Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 06:18 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

14Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside. 15He taught in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.

16He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. 17The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."[e] 20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, 21and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

Just a glimpse of an understanding of verse 18 and 19 is enough to convince you that the fundamentalists are way off balance with their doctrine, even if ET was true even Jesus didn't think it was so important to mention it.

Just like the angels who carried the message of good news to the shepherds watching their flocks and proclaimed peace on earth and goodwill to men , didn't even mention it .

Coincidence ? Or did God know somewhere down the centuries know that the fundamentalists would make sure we knew about eternal torment ?, the ET He forgot to say in Luke 4 and the ET He forgot to tell the angels to proclaim to the shepherds.

I have read how God is patient, long suffering and merciful but never forgetful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 12:58 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
14Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside. 15He taught in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.

16He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. 17The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written:
18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release the oppressed,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."[e] 20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, 21and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

Just a glimpse of an understanding of verse 18 and 19 is enough to convince you that the fundamentalists are way off balance with their doctrine, even if ET was true even Jesus didn't think it was so important to mention it.

Just like the angels who carried the message of good news to the shepherds watching their flocks and proclaimed peace on earth and goodwill to men , didn't even mention it .

Coincidence ? Or did God know somewhere down the centuries know that the fundamentalists would make sure we knew about eternal torment ?, the ET He forgot to say in Luke 4 and the ET He forgot to tell the angels to proclaim to the shepherds.

I have read how God is patient, long suffering and merciful but never forgetful.
Yeah.. Jesus doesn't really talk about ET at all.. it is found in the word "judgment" which usually applied to those who led the Jewish people (the Pharisees/Sadducees). But as we with common sense know... judgment does not equate to eternal torment any more than the lake of fire equates to eternal torment....

Anyway.. I think all the fundies are tired of being beat down with their own ET rhetoric so they have all gone into hiding.

It's also funny that most (if not all) fundamentalists will claim that Jesus intended for universal reconciliation but just can accomplish it without help from the sinner to make salvation... I even saw one fundy write that all are given salvation but not all are saved... how does that work?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:59 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,961,005 times
I believe that the savior of the world is Barack Obama, who can fly.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:06 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I believe that the savior of the world is Barack Obama, who can fly.
Obama can fly? I thought Air force 1 flew and Obama just sat there... holy crap this will save America millions on gas if he can just fly wherever on his own.. Perhaps he is the savior.. after all .. I can't fly... not even in a cockpit.

Gotta have a sense of humor to survive in this world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity