Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 10:13 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,588,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Sorry, wrong. How can something be from "everlasting" to "everlasting"? Are there two "everlastings"? If something is "from" everlasting, it implies a beginning. Do these "everlastings" have a beginning and an end? You are using an incorrect translation Fundy.

Here is a better translation:
Psalm 90:2 Before mountains were brought forth, And Thou dost form the earth and the world, Even from age unto age Thou [art] God.

It is simply saying God is God from age to age. Nothing more nothing less. Does that limit God to not be infinite? Of course not.
sorry that is not my interpretation It is SIMPLY stating 2 Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,146,120 times
Fundy,

Its very simple. You believe your God sends (possibly even predestines) people to hell for eternity.

Kat thinks this is cruel. You do not.

Kat thinks no one deserves eternal torture. You do.

The base question: is eternal torture cruel? Kat thinks so. You do not.

To me the answer is obvious to any thinking individual.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:18 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,375,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
He would have to change his pen name if he opened his mind to the truth.

10,295 posts, read 9,714,762 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No, it is a self evident truth.
Oh, well I've always learned from the Spirit of God through His word not to lean on self and it's interpretations, very, very deceptive!
Prov.3:5-6
5. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
6. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Really good advice from the Proverbs.....Phazelwood! Wisdom from God is a very good thing, keeps us out of a lot of foolishness and deception!

Quote:
Yes, thank you.
Your welcome!!

Quote:
And the same applies to everyone, not just you.
Yup, your right.....everyone will be accountable to God on the day of judgement.....you bet ya!!

Quote:

and no one elses.
Isn't that wonderful....Praise God!

Quote:
OK, but that won't stop me from sharing it. What's your favorite cookie.
Doesn't make it the Truth!
Chocolate Chip, how about you?

Quote:
Hello Pot,

Do you have a frisbee with those letters on it, a keychain, bracelet, oh, you must get the pen and pencil set with WWJD on it so your writing is much more spiritual.

Get the big bumper sticker too
My, Phazelwood you sure are in a hostile mood today, isn't one!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 09-29-2009 at 10:32 AM..

6,657 posts, read 8,146,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
sorry that is not my interpretation It is SIMPLY stating 2 Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
But it doesn't say that in the BIBLE that I checked. It says Thou art God "from AGE to AGE".

I'm not interpreting either, just reading what the bible says.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:19 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,551,904 times
Quote:
Your logic escapes me.....I said YOU SAY, my God is cruel not the bible.
OH Good Lord!

YOU said I say "God is Cruel".

I say "YOUR God is Cruel."

My God is loving and will always come for the lost, that was the plan.

YOU say you read the bible and the cruelty is not real cruelty according to God (who you are not BTW) so it is your mind that takes the cruel-ness of God and equates it to Justice.

My position is that Justice is never cruel and never exceeds the wrong doing it intends to make right. Burning in hell forever is not Justice for a lifetime of wrong doing and has absolutely no corrective purpose.

Synonyms:
1. bloodthirsty, ferocious, merciless, relentless. Cruel, pitiless, ruthless, brutal, savage imply readiness to cause pain to others. Cruel implies willingness to cause pain, and indifference to suffering: a cruel stepfather. Pitiless adds the idea of refusal to show compassion: pitiless to captives. Ruthless implies cruelty and unscrupulousness, letting nothing stand in one's way: ruthless greed. Brutal implies cruelty that takes the form of physical violence: a brutal master. Savage suggests fierceness and brutality: savage battles.

Antonyms:
1. kind. 2. sympathetic, compassionate. (Websters)

So which is it to condemn a finite being to infinite torture/burning.... is it cruel, merciless, ruthless, or is it kind, sympathetic, compassionate?

Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,995,161 times
Quote:
Again straw-man...cruel to you not me. I only argue what I in scripture, that's it

atheist say the same? what is your point? Are you not stuck in your way as well? what way? It is either the truth or not. Your funny

Funny!! I come on here to defend Yahveh, Father God and you say I'm funny.
What you defend and or say would be funny if it weren't so sad. Very sad that you cannot see how you defame God in/on a publice forum and feel no shame.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Fundy,

Its very simple. You believe your God sends (possibly even predestines) people to hell for eternity.

Kat thinks this is cruel. You do not.

Kat thinks no one deserves eternal torture. You do.

The base question: is eternal torture cruel? Kat thinks so. You do not.

To me the answer is obvious to any thinking individual.
what disturbed me most, was that men who claimed to believe in a God of love or even justice found no problem with the doctrine of hell; I don't doubt, that men would send other men to hell forevermore if they were able, and this is what I see as most disturbing.

Old 09-29-2009, 10:23 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,714,762 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I think you do Latte Chic , and you also let those who disagree with you what you think of them .
No, you are so wrong. I don't care!
Yup, you bet I do....won't disagree with ya there....pcamps!

Quote:
We are always accused of being unloving because we disagree with you .
LOL.....oh, poor pcamps!

Old 09-29-2009, 10:26 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,960,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
My, we are in a hostile mood today, isn't one!
You are? Well, just take it to the Lord, he will help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity