Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 01:10 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
You are so very wrong, however, I expected that from someone who I believe has not been quickened. The preceding subject is that of God, but you have not studied much Greek, as it shows.

Look again.
Acts 20:17 From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called to him the elders of the church.

18And when they had come to him, he said to them, "You yourselves know, from the first day that I set foot in Asia, how I was with you the whole time,
19serving the Lord with all humility and with tears and with trials which came upon me through the plots of the Jews;
20how I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house,
21solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
22"And now, behold, bound by the Spirit, I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there,
23except that the Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me.
24"But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.
25"And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will no longer see my face.
26"Therefore, I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all men.
27"For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God. 28"Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

Paul is speaking of Jesus the Christ....Not God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 01:24 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,733 times
I will exegete further for you on Acts 20:28, since the quickening did not transpire in you both

Consider the interest of God, and God's concern for the flock that was committed to their charge, in verse 28.

It is the church which He, God had purchased with His own blood.

Isa 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry [them] in his bosom, [and] shall gently lead those that are with young.

If it be the church of God, he expects you should show your love to him by feeding his sheep and lambs. The church must do this.

He has purchased it. The world is God’s by right of creation, but the church is His by right of redemption, and therefore it should to be dear to us, for it was dear to Him, because it cost Him dear, and we cannot better show it than by feeding his sheep and his lambs.

1 Peter 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight [thereof], not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

Zech 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man [that is] my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones

Matt 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

Eze 34:23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, [even] my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

Psa 23:1 The LORD [is] my shepherd; I shall not want.

God and Christ are but one shepherd.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:25 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Paul is speaking of Jesus the Christ....Not God.
The Word (That is actually God Almighty) gave his blood for our salvation.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The Word (That is actually God Almighty) gave his blood for our salvation.
Did God die on the cross?

Old 12-09-2009, 01:35 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Hmm, wonder who this was?

Rev 5:9
And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased FOR God with Your blood {men} from every tribe and tongue and people and nation.

The Lion of the tribe of Judah? The Lamb of God? Perhaps,,Jesus?

But I can tell you who this wasn't. God the Father....
I usually don't quote myself,,but it seems you all may have missed it.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I usually don't quote myself,,but it seems you all may have missed it.
Christy thinks they all turned tail and ran because they couldn't answer the questions presented and still hold the same paradigm that Jesus is God.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:16 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,052 times
Quote:
Did God die on the cross?
In a way, that is very true!

The Word (that is God Almighty) became human and was wrapped in human flesh.

Thus the person of Jesus had two fully natures.
He is both God Almighty and man.

The body of Jesus is human, and it died.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:23 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,615 times
Quote:
Christy thinks they all turned tail and ran because they couldn't answer the questions presented and still hold the same paradigm that Jesus is God.

Christy,

I suspect this has nothing to do with "turning tail" and that what happened is they realised that you are not an orthodox Christian (using the yardstick of the Nicene Creed as measurement) and got bored with the discussion.

Even I, who find interfaith dialogue interesting, have very little interest in discussing Jesus with individuals who claim to follow him yet reject Trinitarianism.

Also, your demeanor is less than respectful, to put it as diplomatically as I can.

In my view, you don't really even belong at the "Christianity" board, since your beliefs, although deeply held, cannot be deemed "Christian" within any generally accepted meaning of the term.

Last edited by DreamingSpires; 12-09-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Christy,

I suspect this has nothing to do with "turning tail" and that what happened is they realised that you are not an orthodox Christian (using the yardstick of the Nicene Creed as measurement) and got bored with the discussion.

Even I, who find interfaith dialogue interesting, have very little interest in discussing Jesus with individuals who claim to follow him yet reject Trinitarianism.

Also, your demeanor is less than respectful, to put it as diplomatically as I can.

In my view, you don't really even belong at the "Christianity" board, since your beliefs, although deeply held, cannot be deemed "Christian" by any generally accepted meaning of the term.
Where does GOD say that I have to accept Trinitarianism in order to be considered a Christian...please provide scripture for this statment.

My non belief in mans doctrine of Trinitarianism does not affect my faith in GOD nor does it affect the salvation I have obtained from GOD through Jesus Christ. God has revealed that as a false doctrine to me and I will adhere to and follow Him for my teaching and guidance in spiritual matters.

When you espouse a man made view that is unbiblical and judge anyone less than a Christian because they don't espouse the same view as you...that I deem as unchristianlike behavior. God reveals different things to different people at different times in their lives. Just because the revelation I have received is different from what you espouse does not make your view the TRUTH....keep that in mind when you judge anyone as a non Christian....only GOD knows what's in a persons heart.

Be Blessed!
Christy

Old 12-09-2009, 02:53 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,615 times
Quote:
Where does GOD say that I have to accept Trinitarianism in order to be considered a Christian...please provide scripture for this statment.

My non belief in mans doctrine of Trinitarianism does not affect my faith in GOD nor does it affect the salvation I have obtained from GOD through Jesus Christ. God has revealed that as a false doctrine to me and I will adhere to and follow Him for my teaching and guidance in spiritual matters.

When you espouse a man made view that is unbiblical and judge anyone less than a Christian because they don't espouse the same view as you...that I deem as unchristianlike behavior. God reveals different things to different people at different times in their lives. Just because the revelation I have received is different from what you espouse does not make your view the TRUTH....keep that in mind when you judge anyone as a non Christian....only GOD knows what's in a persons heart.

Be Blessed!
Christy
You are quite correct that only God knows what is in a person's heart.

Your claim however that I am "unchristianlike" to "judge" you as "less than Christian" because you hold a different religious view is, quite simply, nonsense.

Under your flaweed standard, anyone with a view different from mine (Catholic) could claim to be a "Christian" just because they believe themselves to be. This includes Oprah Winfrey, who promotes books like "A Course in Miracles" which reference Jesus Christ but teach doctrine that is entirely incompabitle with Christianity as it has been commonly understood over the centuries.

An Evangelical and Catholic may disagree vigorously on matters of doctrine, but they will both agree on the Nicene Creed, and are thus both "Christian." You, since you reject the Nicene Creed, are outside the scope, and it is not "unchristianlike" for me to say so--any more than it is "unchristian" for me to point out that Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, and Reverend Moon are not Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity