Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 03:55 PM

14 posts, read 42,021 times

Advertisements

Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 04:02 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whos'who View Post
Are new born babies who are not saved and who have not excepted Jesus as their lord and savior, comdemned to hell?
Depends on who you talk to and how they define saved... also how they would define hell....

My opinion? No one is condemned to a torture of fire for eternity. Especially not babies.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
depends on who you talk to and how they define saved... Also how they would define hell....

My opinion? No one is condemned to a torture of fire for eternity. Especially not babies.

understood

Old 10-11-2009, 04:14 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,211,332 times
Quote:
Absolutely NOT!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Absolutely NOT!!!

I thought all must be saved in order to get to heaven.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:39 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Many fundamentalists and orthodox believers do believe that babies are damned if they die because they never believed on Christ. That was the teaching of the champion of eternal torture, Augustine. They also believe if a person lived and died before Jesus walked the earth and was not a Jew who obeyed the law of Moses that person is damned to eternal torture as well.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Many fundamentalists and orthodox believers do believe that babies are damned if they die because they never believed on Christ. That was the teaching of the champion of eternal torture, Augustine. They also believe if a person lived and died before Jesus walked the earth and was not a Jew who obeyed the law of Moses that person is damned to eternal torture as well.

thats terrible, either God dont love all or, man teaching is taking over.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:57 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
thats terrible, either God dont love all or, man teaching is taking over.
My sentiments exactly ...

Old 10-11-2009, 04:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
That's going to up God.....
All we know is that: Now for the other side:
  • For the LORD your God is a merciful God Deuteronomy 4:31
  • From the womb your are my God Psalm 22:10
  • The message of Jesus is heard by John in the womb even through the mother's ears Luke 1:44
  • your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost. Matthew 18:14
  • "See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:10
Now about your "decision theology" that isn't scriptural.
  • You did not choose me, but I chose you John 15:16
  • Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you even at my mother'sbreast. Psalm 22:9
  • I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you." Isaiah 41:9
  • "For many are invited, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14
  • "but I have chosen you out of the world." John 15:19
Ephesians 2:8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

Ephesians 2:1 [ Made Alive in Christ ] As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

The question is more of:

Faith...a gift from God, or decision of man?

Last edited by twin.spin; 10-11-2009 at 05:11 PM..

Old 10-11-2009, 05:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Depends on who you talk to and how they define saved... also how they would define hell....

"death came to all men, because all sinned" Doesn't "all mean all" ?

but "never doesn't mean never" .....convenient
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity