all those that enter in - I believe it's His standard by which we must be conformed in order to be accepted. So unless the two "timers" went off at the same time - no, they don't go in together.

Besides, do you really think they're going to be concentrating on one person's doctrine compared to the other's at that point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 10:45 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,036,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I don't believe the "confession" is what He will look for at that point - this is what I've been saying that I don't agree with when it comes to fundamental destinies for believers.

God will have nothing less than holiness in the spirits of the saints, and all those that enter in - I believe it's His standard by which we must be conformed in order to be accepted. So unless the two "timers" went off at the same time - no, they don't go in together.

Besides, do you really think they're going to be concentrating on one person's doctrine compared to the other's at that point?
Yes, this is the problem with the poll question, because as you say the conformance is the key here. Some will not be conformed until after their physical deaths (post resurrection) while others were conformed before such (such as the Apostles and other firstfruits).

Old 09-07-2009, 12:15 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,941,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Yes, this is the problem with the poll question, because as you say the conformance is the key here. Some will not be conformed until after their physical deaths (post resurrection) while others were conformed before such (such as the Apostles and other firstfruits).
I don't get it. The NA'er was "conformed" the moment he said "Man, UR, you were right. Jesus really WAS the way. I shouldn't have lived the sinful lifestyle I did. Lord, Jesus, I didn't know that then but I know it now. Please forgive me and let me into Your kingdom". Isn't that what sinners will learn from their stint in torment when they have been purified? The NA'er just learned it right away, therefore by his confession before the Lord he should be allowed to enter heaven immediately along with the UR'er. If not, please explain why NA'er does not get in despite his humble confession before Jesus.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,536,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What about the rapture resurrection?
The word rapture isn't in the Bible... So I listed all the resurrections that are in the bible.

1 Cor. 15 and Rev 20 describe them in the same manner.

There is no "rapture" as is taught today. It is a doctrine not found in the bible.

Either way, the city of jerusalem (which does not exist today) is destroyed after the 1000 years .. so that would be 70AD. And a new spiritual one is built. so... I think the mass resurrections are over.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:41 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,036,381 times
Quote:
I don't get it. The NA'er was "conformed" the moment he said "Man, UR, you were right. Jesus really WAS the way. I shouldn't have lived the sinful lifestyle I did. Lord, Jesus, I didn't know that then but I know it now. Please forgive me and let me into Your kingdom". Isn't that what sinners will learn from their stint in torment when they have been purified? The NA'er just learned it right away, therefore by his confession before the Lord he should be allowed to enter heaven immediately along with the UR'er. If not, please explain why NA'er does not get in despite his humble confession before Jesus.
Thrillobyte, I'm still leaving you in the darkness that you desired. You will have to pose your question for someone else.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I cannot say that I agree with trettep in the specifics of time and place but what is wrong with the poll is:

Had you asked... Will the URer and the NAer both enter the kingdom? Then yes. But you didn't; you asked if they went in together hand in hand.

The response has been that you face Jesus alone. It is between you and Jesus. Then you enter the Kingdom alone.

Now, I don't believe any of this physically happens. "in a twinkling of an eye" sin is destroyed and we are changed. But it doesn't matter anyway in the discussion if we are trying to answer your question as presented.

The answer is still: No, it is a personal thing, one goes then the other. Not hand in hand. That is what I believe the Bible says.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:49 PM

Thank you kat, I understand a heck of a lot more now about the matter. And at least you're civil about responding, which is more than I can say for others.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 PM

Last edited by thrillobyte; 09-07-2009 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: delete

Old 09-07-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

Exactly! And then we'd have to discuss when death occurs... When the body stops working? the mind? when the heart stops beating...

Whatever time is yours...you go. his time... he goes. Will your time be same as his? The bible doesn't elaborate on that but I believe there are many times it says it is a personal thing. Christians say these same things over and over..its between you and God, by the blood of Christ, when it's your time to go.

Eph 3:6 "This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus."

Old 09-07-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Thank you kat, I understand a heck of a lot more now about the matter. And at least you're civil about responding, which is more than I can say for others.
DISCLAIMER! PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING
The reason I can be civil (and I am not perfect! I get frustrated all the time) is that I don't believe the Bible being literal for today. The language tells me it was meant for then. But I study it, love to read it, and use it for application in my spiritual life.

So when I discuss this with you it is not a matter of life and death.

You aren't going into eternal damnation any more than I am and I'm pretty sure by reading your posts that you struggle with the same things I do in life and you obviously know what is right/good to do in the same way I do... Soooo in essence you could say: I loved you as myself. That's all I'm commissioned to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity