Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 05:03 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,540,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
you believe in it but do your own thing is that right?

peace
Kinda... I don't believe the Bible tells me not to jump off a building... I figure that out for myself.
I don't believe the Bible tells of a Trinity, as you take it to mean, ie three separate beings. There is only one creator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Read your bible, then you will understand.

The Holy Spirit is a part of Jesus.

There is only one God, three roles.
How does God give himself to himself?

In other words, how does God give His Spirit to Jesus who is God already?

Old 09-07-2009, 05:12 PM

208 posts, read 350,163 times
Quote:
Read your bible, then you will understand.

The Holy Spirit is a part of Jesus.

There is only one God, three roles.

roles of God I understand that, so how do you get trinity from roles of God?

are you afraid to say three persons of the Godhead?

Old 09-07-2009, 05:13 PM

208 posts, read 350,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Kinda... I don't believe the Bible tells me not to jump off a building... I figure that out for myself.
I don't believe the Bible tells of a Trinity, as you take it to mean, ie three separate beings. There is only one creator.

i know the is no trinty.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
i know the is no trinty.
I thought that may be the case... I hope to see MissShawn respond. Hopefully with more love less abrasiveness.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:38 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,309,020 times
I don't use the word Trinity, but The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit is a real God. You may not agree, but its true.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
How does God give himself to himself?

In other words, how does God give His Spirit to Jesus who is God already?
LOL, He didn't give Jesus His Spirit. A part of God came to earth, a part of Himself.

How did God create the world, geee, if He can do that, then the same God that created the world, can send His Son in a womb. It's not hard to understand.

I take it if you want to know, then read the bible, then go to God and ask Him yourself, since I take it you are having a hard time understanding the explanation from humans.

If I really want to know something, I go to the source, me personally, I don't ask important questions on line, that is just my thing. There is nothing wrong with it, but sometimes people can't make you understand something. Go to the source.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
roles of God I understand that, so how do you get trinity from roles of God?

are you afraid to say three persons of the Godhead?
Actually, I am not. Most people get confused when you say three persons of the Godhead. So, I try to use simple terms that might help someone understand.

When you say three persons that equals one God, fuses get blown as if it is really that hard to understand, but I do understand that everyone's comprehension level is not the same.

I am not getting Trinity from roles of God. God has many roles and appears as He sees fit. He saw fit to be a Father, a Son, and The Holy Spirit.

If you have questions on why, then that is a question for Him. I only know what I read, and what He reveals to me. I can't say why He chose to do things that way.

I am a daughter, aunt, niece, cousion, but I am still the same person. Three roles, same person. This is how I look at God. You may see something else, but that is how you see it.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
LOL, He didn't give Jesus His Spirit. A part of God came to earth, a part of Himself.

How did God create the world, geee, if He can do that, then the same God that created the world, can send His Son in a womb. It's not hard to understand.

I take it if you want to know, then read the bible, then go to God and ask Him yourself, since I take it you are having a hard time understanding the explanation from humans.

If I really want to know something, I go to the source, me personally, I don't ask important questions on line, that is just my thing. There is nothing wrong with it, but sometimes people can't make you understand something. Go to the source.
In reference to Matt 3:16 "And having been baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water, and lo, opened to him were the heavens, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him,"

In scripture, Jesus is another person. Not joined to God. And the spirit of God came upon him.

Luke 4:1 "And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, turned back from the Jordan, and was brought in the Spirit to the wilderness,"

So if Jesus is one of the Godheads of God... How can the spirit of God come upon God?

So are you Binitarian, Bitheist, trinitarian? Just for clarification.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:55 PM

193 posts, read 289,470 times
Quote:
Does this mean you believe in a trinity of gods making one God... or do you believe that God is all forms thus having the characteristics of each.

I don't see the trinity as taught in scripture.

The following is copied and pasted from (1John 5:7–8; - Passage*Lookup - New International Version - BibleGateway.com):

1 John 5: 7,8 NIV
7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.
Footnotes:
  1. 1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the sixteenth century)
And I believe this causes much confusion in the church, which also brings along these honestly asked questions (ie, the OP).
I believe in One God who has revealed himself to us in different ways at different times. I also believe Jesus was both human and Divine. But I still also believe in this life it will always be a mystery to us......the more someone seems to 'have it all figured out' and the less humble they are....the less I think they understand. I refuse to get into arguments over the Godhead for that reason though.

I don't believe there is a 'heavenly panel'.

KJV And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

It doesn't say he will pour out a spirit or the spirit refering to another......God said he would pour out his very own spirit.

Also, I've heard strong debate as to wether John 5:7 is inspired or if it was added later by the RCC. It doesn't change my beliefs, but I've read this. Maybe someone else has seen this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity