Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:36 PM

64,026 posts, read 40,336,559 times

Advertisements

The concepts of punishment and torment are bogus as are the rationalizations for why a loving God would require it of His children. This should not tempt us to conclude there are no consequences for failure to tune our "soul song" to the proper key of LOVE. All failures have their consequences and most are not pleasant or positive. Failure to understand and abide by God's "law of gravity" will have unpleasant consequences . . . as will any other such "laws" . . . but they are in no way punishments . . . just consequences. The idea of an eternal consequence for ANYTHING accomplished in a less than 100+ years or so lifespan is ludicrous on its face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 10:01 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,456,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Betsey the belief that there's a hell that is hardly a best kept secret when most of christendom believes it exists and has put most of the known world in fear of it.
Tell it to the "unbeliever's".

Old 09-20-2009, 01:32 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,782,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hell/eternal torment = Absolute EPITOME of evil.

There is nothing MORE evil than the idea that God (who is love) will cast even ONE human soul into eternal darkness.

You could not possibly think of anything MORE evil.

It is the Apex.

The Epitome.

The darkest, most evil idea in existence.

And it is on the wide path of destruction.
It will be destroyed.
Hallelujah.
You know just before i came to understand the word of reconciliation, i had a dream that was very strange. In reflection i can now see the effect the dream had on my mind and how it was instrumental in preparing me for this truth.

IN my dream i was on some giant castle grounds ... More like a massive palace with multiple divisions spread out over a very large area. IN this palace we were celebrating some event. I began wandering around the place exploring the different rooms in the main building. Every room had a different theme. Almost like they represented certain spiritual truths or lessons. I was wandering around and i came across a room that was like an endless maze. It was like the city streets Paris in the 1700's ... But like a slum. Narrow streets, dingy gray sky and washed out colors. I looked into the room and just looking through the door was like being in the maze itself as if it were sucking me in. It was as if my mind were in the maze itself searching through the streets. I saw a little boy, who was sitting on the side of the street, crying because he was lost in the maze and couldn't find his way out. I was filled with a terrible sadness and a sense of terrible doom. I knew i was in danger just because i was seeing this place. I couldn't just walk away and leave him. So i plunged into the room and was somehow able to grab him and bring him out before i was lost in there with him. Thinking about it now, it was as if i was stuck in the maze just by looking in the room. It was as if i couldn't escape until i found the boy and retrieved him, only then was i able to finally look/walk away ... I remember that this made me think that the only way i could be saved is by not allowing anyone to be lost. I cant say that was my exact thought at that time, but i know now that was the inclination.

After that I remember going into the massive court yard where there were two stages erected. One was smaller, and myself and a crowd of people were sitting on it. The other was much larger and had multiples tiers or levels like a ziggurat ... We were watching a show that was going on on the ziggurat like platform or stage. These men dressed as jesters who were all climbing up the platform to the top only to topple down to the bottom head over heals, only to climb back up again and repeat the process. There were fire works going off all over and i heard my father cry out ... "io saturnalia" ... Honestly i didn't know what that word meant but i had heard it somewhere before. When i woke up i looked it up on the internet. It turns out saturnalia is an ancient roman festival or celebration of the god Saturn or the Greek Chronos, who was the titan father of the Greek God.

Quote:
Saturnalia was a public festival in Rome. It was introduced around 217 BCE to raise citizen morale after a crushing military defeat[1]. Originally celebrated for a day, on December 17, popularity grew it to week-long extravaganza, ending on the 23rd. Efforts to shorten the celebration were unsuccessful. Augustus tried to reduce it to three days, and Caligula to five.
It involved the conventional sacrifices, a couch (lectisternium) set out in front of the temple of Saturn and the untying of the ropes that bound the statue of Saturn during the rest of the year. A Saturnalicius princeps was elected master of ceremonies for the proceedings. Besides the public rites there were a series of holidays and customs celebrated privately. The celebrations included a school holiday, the making and giving of small presents (saturnalia et sigillaricia) and a special market (sigillaria). Gambling was allowed for all, even slaves; however, although it was officially condoned only during this period, one should not assume that it was rare or much remarked upon during the rest of the year. It was a time to eat, drink, and be merry. The toga was not worn, but rather the synthesis, i.e. colorful, informal "dinner clothes"; and the pileus (freedman's hat) was worn by everyone. Slaves were exempt from punishment, and treated their masters with (a pretense of) disrespect. The slaves celebrated a banquet: before, with, or served by the masters. Yet the reversal of the social order was mostly superficial; the banquet, for example, would often be prepared by the slaves, and they would prepare their masters' dinner as well. It was license within careful boundaries; it reversed the social order without subverting it.[1]
The customary greeting for the occasion is a "Io, Saturnalia!" — Io (pronounced "yo") being a Latin interjection related to "ho" (as in "Ho, praise to Saturn").
You see saturnalia is Christmas. And it has been made the birth date of Christ in order to continue the pagan tradition of saturnalia under the auspices of Christianity. Whats really interesting to me is the tom foolery that takes place as part of the tradition and the social role reversal between the slaves and their masters. The idea is that things are oppisite their normal operation. Like april fools and opposite day in one. Its like the biggest trick of all is the trick that the orthodoxy is playing on the laity in reversing the the religious practices of Christianity and paganism. The dream seemed to be telling me that things were not all right in Fundamental orthodox Christianity land. I believe the spirit was hinting at the layer of deception that was covering the gospel as it has been taught in the past 1400 years. I know people don't put allot of stock in dreams, but i sometimes have dreams that tell me things about reality that i didn't already know.

Anyway, I was reading your post and that just came to mind and i thought it was relevant for some reason. Maybe someone needs to read it ...

God bless ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 09-20-2009 at 01:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity