Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 03:23 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,731,337 times

Advertisements

Okay, so straight off the Sunday mass today, I went on a trip with an anti-abortion activist.

She took me to places of young women in their early twenties, who got pregnant and had decided to keep the child and not abort them.

This lady collects funds to help such women, where the male animals run away (think Natgeo lions and lionesses) after loading the women and they're all by themselves from there.

I saw the hardships of these women in the flesh. I visited two houses, and I told my friend I'm humbled to the point I can't go further. Now, I've already resolved to do something to help, but there are millions of women around the planet.

Tons of Christians pray every Sunday for the aborted children and then they pick their cars and speed away. Why isn't anyone helping people like the women I met today. It truly takes souls like the lady (and she told me funds have disappeared a lot in this economy) who took me on this trip to crusade for them. I'm overwhelmed and I didn't have a good lunch. Normally, I eat happily after Sunday service. I'm just grumpy and disturbed.

There are millions of Christians on the planet. Surely we can help these people We want these aborted children to live, and then???

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 10-11-2009 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,173 times
Maybe that is why the Lord sent you there? God sends Christians all over the world, and you can start by doing the Lord's work there.

Sometimes we have to get out of this thing called, what is everyone else doing, why isn't anyone else doing it, and just do it ourselves?

When you drive by a homeless man or women, I am sure hundreds of people drive by them everyday and say," oh I feel so bad and wish I could help them." Most of the people who say that have money they can give in their pocket, but then still drive by.

But then you will have a servant of God who will act when they see and not wait on anyone else.

When you wait on people to do something, that means you are only doing what they are doing, nothing.

If you want to help then help, if not, then just be like the people you are talking about. It doesn't matter if millions of Christians are doing nothing, what are you doing? Millions of Christians have nothing to do with you.

Some people are only called to pray, when others are called to help. Some people act when they see someone who needs help, and some people wait on others, Which Christian are you?

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-11-2009 at 10:14 PM..

Old 10-18-2009, 08:26 PM

I continued my tour today and I'm looking at a lot of options. All these years, I've never even thought about this aspect of human suffering. This fact finding mission has been an eye opener.

I belong to the set of "giving" Christians. I inherited it from my Dad. The man spent his entire lifetime helping and feeding the poor and I was there at his side.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:12 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I continued my tour today and I'm looking at a lot of options. All these years, I've never even thought about this aspect of human suffering. This fact finding mission has been an eye opener.

I belong to the set of "giving" Christians. I inherited it from my Dad. The man spent his entire lifetime helping and feeding the poor and I was there at his side.
When I see someone who is homeless, I don't say why is no one helping them? If I have the resources to help them, then I will do as I hear the Lord telling me to do. If I don't have the resources to help that person and I have a burden to help them, I pray and ask the Lord to equip me with what they need.

When I look at an abused women who is crying, I don't say, why is no one ministering to her and why are other Christians, not helping her? I take the time to minister to what I think the Lord would have me say to her. I might even just give her something as simple as a hug.

It is not an issue of what set of Christians you belong to, because God calls us to be like Christ and do the things that He did.

I don't consider myself a part of a certain set, that sound crazy to me, I see myself as wanting to do the work of God and by that being said, I want to do what ever God needs for me to do. That might be helping the homeless, feeding a child who is starving, working in a group home, helping older people, what ever the Lord wants for me to do.

WE have to get out of this mind set of no one else is doing anything and stop placing ourself in a certain group of set or Christians.

If you are a follower of Christ, then act like Christ because when He comes back He want be looking for a certain set of believers, He will be looking for His people that are called by His name. It is sad, but certain set of Christians is not what the Lord is looking for.

He is looking for people that have His heart and seek after what He is seeking after.

I hope no one ever calls me to a certain set of Christians, but sees me as a servant of God. Certain set gets you no where, but a servant after God's own heart can change the world. I seek to change people's lives, I just want to help people who can't even help themselves.

I could care less if millions of Christians are not doing their job, I care about God being pleased with the work that I do.

You have to understand that we live in a wicked world that is a result from the fall of man. So, we are going to see people who are homeless, abortion, murder, women getting beat, people dieing, children murdered, children raped, families killed because of the ruler over this world. Satan is called the ruler of this world, so this is what we are going to see, like it or not.

So, trust me you haven't seen nothing yet. There are far worse things to come, I just advice you to prefare yourself for what God says. He already said that these types of things would happen, so I don't understand why people are acting so surprised when it happend. God said these things would take place.

Anyway, this is life and we either can complain about it, or take charge and do the work of God. You be the judge of what you are going to do.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-19-2009 at 03:23 AM..

Old 10-19-2009, 06:50 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Tony, I believe that God will lead us to the places and people that our talents, gifts, resources and personalities can best be used to help his children who are suffering the consequences of just being human in a world filled with suffering, temptations and wrong decisions
Perhaps he has shown you the place you are needed..

Old 10-19-2009, 07:10 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,214,916 times
Quote:
Okay, so straight off the Sunday mass today, I went on a trip with an anti-abortion activist.

She took me to places of young women in their early twenties, who got pregnant and had decided to keep the child and not abort them.

This lady collects funds to help such women, where the male animals run away (think Natgeo lions and lionesses) after loading the women and they're all by themselves from there.

I saw the hardships of these women in the flesh. I visited two houses, and I told my friend I'm humbled to the point I can't go further. Now, I've already resolved to do something to help, but there are millions of women around the planet.

Tons of Christians pray every Sunday for the aborted children and then they pick their cars and speed away. Why isn't anyone helping people like the women I met today. It truly takes souls like the lady (and she told me funds have disappeared a lot in this economy) who took me on this trip to crusade for them. I'm overwhelmed and I didn't have a good lunch. Normally, I eat happily after Sunday service. I'm just grumpy and disturbed.

There are millions of Christians on the planet. Surely we can help these people We want these aborted children to live, and then???
I am also very burdened by the plight of the unborn...but I feel at a real loss for the young women themselves, who have no one to teach them the right way to live. Abortion has to be hit at it's core...one has to reach the young women before they become sexually active, since unwanted pregnancy is a consequence of this action. Alas, how can we teach them when we are forbidden by our government to do so (separation of church and state)? Why is it that we can teach children about "safe sex" but we can't teach them about "no sex"? Our government has made it very easy for women to legally kill their children and that is the first place where it has to stop...they fund it, they provide it and they protect it. What these women are "NEVER" told is that the decision to kill their child will haunt them the rest of their lives and that is a fact which many women, now that they are older, are finding out. Sex and marriage is a sacrament of God and we have made a mockery of both in not only this country but around the world.

Until abortion is BANNED...things will go on as usual and all of us will pay the consequences for that one day.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:54 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Abortion has to be hit at it's core...one has to reach the young women before they become sexually active, .
(I might add teach boys that making a baby does not make a man)

I agree with this but what can you do when they take Christian principles out of school only to replace it with man's self centerness.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
(I might add teach boys that making a baby does not make a man)

I agree with this but what can you do when they take Christian principles out of school only to replace it with man's self centerness.
Not a whole heck of alot....and the fruits of that can be seen in society today. It's always easy for people to do things that feel good and the government makes it easy for them to not have to pay the consequences for their actions.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 AM

Christy, this is past abortion. These young women I met are those who decided to keep the child and are struggling to support it, some are still unemployed. The decision was influenced by a "support life" christian group which counsels young women into not going for abortion. So they go ahead and have the child and are now struggling with it. The same "support life" group does help to support these women but it apparently does not have enough dough. Because of the economy, the donations have dried out and people are reordering priorities on where to put money in.

But the same people donate thousands to buy organ in the church. I remember a church I used to go to in NC, the parishioners donated nearly 100,000 dollars in a month, to buy the super duper organ and fix the church's A/C system, among other things

Miss Blue, I do believe I did these tours for a reason too. Now they have been messing with my head since the last 2 weeks.

Miss Shawn, have mercy on Tony I am not sure if I can wait for the "audible voice" of the Father to go do stuff. I'm no Samuel Now, I did make my attempts to find God's voice, inspired by your voice thread.

I drove to the Rockies this one weekend and I went up one of the scarier mountains and it was getting scarier as I went higher. So I started screaming, "Lord, can you hear me?" and all kinds of stuff. Now, two mountain climbing girls come out of nowhere and ask me who is the one screaming.

I asked them if there is a burning bush nearby and they looked at me like I was mad. They joined me and after a while I asked them if we should remove our shoes. That's when one of them paused and asked, "are you okay?"

Old 10-19-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Christy, this is past abortion. These young women I met are those who decided to keep the child and are struggling to support it, some are still unemployed. The decision was influenced by a "support life" christian group which counsels young women into not going for abortion. So they go ahead and have the child and are now struggling with it. The same "support life" group does help to support these women but it apparently does not have enough dough. Because of the economy, the donations have dried out and people are reordering priorities on where to put money in.

But the same people donate thousands to buy organ in the church. I remember a church I used to go to in NC, the parishioners donated nearly 100,000 dollars in a month, to buy the super duper organ and fix the church's A/C system, among other things
I agree with you 100% which is why I no longer attend nor support "Institutionalized" church. When I send a check out, I know exactly where the money is going and what it's being used for. Money collected in a "church" is used primarily for the amusement and benefit of its members and not for the widows, orphans and the poor like it was meant to be.

There are always consequences for the things we do in life...having sex outside of marriage and the consequences of it is bringing children into the world. Raising children is never easy and the struggle is even harder for those that choose to raise their children instead of aborting them...I know because I've been there and done it. Struggling is the consequence, the reaping what you sow...it's not supposed to be easy nor would I want it to be easy. If we made it easy...what would they learn from it? They wouldn't learn anything and it would perpetuate the problem by them having more children because it would be easy for them to do so...do you see my point? Our government does a pretty good job of making it as easy as possible now and that is evidenced by the paycheck I get every week and how much they take out of it.

While I understand and can relate to the burden you feel...you also have to understand that God will work it out individually and in His own way. While we'd like to help everyone in the world that is in need...we are not equipped to do so but we can and should help individuals when we see a need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity