Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 05:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I was brought up Catholic and found the Divine Love as a teenager…. I am blessed to have God’s divine love within my soul and I have been asking and praying for it from the day that I first felt it.

GOD IS LOVE AND LOVE KNOWS NO LIMITATIONS IN ITS HEIGHTS OR DEPTHS. IT EXISTS IN THE HIGHEST HEAVENS AND REACHES TO THE LOWEST HELLS, AND WILL IN ITS OWN WAY AND IN ITS OWN TIME WORK ITS OWN FULFILLMENT. All men will come into harmony with the will of the Father, which is perfect, and even though some, and I may say the majority of men, will not accept the invitation to become angels of His celestial kingdom, which is not compulsory, yet they do His will by becoming in the future, near or far, free from sin and error of their own creation, and pure and perfect as were they whom the Father first created and pronounced "Good." Man's greatest enemy to man is he, who having received the assurance of possessing the divine love and thereby becoming, as it were, a divine son of the Father, and who believes in the errors of the Bible and the misinterpretations of its truths declares that all others of mankind are hated of God and are objects of His wrath and certain of eternal damnation and everlasting torment.

It is deplorable that such beliefs and declarations should exist and continue to be made, especially on the part of those who undertake to lead the masses in the way to God's truths and plans for men's happiness and redemption from the evils and sins that cause them so much suffering. Whosoever will pray in sincerity for the inflowing of this divine love will receive it. It is not a respecter of persons, and the sincere aspirations of the soul of any man, be he prince or peasant, rich or poor, will invariably cause this love to come into his soul and change his nature so that he will become a new creature and one not subject to death forever more.
How wonderful to see another Divine Love person!!

Yes, Divine Love is the salvation that Jesus proclaimed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,216,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
My God girl - PREACH IT!!!
Thanks much Elmer.....there are some, like the Jews of Jesus day, that just don't understand that keeping the "dead letter" of the law is not what God wants from us. God looks at our hearts, minds and motives for why we do the things we do. Thank GOD, He has freed me from the mindlessness and anxiety of performing obedience like a trick dog.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:54 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I was brought up Catholic and found the Divine Love as a teenager…. I am blessed to have God’s divine love within my soul and I have been asking and praying for it from the day that I first felt it.

GOD IS LOVE AND LOVE KNOWS NO LIMITATIONS IN ITS HEIGHTS OR DEPTHS. IT EXISTS IN THE HIGHEST HEAVENS AND REACHES TO THE LOWEST HELLS, AND WILL IN ITS OWN WAY AND IN ITS OWN TIME WORK ITS OWN FULFILLMENT. All men will come into harmony with the will of the Father, which is perfect, and even though some, and I may say the majority of men, will not accept the invitation to become angels of His celestial kingdom, which is not compulsory, yet they do His will by becoming in the future, near or far, free from sin and error of their own creation, and pure and perfect as were they whom the Father first created and pronounced "Good." Man's greatest enemy to man is he, who having received the assurance of possessing the divine love and thereby becoming, as it were, a divine son of the Father, and who believes in the errors of the Bible and the misinterpretations of its truths declares that all others of mankind are hated of God and are objects of His wrath and certain of eternal damnation and everlasting torment.

It is deplorable that such beliefs and declarations should exist and continue to be made, especially on the part of those who undertake to lead the masses in the way to God's truths and plans for men's happiness and redemption from the evils and sins that cause them so much suffering. Whosoever will pray in sincerity for the inflowing of this divine love will receive it. It is not a respecter of persons, and the sincere aspirations of the soul of any man, be he prince or peasant, rich or poor, will invariably cause this love to come into his soul and change his nature so that he will become a new creature and one not subject to death forever more.
This is a lie from the pit of hell...and is contrary to the Word of God.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Just because you don't understand something....doesn't make it a lie.

Do you not want to have Gods love in your heart Verna? Do you not want to love all people the way God loves? Do you not want to see all people the same way God does?

If these are not things you want in your life....then you need to just go on your merry way and forget about God because these are the things that GOD wants for us and He makes that very clear in His words.

LOVE GOD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART, SOUL AND MIND AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF!!! THIS IS THE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE VERNA.

If you can't love God and love others as He asks us to (and it is obvious you don't by the way you condemn people on this forum).....then what the heck are you basing your relationship with God on?

Old 11-18-2009, 08:54 AM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Verna isn't using lie as an accusation against the person writing the post . . . as we would normally take it to mean . . . because she clearly cannot know the heart or mind of the poster to know whether or not they are being truthful. The poster is being truthful . . . but Verna doesn't believe the post is true . . . so she attacks it as a "lie from the pit of hell." This is a common error of the fundies and literalists who believe that a lie is anything that is said that THEY do not believe . . . even when the person saying it believes it is true.
Quote:
Do you not want to have Gods love in your heart Verna? Do you not want to love all people the way God loves? Do you not want to see all people the same way God does?

If these are not things you want in your life....then you need to just go on your merry way and forget about God because these are the things that GOD wants for us and He makes that very clear in His words.

LOVE GOD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART, SOUL AND MIND AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF!!! THIS IS THE ROYAL LAW OF LOVE VERNA.

If you can't love God and love others as He asks us to (and it is obvious you don't by the way you condemn people on this forum).....then what the heck are you basing your relationship with God on?
She is basing it on obedience, Christy. The fear motive corrupts the level of love attainable . . . but Verna has the love of God in her heart. Extending her love to others who don't believe as she does . . . is done in sympathy . . . not true love . . . but it isn't evil or hate or condemnation . . . like others here I could name.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:21 AM

823 posts, read 1,402,717 times
Default Jesus Showed Us The Way / We do believe and Love Jesus

As I and others have written you, the only way in which man can be saved from his sins and become in at-onement with the Father is by the new birth, which being the result of the flowing into the soul of a man the divine love of the Father, and the disappearing of everything that tends to sin and error. As this love flows into a man’s soul, it permeates that soul, as does leaven the batch of dough, and thereby that soul becomes like the Father in His divine nature, and fitted to inhabit His kingdom. Now you can readily see that there can be no possible relationship existing between the death of Jesus on the cross and his blood, and the giving to the soul of a man those divine qualities that belong to the Father’s nature. These qualities are not imparted to man by death and blood, but by life and love, and faith which comes with that love.

When the first parents (Adam & Eve) were created, they were not given this divine love, but were given the mere possibility of obtaining it, upon their seeking for it in the way that God had provided. It was not forced upon them, but it was optional with them whether they would receive it and become fitted to inhabit the Kingdom of Heaven. When they chose not to receive this love, they forfeited this privilege, and, as to it, “died,” and were left without a mediator between themselves and God. And here I don’t mean any mediator in the way of paying a debt, for they owed no debt to God. They were merely “disinherited” children. The only mediator that man needed after that time was one through whom might come the glorious tidings that the Father had restored this forfeited privilege.

And in this sense, never was there any mediator between God and man until the coming of Jesus and his announcing to man that the Father had changed His will and restored to mankind the great privilege of partaking of His divine nature and immortality. And thus, as in the first man (Adam) all men died, so in the man Jesus were all men made alive.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Verna isn't using lie as an accusation against the person writing the post . . . as we would normally take it to mean . . . because she clearly cannot know the heart or mind of the poster to know whether or not they are being truthful. The poster is being truthful . . . but Verna doesn't believe the post is true . . . so she attacks it as a "lie from the pit of hell." This is a common error of the fundies and literalists who believe that a lie is anything that is said that THEY do not believe . . . even when the person saying it believes it is true.She is basing it on obedience, Christy. The fear motive corrupts the level of love attainable . . . but Verna has the love of God in her heart. Extending her love to others who don't believe as she does . . . is done in sympathy . . . not true love . . . but it isn't evil or hate or condemnation . . . like others here I could name.
I agree with you....I believe Verna does have love in her heart....but it's not Gods pure love. If she had Gods pure love....she would not condemn anyone nor would she condemn their beliefs. She would understand that differing beliefs are all a part of Gods spiritual growth plan. Right now she is just in a different stage of growth and until God moves her it won't change....I understand this and that is why I question her so that she can seek God to show her the truth.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,664,170 times
Before I say anything, let me say this, I love you more than you know...the love I have for you is why I say what I say...I care for the salvation of your soul Christy...Reverend...SisterKat...and others who believe as you do.....you are always in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
There are a lot of things that I don't understand in Scripture Christy, that I still need to study for sure...but the one thing I do understand quite clearly is we MUST keep the Ten Commandments of God......which INCLUDES keeping the Sabbath holy unto God...and if you break one, you've broken them all! NOT my Words....God's Holy Word!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Christy...I assure you, the love of God is thick within my heart, His love encompasses me and everything that I am...and everything that I do...I love people so much it hurts...you don't know me and you don't see me here and how I cry for you and the rest...right now, tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type this...I express my love for you and everyone here on CD the only way I can...I read every post on every thread, the one's I don't understand, I stay away from...

...but the one's that I do understand, that I take part in, like...

...the one's that tell people that they do not have to be obedient to the Ten Commandments...ALL TEN OF THEM, and that they can just simply love God and their neighbor...
...the one's that tell people that they can die in their iniquities and still stand in front of Jesus our King and Judge with confidence that they will be accepted into His Kingdom for all eternity...
...the one's that say you don't need to go through Jesus Christ FIRST to be with God and have a relationship with Him...
...the one's that say that it isn't by the Holy Spirit and through the precious blood of Jesus Christ that EMPOWERS one to live a victorious life free from sin...
...the one's that say one does not have to be born again and baptized of the indwelling of the Spirit of Christ to enter into His Kingdom for all eternity...
...the one's that say that you are saved because you said a few words one day, (yet went on to live a life of sin), and failed to grow and mature into an obedient child of the Living God, obeying all of God's commands...
...the one's who say that to be required to "OBEY" means nothing more than you being a "good dog" or something of the sort...
...or the one's that just flat out discredit the Word of God altogether...that blaspheme the precious, gentle, loving, guiding, teaching Holy Spirit of God...

...Dear sweet Jesus...and the list goes on and on and on!!!...

...THESE ARE THE ONE'S the LORD will not allow me to just stand idly by and let them go un-REBUKED in the Name of Jesus Christ!

The manner in which you, Reverend, now SisterKat and others of your mindset, deliver your message of "love" is you fail to include that this manner of love that God speaks of is one of belief in His Words...precepts, statutes and commands...and OBEYING them!...but you fail to include the REST of the message!...which means you are guilty of teaching a half-truth...and a false doctrine...and YOU ALL WILL BE JUDGED FOR THIS!...you are spiritually murdering those that seek the truth and believe in your lies!
Quote:
God is very clear and specific Christy and tells us WHAT MANNER OF LOVE IT IS...which is to obey His commands!..ALL TEN OF THEM! GOD ABHORS, HE LOATHES SIN!...and does not abide in, nor does He KNOW anyone who remains in their sin! God's Words not mine.
Quote:
...and what manner of love is this?...

...Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear, what we shall be: but we know, that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him: for we shall see Him as He is.

And every man that hath this hope in Him, purifieth himself, even as He is pure.

Whosoever committeth sin, transgresseth also the Law: for sin is the transgression of the Law.

And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

Whosoever abideth in Him, sinneth not: whosoever sinneth, hath not seen Him, neither knowen Him.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doth righteousness, is rightous, even as He is righteous.

He that committeth sin, is of the devil, for the devil sinneth from the beginning: for this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Whosoever is born of God, doth not commit sin: for His seed remaineth in him, and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness, is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

For this is the message that ye have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother: and why did he slay him? because his own works were evil, and his brother's were righteous.

Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren: he that loveth not his brother, abideth in death.

Whosoever hateth his brother, is a murderer, and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in Him.

Hereby percieve we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1 John 3:1-16.

The "brethren" we are required to love are believers...not unbelievers...we are to love our "brethren" the one's who abide in Him and in this manner of love, keep His Commandments, and not sin. We are not required to love the wicked!
Quote:
...Christy, it is obvious that you do not know, nor do you understand the Word of God...and because you do not know or understand the Word of God, I don't expect anything more than what you have offered here...nor do I expect anything more from those who believe as you do...you don't know what the love of God is...you are not a "sister in Christ"...nor are you considered my "brethren", because of the simple fact that you teach a false doctrine...you are a false teacher, as is the rest who believe as you do. I am not required to love you or them...but I still do...because I just do. I am not judging you...these are not my Words that condemn you..they are God's...and that is a good thing...that His Words condemn you...I pray that they will eat at your soul until you finally submit to Him in His truths and not your own..

...what do I base my relationship with God upon...?...the blood of Jesus Christ...His Word....nothing less.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
My life depends on nothing less, than Jesus' love and righteousness.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 11-18-2009 at 10:16 AM..

Old 11-18-2009, 09:50 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,134,096 times
Quote:
God's love know no limitations <- this is a lie from the pit of hell?!?

God's love has no limitations. All will see this one day.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Before I say anything, let me say this, I love you more than you know...the love I have for you is why I say what I say...I care for the salvation of your soul Christy...Reverend...SisterKat...and others who believe as you do.....you are always in my prayers.

There are a lot of things that I don't understand in Scripture Christy, that I still need to study for sure...but the one thing I do understand quite clearly is we MUST keep the Ten Commandments of God......which INCLUDES keeping the Sabbath holy unto God...and if you break one, you've broken them all! NOT my Words....God's Holy Word!

Christy...I assure you, the love of God is thick within my heart, His love encompasses me and everything that I am...and everything that I do...I love people so much it hurts...you don't know me and you don't see me here and how I cry for you and the rest...right now, tears are rolling down my cheeks as I type this...I express my love for you and everyone here on CD the only way I can...I read every post on every thread, the one's I don't understand, I stay away from...

...but the one's that I do understand, that I take part in, like...

...the one's that tell people that they do not have to be obedient to the Ten Commandments...ALL TEN OF THEM, and that they can just simply love God and their neighbor...
...the one's that tell people that they can die in their iniquities and still stand in front of Jesus our King and Judge with confidence that they will be accepted into His Kingdom for all eternity...
...the one's that say you don't need to go through Jesus Christ FIRST to be with God and have a relationship with Him...
...the one's that say that it isn't by the Holy Spirit and through the precious blood of Jesus Christ that EMPOWERS one to live a victorious life free from sin...
...the one's that say one does not have to be born again and baptized of the indwelling of the Spirit of Christ to enter into His Kingdom for all eternity...
...the one's that say that you are saved because you said a few words one day, (yet went on to live a life of sin), and failed to grow and mature into an obedient child of the Living God, obeying all of God's commands...
...the one's who say that to be required to "OBEY" means nothing more than you being a "good dog" or something of the sort...
...or the one's that just flat out discredit the Word of God altogether...that blaspheme the precious, gentle, loving, guiding, teaching Holy Spirit of God...

...Dear sweet Jesus...and the list goes on and on and on!!!...

...THESE ARE THE ONE'S the LORD will not allow me to just stand idly by and let them go un-REBUKED in the Name of Jesus Christ!

The manner in which you, Reverend, now SisterKat and others of your mindset, deliver your message of "love" is you fail to include that this manner of love that God speaks of is one of belief in His Words...precepts, statutes and commands...and OBEYING them!...but you fail to include the REST of the message!...which means you are guilty of teaching a half-truth...and a false doctrine...and YOU ALL WILL BE JUDGED FOR THIS!...you are spiritually murdering those that seek the truth and believe in your lies!

God is very clear and specific Christy and tells us WHAT MANNER OF LOVE IT IS...which is to obey His commands!..ALL TEN OF THEM! GOD ABHORS, HE LOATHES SIN!...and does not abide in, nor does He KNOW anyone who remains in their sin! God's Words not mine.

...and what manner of love is this?...

...Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear, what we shall be: but we know, that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him: for we shall see Him as He is.

And every man that hath this hope in Him, purifieth himself, even as He is pure.

Whosoever committeth sin, transgresseth also the Law: for sin is the transgression of the Law.

And ye know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

Whosoever abideth in Him, sinneth not: whosoever sinneth, hath not seen Him, neither knowen Him.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doth righteousness, is rightous, even as He is righteous.

He that committeth sin, is of the devil, for the devil sinneth from the beginning: for this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy tyhe works of the devil.

Whosoever is born of God, doth not commit sin: for His seed remnaineth in him, and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness, is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

For this is the message that ye have heard from the beginning, that we should love one anothr.

Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother: and why did he slay him? because his own works were evil, and his brother's were righteous.

Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren: he that loveth not his brother, abideth in death.

Whosoever hateth his brother, is a murderer, and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in Him.

Hereby percieve we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
1 John 3:1-16.

The "brethren" we are required to love are believers...not unbelievers...we are to love our "brethren" the one's who abide in Him and in this manner of love, keep His Commandments, and not sin. We are not required to love the wicked!

...Christy, it is obvious that you do not know, nor do you understand the Word of God...and because you do not know or understand the Word of God, I don't expect anything more than what you have offered here...nor do I expect anything more from those who believe as you do...you don't know what the love of God is...you are not a "sister in Christ"...nor are you considered my "brethren", because of the simple fact that you teach a false doctrine...you are a false teacher, as is the rest who believe as you do. I am not required to love you or them...but I still do...because I just do. I am not judging you...these are not my Words that condemn you..they are God's...and that is a good thing...that His Words condemn you...I pray that they will eat at your soul until you finally submit to Him in His truths and not your own..

...what do I base my relationship with God upon...?...the blood of Jesus Christ...His Word....nothing less.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
My life depends on nothing less, than Jesus' love and righteousness.
Verna...please explain to me what these verses means to you:

Matthew 22: Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?"

37And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'
38"This is the great and foremost commandment.
39"The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' 40"On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity