Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 12:19 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Jesus is both God and man....

empowered with the Holy Spirit to do the works of the Father...
Indwelled by the Father,,annointed,,yes. But still a man. Flesh. Sinless. Killed. Ressurected. The Lamb of WHO? GOD!

Jesus is NOT the Father, period. There is no getting around this fact. He was born around 2000 years ago. Not since eternity began. He was a baby, like all of us were babies. He bled, like all of us bleed. He cried, like all of us cried. In fact, in terms of being a man, He was like us in every way, except one. He never committed a sin, against man, or His Father. But He could have....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Hot,

Answer the question.

Was it Christ that purchased mankind with His own blood, or was it God?

This I ask you both HotinAZ and ChystyGrl?

Answer the question...a simple yes or no for Christ of God will suffice.
Christ cannot bleed. Christ is Spirit.

Jesus bled, and was tortured, and died for ALL of mankind.

If you say it was God who died, then we do not have much of a God now, do we?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:27 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,220,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
No, it sounds like you think Jesus' name was Jesus Christ,,,which it wasn't. Christ is descriptive. Annointed. Yes, Jesus was annointed. Annointed with what, if He was ALREADY God?

So for you to use the term Christ and Jesus interchangably doesn't make sense for this topic, since you don't seem to know the difference.
In actuality the name should read Jesus the Christ....there is a huge and profound difference between Jesus the man and Jesus the Christ (the Messiah annointed with the spirit of God).

I would love to see an answer to the bolded question from anyone.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:

If, as is espoused by some, that Jesus is God....and we all know God can't die.....what sacrifice was really made?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:31 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,442,657 times
Quote:

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

It seems God purchased it with His own blood.

There is your first verse...I will let you search away. If you need anymore help, I am always here.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

There is your first verse...I will let you search away. If you need anymore help, I am always here.

Hmmm....Paul is talking of Jesus the Christ here not God. Perhaps you should read from vs. 17 down, that should clarify it for you.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:

There is nothing to search. Read IT. It says the "Church" of God. Who is head of the Church? Who is head of the Body? Who is head of the family?

Who was given this by His Father? Jesus was, that's who. He, after all, is King. Head of everything. But not the Father.

And Theos is descriptive of everything God. Like in John:

Jhn 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

It is the same as elohiym where this verse came from:

Psa 82:6
I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

So? Next you will be telling me that we ALL are the Father.....

Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Hmmm....Paul is talking of Jesus the Christ here not God. Perhaps you should read from vs. 17 down, that should clarify it for you.
Good point. I went the long way around...

Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,442,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
You are so very wrong, however, I expected that from someone who I believe has not been quickened. The preceding subject is that of God, but you have not studied much Greek, as it shows.

Look again.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:10 PM

Hmm, wonder who this was?

Rev 5:9
And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased FOR God with Your blood {men} from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

The Lion of the tribe of Judah? The Lamb of God? Perhaps,,Jesus?

But I can tell you who this wasn't. God the Father....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity