Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2009, 09:32 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,751,522 times

Advertisements

Let look at some choices.
1. You musts be first be drawn to Christ, by God Himself by Chastisement, but with love as you cry out to Christ.
2. Then Christ send the Holy Spirit to convict you from your sins.
3. Confession must be personal and it takes time, on one on one with Christ, because Christ is the intermediation between God and men though Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit searches the hearts knowing what is in the mind of men. He makes intercession for his people because we are still carnally minded. The Holy Spirit cry out to Christ, Christ cry out to the Father. Man cry out to Christ thought The Holy Spirit whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
4. Salvation is a personal experience with Christ, it is a process. It takes time.
1 Tim 2:4-6 (KJV)Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all.
John 5:24 (NKJV) "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.
John 10:28-30 (KJV) them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.
Romans 8:1-15 (KJV) There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Promise of Blessing and Retribution
What happens when you stray away of Christ?
Psalms 94:9-11 (KJV) He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see? He that chastiseth the heathen, shall not he correct? he that teacheth man knowledge, shall not he know? The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
Luke 23:16 (KJV) I will therefore chastise him, and release him.
Lev 26:27-28 (KJV) And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.
1 Kings 12:10-11 (KJV) Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins.  And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions.

If man will not receive correction because man, are after the flesh and do the mind the of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit and the things of the Spirit, that which is good do will. But if we are carnally minded it is death; Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:
But if a man is loving in Proverbs 3:11-12 (KJV) My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
Proverbs 13:24 we read, He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.
Proverbs 15:10 (KJV) Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die.

So after you receive the Holy Spirit you will receive chastise, Correction then the father chasten His people by the spirit of God. Chastening is how the Spirit keep you in line with God. No you can lost your salvation once you receive the Holy Spirit. But you can experience of lost of your Spirit. David experience the lost of his Spirit.
Psalms 51:11-12 (KJV) Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

In salvation there will be Suffering and Affliction, with out Hardship there is no salvation, endure is part of salvation. We read in Psalms 116:15 (KJV) Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

2 Tim 2:8-13 (KJV) Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel: Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound. Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Phil 1:27-30 (KJV) see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel; And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.

Heb 13:15-17 (KJV) By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Strong # 2552 & 2553 Suffering and Affliction

Luke 9:23-27 (KJV) If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

You must give up your old life, to save your life! You must lost yourself in Suffering to save it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 10:06 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times
Very good.

However; you say,

"3. Confession must be personal and it takes time... 4. Salvation is a personal experience with Christ, it is a process. It takes time."

When God is ready to save a man it is instant and He moves on you immediately see Paul in Acts 9.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity