Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,547,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
If the Trinity is supposed to be biblical how come it isn't in the Bible?

The doctrine of the Trinity was invented as a purely political move to keep the Arians out of the church.
The concept of the Trinity is in the bible. God the father, God the son, & God the Holy Spirit. Yes, man gave it a name to understand it better but then lots of things in the bible are given a name by man for us to better understand. You think God just gave us His word with no way to talk to each other about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM

17,966 posts, read 16,001,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The concept of the Trinity is in the bible. God the father, God the son, & God the Holy Spirit.
Book, chapter and verse please?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,312,824 times
Quote:
1 John 5:7

KJVFor there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

NIV©For there are three that testify:

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground

Genesis 11:7

Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.”

God the Father falls Jesus God

Hebrew 1:8

8But about the Son he says,
"Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

So, if you say that Jesus is not God you are not calling us a lier you are calling God a liar, because He said it, we are just agreeing.
Isaiah 6:8

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. –
- Matthew 28:19

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Genesis 3:22

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 10-22-2009 at 10:40 PM..

Old 10-23-2009, 05:13 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,887 times
Quote:
That question is answered in the video

Old 10-23-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
1 John 5:7

KJVFor there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

NIV©For there are three that testify:

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground

Genesis 11:7

Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.”

God the Father falls Jesus God

Hebrew 1:8

8But about the Son he says,
"Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

So, if you say that Jesus is not God you are not calling us a lier you are calling God a liar, because He said it, we are just agreeing.
Isaiah 6:8

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. –
- Matthew 28:19

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Genesis 3:22

And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
1 John 5:7 is not in any respectable Greek Texts from which we get our Bible.

I was hoping you could find the verse that says: "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit."

There is none. It is manufactured from the minds of people who think their words are more important than the sacred scriptures.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
That question is answered in the video
I re-listened to the video. Again, Martin is found in the balance to be wanting.

Walter Martin said:
"The holy spirit is called God in Acts chapter 5"

Act 5:3-4 Now Peter said, "Ananias, wherefore does Satan fill your heart for you to falsify to the holy spirit and to embezzle from the price of the freehold? (4) Did it not, while remaining, remain yours? And, being disposed of, it belonged to you by right. Why is it that you placed this matter in your heart? You do not lie to men, but to God."

Walter was right. The holy spirit is God for it is God's spirit. The holy spirit is not a separate entity from God.

To say the holy spirit of God is different from God is like saying the spirit of sonship (Romans 8:15, KJV has "spirit of adoption) that the spirit of sonship is a separate entity from sonship or adoption.
Or how about the spirit of holiness in Romans 1:4. Is that a separate entity from holiness? No, it is holiness' spirit or the intangible power of holiness.
How about "the spirit of Christ" in Romans 8:9? If the spirit of God is a separate entity from God then the spirit of Christ is a separate person or entity from Christ and now you have Two spirits of the Quadrinity, 4 Gods, one Son etc. etc. etc.

Walter said: "Jesus is God the Son; second person of the Trinity."
But notice he gives no scripture backing for that statement cause he couldn't. Pure malarky.

Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,312,824 times
Quote:

I was hoping you could find the verse that says: "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit."

There is none. It is manufactured from the minds of people who think their words are more important than the sacred scriptures.
What I gave was perfect, you just don't want to accept it.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:20 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,547,829 times
Quote:

The minds of those people who complied the bible, decided what books to include and which to leave out were the greatest minds of their time. They also prayed and studied for years to teach what the bible meant by certain words, the history of the time it was written so we could understand it today, etc, etc, etc. If you want to go by the bible as it was written the day it was put to paper then it would be in another language than you could read or understand. We need to trust those who lived before us that they are giving us the truth and not changing everything.

With your attitude I can't understand how you believe any book your read, let alone the bible.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:34 AM

Quote:
The minds of those people who complied the bible, decided what books to include and which to leave out were the greatest minds of their time. They also prayed and studied for years to teach what the bible meant by certain words, the history of the time it was written so we could understand it today, etc, etc, etc. If you want to go by the bible as it was written the day it was put to paper then it would be in another language than you could read or understand. We need to trust those who lived before us that they are giving us the truth and not changing everything.

With your attitude I can't understand how you believe any book your read, let alone the bible.
My Bible is based upon the three oldest, most complete Greek manuscripts, the Alexandrinus, Vaticanus and Sinaticus. I don't go by any translation based on faery tales.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:57 AM

63,951 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
The greatest minds of ancient times is no recommendation. Aristotle believed women were the result of defective sperm. This confusion about what is changing is widespread. It is NOT the underlying truth that is changing . . . but our human understanding of it is what changes. To our experience the Sun still revolves around the earth . . . rising and setting. It is our understanding of it that has improved. Religious dogma and doctrine is the only area of human understanding that has stagnated for millennia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity