Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 01:00 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Ironic coincidence indeed. Paint an affront on religious correctness as true evil while true evil (oppression, slaughter, starving children etc) gets a free pass.

There is some kool-aid being served up here for sure.

Look DS, I am almost positive you have a pure heart in these matters but I am just trying to help connect REAL 'righteousness' with reality. Again, delusional new agers are NOT the problem even though preachers can make a good living raising a war cry against these peaceful dreamers who are hurting no one.
Heh firstborn.....darkness hates the light..... When the gospel is being preached, studied and practiced oppression, slaughter, starving children ceases. It's pretty simple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 01:05 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,281 times
Quote:
Ironic coincidence indeed. Paint an affront on religious correctness as true evil while true evil (oppression, slaughter, starving children etc) gets a free pass.

There is some kool-aid being served up here for sure.

Look DS, I am almost positive you have a pure heart in these matters but I am just trying to help connect REAL 'righteousness' with reality. Again, delusional new agers are NOT the problem even though preachers can make a good living raising a war cry against these peaceful dreamers who are hurting no one.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, they shall be called the children of God."
The only ones who give a "free pass" to the evils you cite are New Agers who teach that "sin does not exist" and "you create your reality."

The preachers who are making "good livings" aren't the ones fighting this menace--rather, they are the ones pushing it--Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Robert Schuller, etc.

Most of the folks fighting New Age infiltration are marginalized or, at best, running small storefront operations.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:06 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Heh firstborn.....darkness hates the light..... When the gospel is being preached, studied and practiced oppression, slaughter, starving children ceases. It's pretty simple
Christianity does some good things but zealotry for the devil reslts in things like this: African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors

The 'gospel' was preached and believed to/by practicing slave owners for centuries.

Martin Luther sided with the oppressive lords against the peasants contributing greatly to their continued oppression (some reformers were for the peasants).

Religious Christian zeal does NOT equal righteousness fundy, sorry - would be nice if it did, but all in all it's just another brick in the wall.

Last edited by firstborn888; 12-23-2009 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-23-2009, 01:18 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
There is a misconception among Christians that the devil wants us to worship Him, that's not true, the devil is not dumb He knows that could not happen directly, He couldn't care if we believe in him in fact he prefers we didn't. His intention is for mankind to take its attention off God and the gospel.
True,, Fundy . . . but the real objective is to keep fear in our hearts because fear and love cannot co-exist in the same heart. God is love and it is love that is of God. By keeping fear at the forefront, true love of God is corrupted and removed from our hearts. Mission accomplished.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
The only ones who give a "free pass" to the evils you cite are New Agers who teach that "sin does not exist" and "you create your reality."

The preachers who are making "good livings" aren't the ones fighting this menace--rather, they are the ones pushing it--Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, Robert Schuller, etc.

Most of the folks fighting New Age infiltration are marginalized or, at best, running small storefront operations.
I get your point but while they are devoting themselves to their noble little 'crusades for truth' people like Oprah are confronting the 'real' evils in the world. I already conceded some of the delusional-ness of new age beliefs but your going to have to show where these new agers are inciting violence and oppression for your arguments to have any merit.

As far as orthodoxers not making good livings - it's a mixed bag. John Hagee (just down the road from me) does pretty well ($$$$$$$$).

Old 12-23-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I get your point but while they are devoting themselves to their noble little 'crusades for truth' people like Oprah are confronting the 'real' evils in the world. I already conceded some of the delusional-ness of new age beliefs but your going to have to show where these new agers are inciting violence and oppression for your arguments to have any merit.

As far as orthodoxers not making good livings - it's a mixed bag. John Hagee (just down the road from me) does pretty well ($$$$$$$$).
I didn't say "orthodox" preachers were not making a good living. What I said was that apostates pushing a New Age agenda such as Warren, Schuller, and Osteen ARE, whilst those actively fighting the New Age movement are not. Hagee, as far as I know, is not actively fighting the New Age movement.

With regard to the dangers of the New Age movement -- I am not interested in educating you about a topic for which there is already a great deal of research available online. I will point you in the right direction, however. You could start with Constance Cumbey's book, "Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow" and Warren Smith's book "Reinventing Jesus Christ." Both are available free online.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:38 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,543 times
Quote:
There is a misconception among Christians that the devil wants us to worship Him, that's not true, the devil is not dumb He knows that could not happen directly, He couldn't care if we believe in him in fact he prefers we didn't. His intention is for mankind to take its attention off God and the gospel.
By way of the anti-christ as in "instead of Christ".

This is being done by placing the focus and emphasis on the Holy Spirit and by seeking another spirit to receive.

As the way was broaden in the worship place by placing the Holy Spirit, Whom is God, in the worship place to be addressed, prayed to, sung to, and worshipped, they left the door wide open for thieves to break through as in other spirits.

That is why the role of the Holy Spirit has been defined as to be a witness of Jesus Christ so as to not speak of himself and thereby by testifying of the Son, the indwelling Holy Spirit is seeking the glory of the Son for the Son is the only way the Father is glorified and honoured by.

That is also why all invitations in having that relationship with God the Father is through the Son; not through the Holy Spirit for the Holy Spirit in us along with the scriptures are still pointing believers to go to the Son, our first love, the Bridegroom in continuing that relationship with God the Father so that believers can avoid false spirits as well as false prophets.

So that is the trick of the devil as you have said as the definition of the anti-christ as applied in the scriptures means "instead of Christ" .. not the world's definition of it meaning "against Christ". That would be too obvious for false prophets to lead others astray by so that is why they tote some other name up there with Jesus's name as being equal to be praised and worship... and that is the name of the Holy Spirit's.

Now while every wayward believer are asleep and not discerning, other spirits will move in whenever they honour the Holy Spirit or worship the Holy Spirit or address the Holy Spirit in prayer because the believers are breaking the commandment of John 14:6 in relating to God the Father.

The Holy Spirit seek no worship.. is not the Mediator... is not the Saviour.. is not the Shepherd ... but the Comforter.. the promise for all those that come to and believe in Jesus Christ... and that is why all invitations still points to Jesus for having that personal relationship with God so as to stand apart from the rudiments in the world in how they seek after spirits and worship them.

Keep your eyes on Jesus, but if the way is broaden in the worship place.. then the devil can move in, now that wayward believers are suffering a thief to break through as there will be many anti-christs in the world that are available to be the "go to" person "instead of Christ".

Old 12-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
now that wayward believers are suffering a thief to break through as there will be many anti-christs in the world that are available to be the "go to" person "instead of Christ".
The spirit of antichrist is the spirit which places an emphasis on ethereal religious truths and ignores real world peace/justice.

"All things therefore whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you also to them. For this is the law and the prophets"

The pharisees made the same mistake that fundamentalists are making now. Equating evil with doctrinal errors. Legalistic religiosity = antichrist.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:07 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
That honestly had to be the saddest and most ridiculous statement I've seen yet on this forum given that ALL organized churchianity spends their money on themselves and their buildings and better still you have the Vatican with it's hordes of riches (treasure on earth vs. treasure in heaven) while very little of what is given is used to stop oppression, slaughter or to help starving children anywhere....it's truly disgusting.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
That honestly had to be the saddest and most ridiculous statement I've seen yet on this forum given that ALL organized churchianity spends their money on themselves and their buildings and better still you have the Vatican with it's hordes of riches (treasure on earth vs. treasure in heaven) while very little of what is given is used to stop oppression, slaughter or to help starving children anywhere....it's truly disgusting.
Trapped in carnality as you are ChristyGrl, it is no surprise that you would express such views.

Very rightly the fine arts, by their very nature, are oriented toward the infinite beauty of God which they attempt in some way to portray by the work of human hands; they achieve their purpose of redounding to God's praise and glory in proportion as they are directed the more exclusively to the single aim of turning men's minds devoutly toward God.SACROSANCTUM CONCILIUM, 122
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity