Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 03:04 PM

169 posts, read 354,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It's kinda long.. can you maybe give a synopsis? Also, there are many prejudice Christians on this forum who will not look into the message because of the Muslim that is speaking... Sad but true.

OKAY....

JESUS - PROPHET OF GOD ...........Jesus Not Equal to God

more http://www.alislam.org/library/books/prophet-of-God/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 05:36 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,547,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooool View Post
OKAY....

I totally agree with you! Jesus was a spirit filled anointed prophet of God.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:00 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,942,374 times
Quote:
OKAY....

Tell me more about Jesus.

Do you also read the Christian scriptures for your beliefs?

Old 11-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Tell me more about Jesus.

Do you also read the Christian scriptures for your beliefs?

jesus in islam ...

When a Muslim prays or thanks God he does so in the same fashion that was taught to Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and all of the previous prophets of Allah. You will find that when a Muslim prays he places his forehead on the ground in total submission to God Almighty. Let us see how the prophets (including Jesus, pbuh) prayed:

Genesis 17:3 "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,"

Genesis 17:17 "Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?"

Exodus 34:8 "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped."

Numbers 16:20-22 "And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?"

Joshua 5:14 "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?"

Ezekiel 9:8 "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?"

2 Chronicles 20:18 "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD."

Ezekiel 11:13 "And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?"

Matthew 17:6 "And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid."

Matthew 26:39 "And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

allah said about jesus in (Quran )

84 - ''Say: we believe in God, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham. Ismail; Isaac, Jacob, and the tribes, and in (the books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their lord: we make no distinction between on and another among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)''.Quran

'' 45 - Behold the angels said: O Mary God giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God'' Quran

'' 110 - Then will God say: O Jesus the son of Mary recount my favour to the and to thy mother. behold I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. behold I taught thee the book and wisdom, the law and the gospel. and behold thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by my leave, and thou breathest into it, and it becometh a bird by my leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by my leave. and behold thou bringest forth the dead by my leave. and behold I did restrain the children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear signs. and the unbelievers among them said: this is nothing but evident magic.'' Quran

'' 6 - And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, This is evident sorcery!'' Quran

Ahmad ....he mohammd ...

Peace be upon him....

Old 11-14-2009, 04:44 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,139 times
All paths do not lead to God.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:34 PM

Quote:
jesus in islam ...

When a Muslim prays or thanks God he does so in the same fashion that was taught to Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and all of the previous prophets of Allah. You will find that when a Muslim prays he places his forehead on the ground in total submission to God Almighty. Let us see how the prophets (including Jesus, pbuh) prayed:

Genesis 17:3 "And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,"

Genesis 17:17 "Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?"

Exodus 34:8 "And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped."

Numbers 16:20-22 "And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces, and said, O God, the God of the spirits of all flesh, shall one man sin, and wilt thou be wroth with all the congregation?"

Joshua 5:14 "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?"

Ezekiel 9:8 "And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?"

2 Chronicles 20:18 "And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD."

Ezekiel 11:13 "And it came to pass, when I prophesied, that Pelatiah the son of Benaiah died. Then fell I down upon my face, and cried with a loud voice, and said, Ah Lord GOD! wilt thou make a full end of the remnant of Israel?"

Matthew 17:6 "And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid."

Matthew 26:39 "And he (Jesus) went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."

allah said about jesus in (Quran )

84 - ''Say: we believe in God, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham. Ismail; Isaac, Jacob, and the tribes, and in (the books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their lord: we make no distinction between on and another among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)''.Quran

'' 45 - Behold the angels said: O Mary God giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God'' Quran

'' 110 - Then will God say: O Jesus the son of Mary recount my favour to the and to thy mother. behold I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. behold I taught thee the book and wisdom, the law and the gospel. and behold thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by my leave, and thou breathest into it, and it becometh a bird by my leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by my leave. and behold thou bringest forth the dead by my leave. and behold I did restrain the children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the clear signs. and the unbelievers among them said: this is nothing but evident magic.'' Quran

'' 6 - And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, This is evident sorcery!'' Quran

Ahmad ....he mohammd ...

Peace be upon him....
When reading scriptures about Jesus in the NT, how do you interpret scriptures? For instance when Jesus says:

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

or when Paul states:

Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness."
Rom 4:4 Now to one working, the reward is not counted according to grace, but according to debt.
Rom 4:5 But to the one not working, but believing on Him justifying the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Do you view these scriptures (at face value), using only the Christian scriptures?

Thanks for your posts

Old 11-14-2009, 11:54 PM

241 posts, read 475,242 times
Thank god that you talk about that.. ^_*Do you have two god ??jesos and god???- How can two god lead the world?because am as a muslim i belive in one god who's "Allah"

Old 11-15-2009, 12:44 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,547,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawary View Post
Thank god that you talk about that.. ^_*Do you have two god ??jesos and god???- How can two god lead the world?because am as a muslim i belive in one god who's "Allah"
Yes there is only one God...

Old 11-18-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
When reading scriptures about Jesus in the NT, how do you interpret scriptures? For instance when Jesus says:

Joh 14:6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

or when Paul states:

Rom 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him for righteousness."
Rom 4:4 Now to one working, the reward is not counted according to grace, but according to debt.
Rom 4:5 But to the one not working, but believing on Him justifying the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Do you view these scriptures (at face value), using only the Christian scriptures?

Thanks for your posts

all right ...

When reading this verse, for some reason some people see in it a confirmation of the Trinity. Although I can not see how they can read either an explicit or even an implicit reference to the Trinity in this verse, still, due to its popularity it deserves to be studied

There appear to be a sizable number of Christians who when reading this verse interpret it to state that Jesus is God and that no one shall enter into heaven except if they worship Jesus. For this reason this verse should ideally be dealt with in section 1.2.3 (The 'Son of God'), however, since it is brought up so often in discussions of the Trinity it appears to be appropriate to discuss it here.

The popular perception that this verse claims that Jesus requires our worship in order for us to receive salvation is not the intended meaning of this verse. However, in order for us to recognize this fact it is necessary to study its con

If we were to back up a little and read from the beginning of this chapter, we would find that just before Jesus spoke these words, he said;
"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a mansion for you."
John 14:2

The above statement is quite clear. It is in exact conformance to the teachings of the Qur'an. In the Qur'an we are told how God sent messengers to all tribes and nations. We are told that the basic message which was given to each of these tribes was the same: "Worship God alone and worship none else." Some of the secondary details of this worship might differ from one tribe or nation to the next according to God's infinite wisdom and his knowledge of those people.

It was made very clear to each prophet that he was not to preach to anyone but his own people. It was further made clear to this messenger's people that if they were to obey him that they would receive the reward of God. God would not hold them accountable for what any other tribe or nation did or did not do. This would continue until God's last messenger, Muhammad (pbuh) would be sent to all mankind as the seal of the prophets.

He said that in God's mansion there are "many" rooms. Jesus was sent to guide to only one of them. The countless other rooms were reserved for

other tribes and nations if they would obey their messengers. However, Jesus was telling his followers that they need not worry themselves about the other rooms. Anyone from among his people who wished to enter into

the room which was reserved for them could only do so if they followed Jesus and obeyed his command. So Jesus confirmed that he was going to prepare "a" mansion and not "all" the mansions in "my Father's house".
Further, the verse clearly states that Jesus was the "WAY" to a mansion.

He did not say that he is the "DESTINATION" which would be the case if he were God, the destination of all worship and prayer. What else would we expect a prophet of God to say except "I am the 'way' to God's
mercy"?

That is his job. That is what a prophet does. It is why God chose him in the first place; in order to guide to the mercy of God.

This is indeed confirmed in John 10:9 where Jesus tells us that he is "the door" to "the pasture." In other words, he is the "prophet" who guides his people to "heaven" (see also Jn. 12:44). Once again, this is the message of Islam. Indeed, 600 years later, God would command prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to tell mankind:

"Say (O Muhammad to humanity) : If you love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive your sins. And Allah is All-Forgiving, Most-Merciful."
The noble Qur'an, Aal'Umran(3):31
Finally, remember
"Not every one that says to me(Jesus); 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven."
Matthew.7:21

allah said in Quran " 59 - The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; he created him from dust, then said to him: Be: and he was."

jmool

Old 11-18-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
all right ...

When reading this verse, for some reason some people see in it a confirmation of the Trinity. Although I can not see how they can read either an explicit or even an implicit reference to the Trinity in this verse, still, due to its popularity it deserves to be studied

There appear to be a sizable number of Christians who when reading this verse interpret it to state that Jesus is God and that no one shall enter into heaven except if they worship Jesus. For this reason this verse should ideally be dealt with in section 1.2.3 (The 'Son of God'), however, since it is brought up so often in discussions of the Trinity it appears to be appropriate to discuss it here.

The popular perception that this verse claims that Jesus requires our worship in order for us to receive salvation is not the intended meaning of this verse. However, in order for us to recognize this fact it is necessary to study its con

If we were to back up a little and read from the beginning of this chapter, we would find that just before Jesus spoke these words, he said;
"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a mansion for you."
John 14:2

The above statement is quite clear. It is in exact conformance to the teachings of the Qur'an. In the Qur'an we are told how God sent messengers to all tribes and nations. We are told that the basic message which was given to each of these tribes was the same: "Worship God alone and worship none else." Some of the secondary details of this worship might differ from one tribe or nation to the next according to God's infinite wisdom and his knowledge of those people.

It was made very clear to each prophet that he was not to preach to anyone but his own people. It was further made clear to this messenger's people that if they were to obey him that they would receive the reward of God. God would not hold them accountable for what any other tribe or nation did or did not do. This would continue until God's last messenger, Muhammad (pbuh) would be sent to all mankind as the seal of the prophets.

He said that in God's mansion there are "many" rooms. Jesus was sent to guide to only one of them. The countless other rooms were reserved for

other tribes and nations if they would obey their messengers. However, Jesus was telling his followers that they need not worry themselves about the other rooms. Anyone from among his people who wished to enter into

the room which was reserved for them could only do so if they followed Jesus and obeyed his command. So Jesus confirmed that he was going to prepare "a" mansion and not "all" the mansions in "my Father's house".
Further, the verse clearly states that Jesus was the "WAY" to a mansion.

He did not say that he is the "DESTINATION" which would be the case if he were God, the destination of all worship and prayer. What else would we expect a prophet of God to say except "I am the 'way' to God's
mercy"?

That is his job. That is what a prophet does. It is why God chose him in the first place; in order to guide to the mercy of God.

This is indeed confirmed in John 10:9 where Jesus tells us that he is "the door" to "the pasture." In other words, he is the "prophet" who guides his people to "heaven" (see also Jn. 12:44). Once again, this is the message of Islam. Indeed, 600 years later, God would command prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to tell mankind:

"Say (O Muhammad to humanity) : If you love Allah then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive your sins. And Allah is All-Forgiving, Most-Merciful."
The noble Qur'an, Aal'Umran(3):31
Finally, remember
"Not every one that says to me(Jesus); 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven; but he who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven."
Matthew.7:21

allah said in Quran " 59 - The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; he created him from dust, then said to him: Be: and he was."

jmool
Thank-you for your follow-up comments, and how you interpret those scriptures.

Tell me how you view these scriptures, concerning the Gospel:

1Co 15:1 And I make known to you, brethren, the good news that I proclaimed to you, which also ye did receive, in which also ye have stood,
1Co 15:2 through which also ye are being saved, in what words I proclaimed good news to you, if ye hold fast, except ye did believe in vain,
1Co 15:3 for I delivered to you first, what also I did receive, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Writings,
1Co 15:4 and that he was buried, and that he hath risen on the third day, according to the Writings,

In your faith, is the proclamation of the Gospel given and believed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity